Facts About Julian Casablancas
|44 Years Old
|Julian Fernando Casablancas
|Place Of Birth
|New York City, U.S.
|College / University
|Five Towns College
|Juliet Joslin (m. 2005; div. 2019)
|Source of Wealth
|6 ft 2 in / 188 cm
|170 lb / 77 kg
|Wikipedia Instagram Twitter Facebook Youtube
Julian Fernando Casablancas is an American singer, best known as Julian Casablancas. He is well recognized for being the lead vocalist and primary songwriter of the rock band The Strokes, with whom he has released six studio albums since their founding in 1998. He founded the independent record label Cult Records, which has represented artists such as The Growlers, Rey Pila, and Karen O. His stepfather introduced him to The Doors, which impacted his musical and performance style. He met his bandmates while playing music at Manhattan's Dwight School. Julian began fronting the electronic music band The Voidz in 2013. The youngsters released an EP that became a huge hit and soon several record companies were vying with each other to sign with the band. They also signed with RCA and released their debut album "Is This It" which won the group critical praise and made them a popular rock band.
Julian Casablancas Famous For
- Being an American singer.
- For being the lead vocalist and primary songwriter of the rock band The Strokes.
Who is Julian Casablancas Parents?
Julian Casablancas was born on 23rd August 1978 with the real name of Julian Fernando Casablancas in New York City, U.S. He is of American nationality and he came from a mixed ethnic background. Likewise, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Julian has celebrated his 43rd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Virgo. He is the son of American-Spanish businessman John Casablancas (father), the founder of Elite Model Management, and Jeanette Christiansen (mother), a Danish model and the 1965 Miss Denmark who later became an artist. When Casablancas was eight, his parents divorced. His mother later married Ghanaian painter Sam Adoquei, who helped shape Casablancas' early musical taste by exposing him to music such as The Doors. He has several half-siblings, including an elder sister from his father's first marriage, and three other siblings from his father's third marriage.
Regarding Julian's education, he attended Institut Le Rosey boarding school in Switzerland, where he met future Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond, Jr. He later returned to New York and attended Dwight School with two other future Strokes bandmates: guitarist Nick Valensi and drummer Fabrizio Moretti. He never finished high school, but took a GED and continued to take music classes at Five Towns College
Julian Casablancas Singing Career
- Julian Casablancas kicks off his career with guitarist Nick Valensi and drummer Fab Moretti and reconnected with guitarist Albert Hammond Jr. The band was formed in 1998 when Hammond was accepted into the band.
- Then the band started rehearsing a fourteen-song set which included "Alone, Together", "Barely Legal", "Last Nite", "The Modern Age", "New York City Cops", "Soma", "Someday", "Take It or Leave It" and "This Life".
- The band received the highest of praise for "Is This It" and took a five-year break, then returned with their fourth album "Angles" in 2011.
- The band launched "Comedown Machine" in 2013, as their last album under the contract with longtime label RCA after which they released an EP, "Future Present Past", on Casablancas' own label Cult Records in 2016.
- In April 2020, they released the album "The New Abnormal" and won the band their first Grammy Award.
- Besides the band, Julian's first solo album, "Phrazes for the Young" was released on 2nd November in the UK and 3rd November 2009, in the United States.
- He made his live solo debut at a private party for fashion brand Opening Ceremony in Tokyo, Japan, and also hosted a monthly music show "Culture Void" on Sirius XMU between May 2016 and February 2017.
- Later The Voidz which is formerly known as Julian Casablancas + The Voidz was formed in 2013 along with Casablancas as the lead vocalist.
- Though the band's sound has not always been well received, The Voidz aims to "bridge the gap" between music that is both aggressive and complex.
- Casablancas announced he would be releasing the debut album "Tyranny" in June 2014 which was launched on 23rd September 2014.
- The Voidz released their second album, titled "Virtue" on 30th March 2018.
- As well, Casablancas founded Cult Records in 2009 and the label signed a partnership agreement with Kobalt Label Services in 2014.
- He served as a co-producer on Rey Pila's album released on Cult, "The Future Sugar". It was also announced that Julian himself was producing the album, later known as "City Club".
- Furthermore, the Strokes also performed a get-out-the-vote concert rally with 2020 presidential candidate and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders at the Whittemore Center Arena in Durham, New Hampshire on 10th February 2020.
- Casablancas showed his support for the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement in the spring of 2021.
- As well, the Strokes held an in-person concert at New York's Irving Plaza to support New York City mayoral candidate Maya Wiley on 12th June 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Grammy Awards for his work in "Random Access Memories" and "The New Abnormal"
Who is Julian Casablancas Wife?
Julian Casablancas is a married man. He married Juliet Joslin in 2005, who was the assistant manager of The Strokes at the time. Their son, Cal, was born in January 2010 and their second son, Zephyr, was born on 27th March 2015. But, later in 2019, the couple divorced.
Julian is lately dating his new girlfriend Kaya Nichols after his cut-up with his spouse Juliet. The pair's relationship is exceptional till now and hopes it will remain as same in the future too. In the early 2010s, Casablancas and his family moved to Upstate New York from Greenwich Village in Manhattan. As of 2020, he lives in Los Angeles. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Julian Casablancas?
Julian Casablancas is an American singer and songwriter who has a net worth of $13 million as of 2022. He has also a handsome amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. Casablancas composed the original song "I Like the Night" as part of his endorsement deal to represent Azzaro's new men's fragrance Decibel, dB. In addition, his major source of income is his singing career.
How tall is Julian Casablancas?
Julian Casablanca is 6 ft 2 in / 188 cm tall and his body weighs around 170 lb / 77 kg. He has good-looking dark brown hair and eye color. Moreover, his body build type is average.
Trivias About Julian Casablancas You Need To Know.
- He is best known as the frontman for the rock band The Strokes, the group known for songs like "Last Nite," "Reptilia" and "You Only Live Once."
- His stepfather introduced him to The Doors, which impacted his musical and performance style.
- He met his bandmates while playing music at Manhattan's Dwight School.
- He began fronting the electronic music band The Voidz in 2013.
- His father John co-founded the Elite Model Management agency in Paris.