Facts About Julie Chen Moonves
|Celebrated Name||Julie Chen Moonves|
|Age||53 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Julie Suzanne Chen|
|Place Of Birth||Queens, New York City|
|Father||David Y. Chen|
|Mother||Wan Ling Chen|
|Sisters||Gladys and Victoria|
|School||St. Francis Preparatory School|
|University||University of Southern California|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
|Salary||$75K Per Episode|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Julie Chen Moonves is an American TV personality, news anchor as well as producer for CBS. She has been the host of the American version of the CBS reality-television program "Big Brother" since its debut in July 2000. She made her debut TV show appearance on the show, CBS "This Morning", in the year 1992. She is nicknamed Chenbot because she was heavily criticized during her first year as the host of the show and her interaction with the studio audience was claimed to be scripted and wooden.
What is Julie Chen Moonves Known For?
- Being a TV personality, news anchor, and producer for CBS.
- For being the longest-serving host, until 2018, of any country's version of the show, "Big Brother", since 2000.
- Being the co-host and moderator of the CBS daytime show, "The Talk", for 8 seasons. Besides this, she is known for having co-anchored "The Early Show" on CBS.
What is Julie Chen Moonves's Ethnicity?
Julie Chen was born on 6th January 1970 with the born name of Julie Suzanne Chen. She is from Queens, New York City, the USA. As of 2020, she celebrated her 50th birthday. Her nationality is American and her ethnicity is Mixed of Chinese-American. She is the daughter of Chinese immigrants. She was born to her parents; David Y. Chen (father) and Wan Ling Chen (mother). She also has two siblings; older sisters, Gladys and Victoria. She attended junior high school in the Whitestone area of Queens. She went on to graduate from St. Francis Preparatory School in the year 1987 and attended the University of Southern California and graduated in 1991, majoring in broadcast journalism and English. Her present age is 52 as of 2022.
Julie Chen Career Timeline
- Following her graduation from the University of Southern California as a broadcasting and English major, she became a news assistant for ABC News in Los Angeles, in September 1991.
- Next, she worked as a local news reporter for WDTN-TV.
- She was the anchor of CBS Morning News and news anchor of CBS This Morning and later The Early Show from the year 1999 to 2002.
- She was a co-host of The Early Show on CBS from the year 2002, before leaving the daily position but remaining as a special contributing anchor of the program until its cancelation in the year 2010.
- She has also been the host of the American version of Big Brother since the year 2000.
- She was also the moderator and co-host of the CBS Daytime talk show, "The Talk", which premiered on 18th October 2010.
- She announced in a prerecorded tape that she would not be returning to "The Talk" because she needed "to spend more time at home with [her] husband" after a number of sexual assault allegations surfaced against her husband Les Moonves.
Who is Julie Chen Moonves Husband?
Julie Chen Moonves is a married woman to her long-time boyfriend whose name goes by Les Moonves. Les Moonves is the president and chief executive officer of CBS Television. They met each other during Les's marriage to Nancy Wiesenfeld Moonves. After the divorce of Les and Nancy, Julie Chen and Les Moonves married on 23rd December 2004 in a private ceremony in Acapulco, Mexico. The duo is also blessed with a son named Charlie on 24th September 2009. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, she dated Gary in September 1991 who was a news editor and 28 years senior to her. They began dating in February 1992 and were in a long-term relationship before finally parting ways in 2002.
How Rich is Julie Chen Moonves?
Julie Chen Moonves is a talented TV personality, news anchor, and producer for CBS whose net worth is believed to be $30 Million as of 2022. She is making a salary of $75,000 per episode. She spent most of her career with CBS hosting and anchoring several of their programs. Her major source of wealth is frоm wоrkіng іn ѕеvеrаl entertainment industry. Her Веvеrlу Ніllѕ-bаѕеd hоuѕе hаѕ аn еѕtіmаtеd vаluе оf $14 mіllіоn, аnd thе Lа Соѕtа Веасh bаѕеd hоuѕе thаt ѕhе со-оwnѕ wіth hеr huѕbаnd Lеѕlіе Мооnvеѕ wаѕ ѕоld fоr mоrе thаn $11 mіllіоn. She is living a standard lifestyle at present.
How tall is Julie Chen Moonves?
Julie Chen Moonves is a beautiful woman with a tall height of 164 cm and a balanced body weight of 56 Kg. Her hair color is black and her eye color is dark brown. She has got a healthy body as of now. In 2015, Chen revealed on The Talk that during her time in Dayton her news director had told her that she would never become a news anchor because of her "Asian eyes". After a "big-time agent" agreed and advised her to get plastic surgery, she made the decision to have a surgical procedure to reduce the epicanthic folds of her eyes.
Trivias About Julie Chen Moonves You Need To Know.
- She speaks Mandarin Chinese but does not consider herself fluent.
- While still in college, she got an internship with CBS Morning News where her job was to answer phones and copy faxes for distribution.
- Capricorn is her zodiac sign.
- Her birth name is Julie Suzanne Chen.
- She is represented by CBS.
- She is of Chinese descent.