K. Michelle - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Boyfriend, Real Name, Nationality, Age, Ethnicity, Family, Awards, Height, Parents, Facts, Wiki, Albums, Career
American singer, songwriter, and television personality is named for K. Michelle who rose to fame after appearing as a regular cast member of VH1's TV series "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" for two seasons. She got her first big breakthrough with the success of her single, "Fakin It". She started her music career in 2009 after having signed a record deal with Jive Records. Signing with Atlantic Records, she released her debut studio album, "Rebellious Soul" which debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200, and number one on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts. Her second studio album "Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart?" was released on 9th December 2014. The album sold 87,000 copies in its first week in sales. Her third studio album, "More Issues Than Vogue" was released in March 2016. Her fourth album, "Kimberly: The People I Used to Know" was released on 8th December 2017. Her fifth studio album, "All Monsters Are Human" was released on January 31, 2020. The album was preceded by two singles "Supahood" and "The Rain". While growing up, she took piano and guitar lessons. She also took formal voice lessons from Bob Westbrook, who has also trained popular singers such as Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. As an actress, she has also starred in reality series "Love & Hip Hop: New York", "K. Michelle: My Life" and "Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood" (under the name Kimberly), as well as in her own special, "The Rebellious Soul Musical", directed by Golden Globe winner Idris Elba. She made her first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, "The Mo’Nique Show" in November 2010. She won a Soul Train Music Award and an NAACP Image Award in 2013 and 2014. She was also honored with an ASCAP Women Behind the Music award in 2015. She is also active in social media sites having more than 6.9 followers on her Instagram account @kmichellemusic, more than 1.6 million followers on her Twitter account @kmichelle, and more than 5.7 million followers on her Facebook account 'K. Michelle'.
- Being an American singer, songwriter, and television personality.
- For her studio album, "Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart?" which went on to sell over 87,000 units within a week of release. The Billboard recognized it as the best-selling R&B album of 2014.
- For her album, "More Issues Than Vogue", which made its debut on Billboard 200 on the 2nd spot.
- For appearing in reality TV shows such as "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" and "K. Michelle: My Life".
What is the Ethnicity of K. Michelle?
K. Michelle was born on 4th March 1985 and her birthplace is in Memphis, Tennessee, the United States of America. Her real name is Kimberly Michelle Pate. She is American by nationality and her ethnicity is American-African making her the race of black. About her parents, K. Michelle has not stated anything. However, the only thing known about her family is that she has a sibling, a younger sister named Shalah Pate. Her horoscope sign is Pisces and her religion is Christian. She credits her faith for everything she has achieved in life. In fact, she carries a Bible in her purse.
For her education, Michelle attended & graduated from Overton High School in Memphis in 2000. Then, she earned a music scholarship at Florida A&M University (FAMU). She completed her university studies with honors and had admission offers from top law schools but she decided to focus on her music.
How was the Career of K. Michelle?
- After signing a deal with Jive Records, K. Michelle released her first R&B-charting single, "Fakin' It", featuring Missy Elliot which peaked at number 100 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.
- She then released three follow-up singles, "Fallin'", "I Just Can't Do This" and "How Many Times" in 2010. During the time, she was in the process of recording her debut album, originally titled "Pain Medicine".
- Whereas, her album was scrapped when Jive Records folded in 2011.
- Then, she joined the cast of VH1's docu-soap Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta in 2012.
- She later signed with Atlantic Records after filming and started recording her debut studio album, "Rebellious Soul".
- She released the album's lead single, titled "V.S.O.P" on 20th May 2013 reaching number 89 on the US Hot 100 Singles and number 27 on the US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts.
- Michelle's debut album "Rebellious Soul" was released on 13trh August 2013, debuting at number 2 on the US Billboard 200 and number one on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts, with first-week sales of 72,000 copies in the United States.
- She headlined her first tour, The Rebellious Soul Tour on 4th November 2013.
- On 14th January 2014, the album's second single "Can't Raise a Man" was released.
- After then, she joined the cast of Love & Hip Hop: New York in season four. Her purpose on Love & Hop: New York was mainly served to set up her own spin-off series, K. Michelle: My Life, which premiered on 3rd November 2014. On 6th February 2017, "K. Michelle: My Life" ended after three seasons.
- She released a mixtape project titled "Still No Fucks Given" on 14th February 2014.
- She released "Love 'Em All" on 16th September 2014 on iTunes as the first single from her second album "Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart?". On 17th November 2014, she released "How Do You Know?" as her third single from the album.
- Her second studio album "Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart?" was released through Atlantic Records on 9th December 2014. The album debuted at number four on the Billboard 200 chart, number one on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop chart, and number one on the R&B chart, selling 87,000 copies in the first week of its release.
- After that, she released the single "Not a Little Bit" from her third studio album More Issues Than Vogue on 21st January 2016.
- She then toured for a month from July 14, 2016, to August 14, 2016, for her "Hello Kimberly Tour".
- She has also released "Forward", from the soundtrack to the film "The Birth of a Nation".
- Furthermore, she released the single "Got Me Crazy" on 3rd February 2017.
- She later released two singles from her fourth album Kimberly: The People I Used to Know, "Birthday" and "Either Way" featuring Christ Brown. Her fourth album was released on 7th December 2017 via Atlantic Records.
- She joined the cast of Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood in season five in 2018.
- She later announced that her next project will be titled FAB, an acronym for "Fuck All U Bitches".
- Then, she signed a new record deal with Entertainment One Music.
- In November 2019, during one of her O.S.D. Tour stops, she announced the title of her fifth album, "All Monsters Are Human", set to be released in January 2020.
- She released her sixth mixtape "Not 1 Fuck Given" on 1st January 2020.
- Her fifth album entitled "All Monsters Are Human" was released to positive critical reviews on 31st January 2020.
- The album debuted and peaked at number 51 on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 8,200 copies.
K. Michelle Tour
- Rebellious Soul Tour (2013)
- My Twisted Mind Tour (2015)
- Hello Kimberly Tour (2016)
- The People I Used to Know Tour (2018)
- O.S.D. Tour (2019)
- Ladies Make Some Noise Tour (supporting R. Kelly) (2009)
- Blurred Lines Tour (supporting Robin Thicke) (2014)
Awards and Achievements
- BET Awards Nominated for Best Female R&B/Pop Artist in 2016, Centric Award in 2016, Best Female R&B/Pop Artist in 2015, and Best Female R&B/Pop Artist in 2014 for Herself
- NAACP Image Awards Won for Outstanding New Artist for her Herself in 2014
- Soul Train Music Awards Won for Best New Artist for Herself in 2013
Who is K. Michelle Dating?
K. Michelle is not married yet but she is currently in a relationship. She is dating her handsome boyfriend, Kastan Sims. The duo is living a happy life as of now. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Back to K. Michelle's past affairs, she firstly dated a guy named Brian while she was studying in university. She even got pregnant during the course of their relationship and had to suspend her studies to give birth to her son, Chase in September 2004. Later, they split and Brian got married to Michelle's sorority sister. She then dated a former NFL player, Chad Johnson. There were also rumors of her having affair with rapper and actor, Shad Moss. She also had a relationship with Mickey Wright from 20008 to 2009. In the year 2012, she dated Ryan Lochte and J.R. Smith. After a year, she dated basketball players Lance Stephenson and R. Kelly. After then, she started going out with English actor Idris Elba at the end of 2013. Rumors rose about her being involved with rapper Meek Mill while he was lending some helping hand for her album, "Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart?" in 2014. Likewise, she had a short-lived relationship with NFL player, Chris Johnson in 2014. She also started dating basketball star, Bobby Maze in the same year. During the course of their relationship, she even got pregnant with the player's baby but she decided to undergo an abortion. In the summer of 2016, she had a very short-lived relationship with NFL star, LeSean McCoy. Later, they ended their relationship. In her interview with Hollywood Unlocked in August 2018, she insulted him by claiming that he had very small manhood and didn’t last long in the bed as well.
What is the Net Worth of K. Michelle?
K. Michelle is a very successful and talented rapper, R&B recording artist, pianist, guitarist, songwriter, and reality TV personality who has accumulated a huge amount of money. Her four albums are all hits and her album has sold over half a million copies. As of 2021, the net worth of K. Michelle is estimated to have $15 Million. Her salary is more than $1 Million annually. Her luxury includes a mansion in ATL worth around $2 million and she also owns a Porsche. What's more, she has also opened her own restaurant in Georgia called Puff & Petals. Her source of earnings comes from her songs, albums, sponsorship, advertisements, and endorsements. She has used her social media popularity to earn lucrative endorsement deals. She has promoted the following products and brands through her social media posts Jack Daniel's, Fashion Nova, D Hair Boutique, Sea Lily Malibu, Jessica Rich Collection. As part of her endorsement deal with Jack Daniel’s, she has received rights to create her own signature drink. She is living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is K. Michelle?
With a Voluptuous body build, K. Michelle has a height of 5 ft 1 in or 155 cm. Her weight consists of 55 Kg or 121 lbs. Her body measurement is 35-25-40 inches. She has brown eyes and black-colored hair. She likes experimenting with other hair colors such as 'Red' and 'Auburn'. She has a Curvaceous body figure. She has also inked tattoos. She has also gone through some plastic surgeries procedure. K. Michelle has found herself trending on Twitter. In a post on the app from Wednesday, the singer and reality star posted a picture of her new look, including brand new pink hair and to some, an unrecognizable face. She shared in the picture, "Y'all got your summer styles together? Today you can call me Pinky," along with a brand new selfie. Tweets started flooding in on Wednesday after the singer shared the post. While many confirm she looks beautiful in the picture, most users are just confused as to how different she seems to look to them. One Twitter user wrote in a tweet, "K Michelle looks great she just don’t look like K Michelle." Another user seemed to share similar sentiments, writing in the tweet, "Y'all really expect me to believe that’s K. Michelle…?"
Trivias About K. Michelle You Need To Know.
- K. Michelle's real name is Kimberly Michelle Pate.
- She rose to fame after appearing as a regular cast member of VH1's TV series "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" for two seasons.
- She got her first big breakthrough with the success of her single, "Fakin It".
- She started her music career in 2009 after having signed a record deal with Jive Records.
- Signing with Atlantic Records, she released her debut studio album, "Rebellious Soul" which debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200, and number one on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts.