Facts About Jovanie Santiago
|Celebrated Name||Jovanie Santiago|
|Age||33 Years Old|
|Nick Name||El Lobito|
|Birth Name||Jovanie Santiago|
|Place Of Birth||Dorado|
|Birth Nation||Puerto Rico|
|Famous For||Won the World Boxing Association Fedelatin Super Light title in 2019|
|Career Start||Turned Professional in 2007|
|Title Won||UBF International light welterweight title, WBA Fedelatin Super Light title|
|Marital Status||Not Available|
|Height||1.7 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Boxing (contracts, purse, bonuses, endorsements)|
Jovanie Santiago is a Puerto Rican professional boxer. His boxing career started in 2007 and currently fights in the welterweight division. He is a one-time UBF International Light Welterweight champion and a WBA Fedelatin Super Light champion. Since his debut in 2007, the Puerto Rican boxer went undefeated until 2021. He suffered his first professional loss against the former WBO, WBC, and WBA champion, Adrien Broner in February 2021. As of early 2021, he has recorded 14-1-1 in 16 bouts.
What is Jovanie Santiago Famous For?
- Won the World Boxing Association Fedelatin Super Light title in 2019.
Where is Jovanie Santiago From?
Jovanie Santiago was born on 20 January 1990. His birth place is in Dorado in Puerto Rico. His nationality is Puerto Rican. He belongs to Puerto Rican ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. He maintains a low profile regarding his personal life. Thus, information about his parents, siblings, and early life is not available for now.
Any news about his personal life will be updated here.
Jovanie Santiago Career
- Jovanie Santiago started his professional boxing career in 2007.
- He made his boxing debut on 25 August 2007. He defeated Justin Hernandez in his debut.
- In August 2008, he defeated Angel Rivera via TKO.
- Santiago defeated Antonio Ortiz in July 2014.
- In 2015, he defeated, Mike Erosa, Juan Carlos Contreras, Leroy Padilla, Jose Vidal Soto, and Alexander Charneco.
- In May 2016, he defeated Ramon Matias Perez via TKO.
- He then faced DeMarcus Corley for the vacant UBF International light welterweight title in April 2017. He defeated Corley to win the vacant title.
- In August 2018, he defeated Andres Figueroa.
- He defeated Ivan Cano and Gustavo David Vittori in 2019.
- He won the vacant World Boxing Association Fedelating Super Light Title after he defeated Gustavo David Vittori in December 2019.
- The following December, he won the World Boxing Association Fedelatin Super Light Title defeating Juan Zegarra.
- Santiago was undefeated until he faced Adrien Broner in February 2021. Broner had returned to the boxing ring after a 25-month layoff.
- He was defeated by Broner via a unanimous decision.
Jovanie Santiago Wife
Jovanie Santiago is reportedly single. There is no information about his marital status. He has maintained a low profile regarding his personal life. He has shared a couple of pictures with three kids on his Instagram. It is not clear if they are his kids or not. More details about his personal life will be updated here.
He lives in Dorado, Puerto Rico.
Jovanie Santiago Height
Jovanie Santiago stands at a height of 1.7 m i.e. 5 feet and 7 inches tall. He has a reach of 1.78m i.e. 70 inches. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Jovanie Santiago Net Worth
Jovanie Santiago is one of the popular Puerto Rican professional boxers. He went undefeated from his debut in 2007 until February 2021. The Fedelatin Super Light champion Santiago has made a good fortune out of his career. His income comes from contracts, prize money, and bonuses. His net worth is not available at present.
Trivias About Jovanie Santiago You Need To Know.
- His bout with Maro Padilla in December 2008 went draw.
- Since his debut in 2007, he went undefeated until February 2021.