Who is Joss Stone - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Family, Age, Songs, Facts
Joscelyn Eve Stoker is an English singer, songwriter, and actress, known professionally as Joss Stone. There are many incidents that happened in the world. Some are good and some are bad. Today we are discussing the incident that changes Joss Stone's life completely. Today, we are knowing her because of that incident. She did not complete her schooling because of that incident. That is not other than a disorder called dyslexia. It was hard for her to interpret certain words, symbols, and letters. Thus, she spent the rest of her teenage life listening to different styles and tones of music which inspired her to make a career in the music industry. Throughout her career, she released 8 studio albums, 1 video album, 1 compilation album, 27 music videos, 3 EPs, 46 singles, and 5 promotional singles to date. She also has sold 14 million albums worldwide. Besides in the music field, she acted in several movies and TV series which are mentioned below. If you know more about her, you should scroll through the page below.
What is Joss Stone famous for?
- An English singer, songwriter, and actress.
- Performing Bare Feet.
Who are Joss Stone's parents?
Joss Stone was born in 1987 to her parents as a third child. Currently, she is aged 34 years old and her birthday is on April 11. Her birthplace is in Dover, Kent, England, United Kingdom but currently resides in Park Slope, New York City, New York, United States. Similarly, her parents are Richard Stoker and Wendy Skillin. Her father is a businessman while her mother is a former manager of her. Also, she has three siblings. They are Daniel Stoker, Lucy Stoker, and Harry Stoker. Further, she holds British nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. Her birth sign is Aries.
For education, she studied at the Uffculme Comprehensive School in Devon but later dropped out after attaining 3 GCSE level qualifications.
How did Joss Stone become a singer?
- Joss Stone grew up listening to different styles and tones of music. Luckily, she got a chance to audition at a BBC Television talent show 'Star for a Night', and eventually won the competition.
- After that, Greenberg invited her to his team in 2002.
- In 2003, she launched her first album titled ‘The Soul Sessions.'
- In 2004, she released her second album named 'Mind Body and Soul.'
- The same year, She joined Band-Aid 20 in benefit of Sudan’s troubled Darfur region, and with luminaries as Chris Martin and Bono, re-recorded the song, Do They Know It’s Christmas?
- In 2005, she was hired as the spokesperson for the Gap clothing company. She has appeared in many commercials for that store since then.
- After two years in 2007, she released her third album named 'Introducing Joss Stone.' The album peaked at number twelve on the UK Albums Chart.
- In 2009, she released her fourth album named 'Color Me Free!'.
- In 2010, she voiced the Bond girl in the video game named James Bond 007: Blood Stone. She also performed and co-wrote with Dave Stewart the game’s theme song.
- In 2011, she released her fifth album named LP1.
- After a year in 2012, she released her sixth album named The Soul Sessions Vol. 2.
- In 2015, she released her seventh album named Water for Your Soul.
- In 2022, she released her eighth album named Never Forget My Love.
How did Joss Stone become an actress?
Upon the name in the music industry, she slowly moved to the film industry. Her first acting debut was in 2004, appearing in the TV series named Austin City Limits. After that, she appeared in several movies and TV series like American Dreams (2005), Eragon (2006), American Dad! (2009), The Tudors (2009-10), Empire (2018-19), Tomorrow (2018), and many others.
Who is Joss Stone's partner?
Joss Stone is rich in a relationship. She is currently in a romantic relationship with Cody DaLuz. They had started dating in 2019. Together, the couple blessed a daughter named Violet Melissa in January 2021. Currently, the couple were enjoying their love life happily with her newly born child, and soon they will be exchanging their wedding vows.
Previously, she had several affairs with celebrities like Beau Dozier (2004-05), Lemar (2006), Dallas Austin (2006), Raphael Saadiq (2007-08), Prince Harry, Danny Radford (2009), and Si Chai (2013-16).
What is Joss Stone worth?
Joss Stone had been engaged in the entertainment industry since 2001. She first came as a singer and later become an actress. During her career, she sang and acted in several songs and movies which she made quite an impressive income. Based on some online sites, her current estimated net worth is said to be $8 million. However, her salary and other financial details are yet to be disclosed.
Further, she has done endorsement work for several brands like:
- Cadbury Schweppes
- GAP Jeans
How tall is Joss Stone?
Joss Stone has a slim body with a body measurement of 35-25-35 inches. She used to wear 40B (US) bra cup size and 9.5 (US) shoe sizes. Similarly, she has a height of 5 feet 10 inches and she weighs around 61 Kg. Further, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and she has twirly blonde hair. Overall, she has a fit and healthy body with a wide smile and dimpled cheeks.
Trivias About Joss Stone You Need To Know.
- When she was 8 years old, Joss would be afraid to go down the stairs at home because she would picture ghosts waiting at to pounce on her at the bottom.
- As a child, she was diagnosed with dyslexia. Due to that, she had to give up studying when she was 16 years old.
- Her music is mostly influenced by her childhood sensations singer and songwriter Dusty Springfield and American singer and songwriter Aretha Franklin.
- At the age of 17, Stone became the youngest female solo artist to peak on the UK Albums Chart.
- In the past, she was criticized for her ‘black’ style of singing.
- Her vocal range is of mezzo-soprano and contralto
- According to sources, she supports more than 200 charities across the world.
- She wears a nose ring.
- She performs barefoot.