Joshua Hong - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Girlfriend, Parents, Family, Birthday, Ethnicity, Nationality, Religion, Age, Height, Wiki, Facts, Awards, Size
Joshua Hong popularly known as Joshua is an American-born South Korean singer who is well recognized to be one of the members of the popular K-pop boy group, Seventeen. Seventeen is a South Korean K-pop group under Pledis Entertainment which consists of 13 members including Joshua.
With his charming personality, handsome face, and singing skills, Joshua earned much recognition also along with his group which debuted in 2015.
He debuted alongside the team under their sub-unit, 'Vocal Unit' in May 2015 with a live showcase televised by MCB. Recently, in November 2021, he caught headlines when he alongside his member Vernon made a surprise guest appearance on "Genius Open Mic" performing live their song, '2 Minus 1'.
With his up growing popularity, he has managed to amass a healthy fan following over 3.5 million on Instagram: @joshu_acoustic while their group has over 8.4 million followers on official Instagram: @saythename_17.
What is Joshua Hong Famous for?
- Famous as a member of the K-pop group, Seventeen.
Where is Joshua Hong From?
Joshua Hong was born on December 30, 1995, in Los Angeles, California, United States. His birth name is Hong Jisoo. His nationality is American-South Korean. Joshua belongs to Asian ethnicity while Capricon is his zodiac sign.
Born as the only son of his parents, Joshua aspired to become a singer since his childhood that he moved from his hometown of Los Angeles to South Korea to start his career while he was in high school. He was raised with much love and affection throughout his childhood as the only son of his parents whom he sees as his role models.
Joshua attended Grover Cleveland High School' in Reseda, Los Angeles after which he joined 'Downtown Magnets High School'. Growing up, Hong attended church regularly where he even sang in a church choir, from where he realized what he wanted to become in life.
Alongside his members, he got his training in Seoul after he completed his high schooling for 2 years and 2 months till their debut in 2015.
Joshua Hong's Career as a K-pop Idol
- Joshua Hong started his professional career when he was assigned to a boy group, "Seventeen" under its sub-unit, 'Vocal Unit.
- Alongside the 12 other members, he made his initial appearance in the online broadcasts of the show, "Seventeen TV" in 2013.
- On May 26, 2015, the group debuted with an hour special showcase in MBC.
- Three days later, they released their first EP titled "17 Carat", which became the only rookie album to appear on Billboard's "10 Best K-Pop Albums of 2015" chart. It was even the longest-charting K-pop album of the year in the US.
- On September 10, 2015, their second EP "Boys Be" was released, which became the highest-selling rookie album of 2015 earning them several awards.
- Their popularity rose alongside the release of their first full-length albums, "Love & Letter" in 2016.
- Joshua along with his group is rising to become a huge Kpop phenomenon after the release of their 2019 album, "You Made My Dawn". The album’s title song, Home is considered to be their most popular release to date.
- On August 5, 2020, they released the digital single "Hit" through which they earned their first daesang or grand prize for Album of the Year.
- On October 19, 2021, they released their second special album Semicolon with the lead single "Home; Run".
- They released their third Japanese single "Not Alone" on April 21, 2021.
- On October 22, 2021, Seventeen released their ninth EP, Attacca, with the lead single "Rock with You".
- The group mostly writes, creates music, and choreographs their music on their own.
- Besides, he was also part of a solo project named ‘You and I,’ with rapper Kisum.
Joshua Hong's Dating Life, Girlfriend
Joshua Hong is currently single. He isn't dating anyone at the moment as he seems to be more focused on his career. Not only Joshua but most of the popular K-pop groups including BTS, NCT, Twice, aren't much in relationship scandals. Even so, he hasn't a girlfriend, he is loved by millions of his fans all around the world. Also, he is a shy person.
Apart from his love life, his hobbies include reading, singing, playing the guitar, and watching movies as he mostly watches horror movies and enjoys reading fairy tales.
He also enjoys watching anime, as he has mentioned his favorite anime shows being 'One Piece,' 'Naruto,' and 'Bleach.' Besides, he can speak Korean and English well.
Joshua Hong's Net Worth
Joshua Hong has quite good earnings from his professional career as a K-pop singer. Having his career started in the year 2015 with his group, "Seventeen", Joshua has managed to come a long way up alongside the group becoming one of the loved and popular boy bands in Korea.
His source of income is his contract deal with Pledis Entertainment that falls under Hype Insight, which includes, record sales, concerts, tours, sponsorships, and endorsements. Summing up, they make their fortune out of their career in the entertainment industry. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $2.5 million.
Joshua Hong's Height and Measurements
Joshua Hong is a handsome man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his 20s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 11inch.(1.80m) while his body weighs around 60kg(132 lbs). He has a fair complexion with a perfect face, brown hair, and brown eyes.
Trivias About Joshua Hong You Need To Know.
- He is the only child of his parents.
- He was just 18 when he made his debut with "Seventeen" in 2015.
- He is a shy person.