Kadeena Cox - Bio, Net Worth, Partner, Disability, Parents, Family, Siblings, Married, Husband, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Facts, Awards, Medals
Kadeena Cox is a TV presenter and British parasport athlete who competes in T38 para-athletics sprint events and C4 para-cycling events. Kadeena has won world titles in the T37 100m and C4 500m time trial respectively at the 2016 UCI Para-cycling Track World Championships. She became the first British Paralympian to win golds in multiple sports at the same Games since Isabel Barr at the 1984 Summer Paralympics after winning a gold medal in the Women's C4-5 cycling time trial and another gold in the T38 400m sprint. Besides, the athlete is also active in the social media platform with around 18.9k followers on her verified Instagram account: @kad21, around 13.7k followers on her verified Twitter account: @kad_c, and has over 92k followers on her Tik Tok account: @kadcoxofficial.
What is Kadeena Cox famous for?
- Famous as a TV presenter and British parasport athlete
Where is Kadeena Cox from?
Kadeena Cox was born on 10 March 1991 in Leeds, England. Her birth name is Kadeena Cox. She holds British nationality. Her ethnicity is African-American while Pisces is her zodiac sign. Her parents are natives of Jamaica who immigrated to the United Kingdom.
Kadeena was raised in Chapeltown, Leeds alongside her sister. She did her schooling at Bracken Edge Primary. Then, she joined Wetherby High School following which she attended Manchester Metropolitan University to study physiotherapy. When she was 15, she started trying different sports after being suggested by her hockey coach to do so.
The Paralympian: Kadeena Cox's Disability
- Kadeena Cox has the disability of multiple sclerosis. It is an autoimmune disorder that attacks the central nervous system (CNS). It mainly affects the brain and spinal cord, leading to issues in arm or leg movement, balance, and vision.
- The Paralympian became diagnosed with the disability nearly 6 years ago. She was transported to the hospital on May 18, 2014, after experiencing strange symptoms. Her doctors diagnosed her with a stroke at the time. Cox recovered from his condition and returned to normal health after only two months of physiotherapy. The runner began to experience burning feelings in her right arm on September 15, the same year. The numbness spread to her legs later, raising fears of a second stroke. After several tests, she was confirmed to be diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
However, this disability couldn't stop athletes from winning gold medals and setting new records.
Kadeena Cox Career: Highlights
- Kadeena Cox started her career as an athlete by competing at regional under-17 where she got several top finishes in the 100m events.
- She won the bronze medal at both the England Athletics Open Championships in the 60m and the Manchester Open in the 200m in 2007.
- In the year 2012, she set a new personal best in the 200m at the BUCS Championships held in the Olympic Park, finishing in third place.
- A year later, she recorded a time of 11.97 after breaking the 12-second barrier in the 100m at the Northern Athletics Championships.
- Following her disability, she was categorized as a T37 track and field athlete to continue her sprinting career, as well as a C2 track cyclist, to compete in the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Rio.
- She competed in the T37 100m and 200m sprints at the 2015 IPC Athletics World Championships in Doha after being selected for the Great Britain athletics team. Her final event of the competition, the T37 200m sprint, was marred by controversy after she was disqualified for missing registration by a minute.
- Kadeena won gold in the T38 400m, silver in the T35-38 4x100m relay, and bronze in the T38 100m at the Rio Olympics.
- Following that, she was chosen to be the flag-bearer for the British team during the closing ceremony.
- She also finished 4th with a time of 1:01.16, her season-best at the delayed 2020 Summer Paralympics in Tokyo.
- As a para-cyclist, she won the gold medal in the C1-5 Mixed Gender Sprint Time Trial at the British National Track Championships in September 2015.
- In March 2016, she competed at the UCI Para-cycling Track World Championships in Montichiari, winning a gold medal in the 500m time trial with a world record of 37.456s.
- She currently competes in T38 para-athletics sprint events and C4 para-cycling events.
Kadeena Cox TV appearances
- Kadeena Cox has made her first TV appearance in December 2016 by appearing on the British television quiz show "Celebrity Mastermind".
- The same year, she won the second Celebrity Robot Wars 2016 episode with her collaboration with Ellis Ware.
- She competed in the British television winter sports show The Jump, however, her funding was cut off while she was on the show due to the high amount of injuries that athletes face in 2017.
- In April 2018, she participated in "The Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off on Channel 4 in aid of Stand Up to Cancer".
She won the 16th series of BBC's Celebrity MasterChef in September 2021.
- Kadeena has been competing on the 21st series of the British survival reality television show "I',m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! which recently got aired on 21 November 2021.
Kadeena Cox Husband
Kadeena Cox has not been married yet. She has not revealed her personal life. The athlete seems to be much more focused on her career than her personal life.
She currently lives in London, England. Besides, she got appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2017 New Year Honours for services to athletics.
She also won the Sporting Equals Sportswoman of the Year at the Lycamobile British Ethnic Diversity Sports Awards (BEDSAs) held at the London Hilton on Park Lane in March 2017.
Kadeena Cox Net Worth
Kadeena Cox seems to have quite good earnings from her professional career as a TV presenter and British parasport athlete. She has come a long way becoming one of the top parasport athletes in the world, winning several medals, and setting new records.
Her source of income includes her athletic events and TV appearances. Including all of her earnings, she has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million as of 2021.
Kadeena Cox Height
Kadeena Cox is a gorgeous lady in her early 30s with a well-maintained athletic body. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 7inches(1.7m) and weighs around 60kg(132 lbs). Her eye color is brown and her hair color is black.
Trivias About Kadeena Cox You Need To Know.
- Kadeena Cox won the Sporting Equals Sportswoman of the Year at the Lycamobile British Ethnic Diversity Sports Awards (BEDSAs) held at the London Hilton on Park Lane in March 2017.
- She got appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2017 New Year Honours for services to athletics.
- She won the 16th series of BBC's Celebrity MasterChef in September 2021.
- She has the disability of multiple sclerosis.