Justin Tucker - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Contract, Wife, Family, Parents, Nationality, Awards, Height, Facts, Wiki, Career, Records, Education
Justin Tucker is an American footballer who is playing for his current team, Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League. His playing position is placekicker. Graduating from Westlake High School, he was a teammate of Nick Foles, the current quarterback of the Chicago Bears. He played college football for the University of Texas Longhorns. Then, he was signed by the Ravens as an undrafted free agent in the year 2012. He helped the Baltimore Ravens win a Super Bowl XLVII his rookie season. He is the most accurate placekicker in NFL history. He holds the unique honor of being the first kicker in NFL history to score field goals from the 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60-yard range in one game. He also holds the NFL record for kicking the longest field goal (66 yards), which he set on 26th September 2021. His jersey number is 9 for his present team.
Justin Tucker sets NFL record with 66-yard FG to beat Lions
Justin Tucker set an NFL record in dramatic fashion Sunday afternoon (26th September 2021). The Baltimore Ravens kicker knocked home an NFL-best 66-yard field goal with three seconds left on the clock to beat the Detroit Lions, 19-17. The previous record for the longest FG in NFL history, set by Matt Prater in 2013, was 64 yards. "When it went off his foot, I thought it had a chance," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said after the game, per The Athletic, adding, "He's the best kicker in NFL history." Tucker's boot, from the left hashmark and the wrong side of the midfield logo at Ford Field, came at the end of a seven-play, 27-yard drive just over a minute with the Ravens down 17-16. Baltimore had been up for nearly the entirety of Sunday's proceedings, but lost the lead with 1:04 to go on a 35-yard Ryan Santoso field goal; the Ravens had been up by as much as 13 points over the lowly Lions (0-3). Tucker is considered the best kicker of his era and perhaps the most talented placekicker of all time, and his greatest in-game achievement, of what is now almost assuredly a Hall of Fame career.
What is Justin Tucker Famous For?
- Being an American NFL Footballer.
- For his position as a placekicker for the Baltimore Ravens.
Where is Justin Tucker From? Details About His Age, Family, Education
Justin Tucker took birth on 21st November 1989. His place of birth is in Houston, Texas, the USA. He holds American nationality and his ethnic background is American-White. His race is White. His birth name or real name is Justin Paul Tucker. He celebrated his 31st birthday as of 2020. Scorpio is his Zodiac sign as per his birthdate. By religion, he is a devout Catholic and he makes the sign of the cross before every kick. He recently, Tucker sang "Ave Maria" for a Catholic Charities benefit concert with the Concert Artists of Baltimore. Moreover, he is also a classically trained bass-baritone, and in the past has been asked by both the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and New York Opera for performances, although was unable to comply. About his parents, he was born to his father, Paul, and his mother, Michelle Tucker. He also has two siblings; sisters namely Samantha and Nicole.
About his educational background, Justin attended Westlake High School in Austin, Texas. At Westlake, he was a teammate of Nick Foles, the current quarterback of the Chicago Bears. He also played in the 2008 U.S. Army All-American Bowl. Then, he played college football for the University of Texas in 2012 where he played for the Texas Longhorns football team. While attending the University of Texas, Tucker majored in Music with a degree path in Recording Technologies.
Justin Tucker Career Timeline
- Justin Tucker was signed by the Baltimore Ravens on 29th May 2012. He was also named the started due to his attractive performance.
- He proved to be an accurate kicker as he made all 42 of his PAT attempts where he missed only three out of his 35 field goals during his debut season.
- He kicked a game-winning field goal against the New England Patriots in Week 3.
- On 12th January 2013, during the divisional playoff round game against the Denver Broncos, he kicked a 47-yard field goal in double overtime to win the game (later known as the Mile High Miracle) and sent the Ravens to the AFC championship for the second consecutive year.
- He then earned his very first Super Bowl ring due to his two fourth-quarter field goals in the second quarter of Super Bowl XLVII against the San Francisco 49ers.
- During Week 2, he kicked the game-winning field goal against Cincinnati Bengals. Additionally, he was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Month for November.
- He also kicked five field goals against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thanksgiving day.
- In his 2013 season, he kicked a franchise record-tying six field goals that were the Ravens' only points in an 18–16 win against the Detroit Lions in a Monday Night Football game at Ford Field in Detroit on December 16, including a personal (and franchise) record 61-yard field goal in the last minute to seal the victory.
- During the game, he became the first kicker in NFL history to kick a field goal in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s in the same game.
- His 61-yard field goal also set the NFL record for the longest field goal in a domed stadium.
- Moreover, he was elected to his first Pro Bowl to end the 2013 season.
- The Raven then placed the franchise tag on Tucker on 26th February 2016. He then signed with the team on 4th March 2016 which would pay him $4.5 Million as he signed a four-year, 16.8 million extension on 15th July 2016.
- He kicked four field goals, three for over 50 yards in a 19-14 win against Cincinnati Bengals in Week 12, earning him AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
- He was named to his second Pro Bowl, as a result of his successful 2016 season and was named First-team All-Pro for the second time in his career.
- In his 2017 season, he converted 34 of 37 field goals and was a perfect 39-for-39 on extra points. In addition, he was named second-team All-Pro for the 2017 season.
- He then made two 50+ yard field goals in his 2018 season of Week 13 winning over the Denver Broncos in a 27-14 win earning him AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
- In Week 17, he converted all four field goals and two extra-point attempts in a 26-24 win over the Cleveland Browns, earning him AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
- Not only this but also he became the first player in NFL history with six seasons of 30 or more made field goals.
- On 24th April 2019, he signed a four-year, $23.05 million contract extension with $12 million guaranteed, keeping him under contract through the 2023 season.
- In Week 5 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, he hit all four field goals, including a game-tying 48-yarder and a 46-yard game-winner in overtime, earning him AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
- He made three field goals and two extra points en route to another AFC special teams player of the week against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- He made a 49-yard game-winning field goal in the 20-17 victory in a game against the San Francisco 49ers on 1st December.
- He kicked a game-winning 55-yard field goal with two seconds remaining as the Ravens won 47-42 against the Cleveland Browns in a Week 14 Monday Night Football game.
- On 26th September 2021, he kicked an NFL record 66-yard game-winning field goal as time expired in regulation in a 19–17 win over the Detroit Lions.
NFL Career Stats 2020
- Field goals made: 291
- Field goals attempted: 321
- Field goal %: 90.7
- Longest field goal: 66
- Touchbacks: 501
Awards and Achievements
- Super Bowl champion (XLVII)
- 4× First-team All-Pro (2013, 2016, 2018, 2019)
- 2× Second-team All-Pro (2017, 2020)
- 4× Pro Bowl (2013, 2016, 2019, 2020)
- Unanimous NFL 2010s All-Decade Team
- Most accurate kicker in NFL history (90.7%)
- Longest successful field goal in NFL history (66 yds)
Who is Justin Tucker married to?
Justin Tucker is a married man. He tied the knot to his beautiful wife whose name goes by Amanda Bass. Their wedding date is March 2015. The duo is also blessed with the first child named Easton who was born on 10th May 2016. As of today, the happily married couple is enjoying their present life in Maryland, the USA. He is straight as per his sexual orientation.
What is Justin Tucker Annual Salary and Net Worth?
Justin Tucker is a professional NFL player whose net worth is $25 Million as of 2021. His present annual salary is $3,500,000, including a $1,600,000 signing bonus. Previously in 2015, he was contracted by Royal Farms to sing in their line of commercials. His major source of wealth comes from the sports industry and he is satisfied with her earnings. He is living a lavish lifestyle as of today.
How tall is Justin Tucker?
Justin Tucker is a handsome man with a charming personality. He stands tall at the perfect height of 6 ft 1 in or 1.85 m. His balanced weight consists of 183 lbs or 83 KG. His body type is athletic. His other body measurements detail is unavailable at a moment. Overall, he has got a healthy body with cool attitude. His eye color is pale green and his hair color is black-brown.
Trivias About Justin Tucker You Need To Know.
- His real name is Justin Paul Tucker.
- Scorpio is his Zodiac sign.
- He recently, Tucker sang "Ave Maria" for a Catholic Charities benefit concert with the Concert Artists of Baltimore.
- He is also a classically trained bass-baritone, and in the past has been asked by both the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and New York Opera for performances, although was unable to comply.
- At Westlake, he was a teammate of Nick Foles, the current quarterback of the Chicago Bears.
- At present, he is playing for the Baltimore Ravens.