Justin Lin - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Parents, Age, Facts, Career
Justin Lin is a Taiwanese-born American film director. Lin is best known for directing the Fast & Furious franchise films and Better Luck Tomorrow. He has directed several other movies and tv shows. He is also known for his work on tv programs like Community and True Detective.
What is Justin Lin Famous For?
- Director of Fast & Furious franchise films.
Where is Justin Lin From?
Justin Lin was born on 11 October 1971. His birth place is Taipei in Taiwan. He holds American nationality. His father is Frank Lin. Information about his mother is not available. He has a brother named Jimmy Lin. He belongs to the Asian ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Cypress High School. After high school, he attended the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) for two years. He then transferred to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). He graduated with a BA in Film and Television. He later attended UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television, where he graduated with an MFA degree.
Justin Lee Career
- While a UCLA student, Justin Lee co-directed his first feature film, Shopping for Fangs. The film stars John Cho.
- In 2000, he wrote and directed a documentary, Crossover about the 70-year-old phenomenon of the Japanese American Basketball Leagues, which were established in the 1930s.
- He made his solo directorial debut with the 2002 crime-drama film, Better Luck Tomorrow. He is also the producer, writer, and editor of the film.
- The film was nominated for a Grand Jury Prize at 2002 Sundance and the John Cassavetes Award at the 2004 Independent Spirit Awards.
- He directed the 2006 drama film, Annapolis starring James Franco, Tyrese Gibson, Jordana Brewster, and Donnie Wahlberg.
- He entered the Fast and Furious franchise as the director of its Tokyo Drift edition. The film, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift was released in 2006.
- He later went on to direct the Fast and Furious franchise films: Fast & Furious (2009), Fast Five (2011), Fast & Furious 6 (2013), and F9 (2021).
- He was set to direct the franchise's tenth and eleventh installments. However, Lin dropped out from directing about a week into production. He will still be the co-producer and co-writer of the films.
- He wrote, produced, and directed the 2007 mockumentary film, Finishing the Game. The film chronicles the events surrounding the production of Bruce Lee's final film, Game of Death.
- He directed three episodes of the first season of the NBC sitcom, Community.
- He was nominated for two NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Directing in a Comedy Series for his work in Community.
- He directed the action drama series, Scorpion. He is also the executive producer of the series.
- He co-wrote and co-produced the 2015 action comedy film, Hollywood Adventures. He did not direct the film.
- He directed the first two episodes of the anthology crime drama series, True Detective in 2015.
- He directed the 2016 space opera film, Star Trek Beyond.
- He is the director and executive producer of the tv series, S.W.A.T. (since 2017) and Magnum P.I (since 2018).
- He is the executive producer of the series, Warrior since 2019 and The Endgame.
Who is Justin Lin Wife?
Justin Lin is a married man. He is married to Chen Yun-ing. He has a son named Oqwe Lin. More details about his personal life will be updated here.
What is Justin Lin Height?
Justin Lin stands at the height of 1.68 m i.e. 5 feet and 6 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 75 kg. He has an average body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Justin Lin Net Worth?
Justin Lin is a popular film director. He is best known for directing the Fast & Furious franchise films. He has directed several other movies and tv shows. His films have grossed over US$3 billion worldwide. He signed a two-year first-look deal with Universal Pictures in 2011. The same year, Lin and his production company Barnstorm Pictures signed a first-look deal with Sony Pictures Television. In 2018, he signed an overall TV deal with Apple Inc. In 2020, his Perfect Storm Entertainment signed an overall film and television first-look deal with Universal Studios. Summing up, he makes his fortune in his filmmaking career. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $50 million.
Trivias About Justin Lin You Need To Know.
- He was a member of Boy Scout Troop 670 and earned the rank of Eagle Scout in March 1989.
- He was given a Distinguished Alumni Award in 2017.
- His brother Jimmy is also an actor.
- For his directorial work in Better Luck Tomorrow, Variety magazine named Lin one of the "Top 10 Directors to Watch" in 2002.
- He started the Asian American blog YOMYYOMF (You Offend Me You Offend My Family) in 2009, which was adapted into a YouTube channel in 2011.