Kalidou Koulibaly Bio, Net Worth, Age, Current Team, Stats, Contract, Transfer, Injury, Salary, Married, Wife, Children, Height, Parent, Facts, Wiki
A France-Senegalese professional footballer who is currently playing as center-back for Serie A club Napoli is named for Kalidou Koulibaly. Moreover, he is the vice-captain of Napoli. Starting his football career from the French team Metz in 2010, before moving to Belgian club Genk in 2012, winning the Belgian Cup in his first season; he joined Italian team Napoli in 2014, where he immediately won the Supercoppa Italiana title. As he was born in France to Senegalese parents, he was eligible to represent both nations at the international level, and initially played for the France national under-20 football team. He later made his senior debut with Senegal in 2015 and was a member of the Senegal squad that took part in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations. He was named to the side that represented Senegal at the 2018 FIFA World Cup the following year and subsequently helped his team to the final of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. By the end of the 2018-2019 season, he had made forty-eight appearances and scored two goals in all competitions for his present team, Napoli. He is considered to be one of the best and most complete defenders in world football in the media, his ability, playing style, tall stature, and imposing physique has earned him the nicknames K2 and The Wall from his fans. Scroll more to know more about his biography, facts, career stats, awards, net worth, wife, children, birthday, family details, and more.
Manchester United Have Made A '£71 Million' Offer For Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly
Manchester United have reportedly made a £71 million offer for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly - but the Italian side is holding out for £89 million. Sky Sports Italia has reported that United have launched a bid for the 28-year-old while Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain are also in pursuit of his signature. Napoli is said to have rejected a bid in excess of over £100 million for Koulibaly last summer but their valuation has dropped considerably since then. United would pair Koulibaly with club captain Harry Maguire, who the Red Devils made the most expensive defender in the world when they paid £80 million last year.
- Being a professional footballer who plays for the team, Napoli.
- For his aerial prowess, anticipation, positioning, tackling, character, technique, and passing ability as a defender.
What is the Nationality of Kalidou Koulibaly?
Kalidou Koulibaly was born on 20th June 1991 in Saint-Die-des-Vosges, France, to Senegalese parents. By nationality, he is both French and Senegalese and ethnicity wise, he belongs to African. His race is black. His star sign is Gemini. His father worked in a textile mill in Senegal for seven days a week and never took weekends off for five years before he saved enough money to bring his mother to France whereas his mother worked as a cleaner. Details about his parent's names are unknown. He also has siblings named Seodou, his brother. As per his education, he attended Auriol Elementary School/ At an early age of eight, he began footballing with Saint-Die. After spending four years, he switched to Metz and then again returned to his previous club in 2006. In 2009, Koulibaly rejoined Metz. He is a Muslim by religion and he states that his name derived from the Quran. As of 2019, he celebrated his 28th birthday with his family and wife.
For which club, Kalidou Koulibaly is playing for?
- Kalidou started his career playing for his hometown club SR Saint-Die's youth team; he spent two seasons playing for the club's senior team in the Championnat de France Amateur 2, before joining the youth academy of professional club Metz on 1st July 2009.
- He helped the club's under-19 team win the 2009-2010 Coupe Gambardella after the team defeated Sochaux 5-4 on penalties in the final at Metz.
- He also played for the club's amateur team in the Championnat de France Amateur appearing in 15 matches as Metz were crowned champions of the league finishing with 107 points.
- He signed his first professional contract agreeing to a one-year deal with Metz.
- He was promoted to the senior team by new manager Dominique Bijotat and he made his professional debut on 20 August 2010 in a league match against Vannes. He appeared as a substitute in a 1-0 victory.
- On 15th April 2011, he scored his first goal for FC Metz, as they drew 3-3 against Clermont and signed a three-year contract extension on 18th April 2011 with the club, keeping him until 2014.
- He went on to make nineteen appearances and scoring once in all competitions at the end of the 2010-2011 season.
- At the start of the 2011-2012 season, Koulibaly missed the first five league matches of the season, due to international commitment.
- His first appearance of the 2011-2012 season came on 9th September 2011, coming as a substitute in the 60th minutes, in a 2-2 draw against Stade Lavallois.
- He served a two-match suspension after being sent-off for unprofessional conduct on Guillaume Moullec, as FC Metz lost 1-0 on 30 September 2011 and returned to the first team and then captained the side for the first time on 2 December 2011, in a 2-0 win over AS Monaco.
- At the end of the 2011-12 season, Koulibaly went on to make twenty-three appearances in all competitions, including 10 alongside his future international teammate Sadio Mane.
- He joined Belgian club Genk on 29th June 2012 after agreeing a four-year contract.
- He made his Genk debut in a UEFA Europa League play-off qualifying round, in which they were defeated by Swiss team Luzern 2-1 in the first leg of two on 23rd August 2012.
- On 23 December 2012, Koulibaly scored his first Racing Genk goal in a 4-2 home defeat to Anderlecht.
- He later helped Genk win the 2012-13 Belgian Cup after starting the whole game to beat Cercle Brugge.
- At the end of the 2012-13 season, he went on to make forty-six appearances and scoring once in all competitions.
- He then scored two goals in two matches between 6th October 2013 and 19th October 2013.
- On 19th January 2014, he returned to the starting lineup from injury, starting the whole game, in a 1-0 loss against Zulte Waregem.
- Despite this, he went on to make forty-six appearances and scored two times in all competitions.
- He joined Serie A club S.S.C. Napoli on 2nd July 2014 on a five-year contract, for a fee around the margin of £6.5 million and made his debut on 19 August 2014 in a UEFA Champions League play-off round qualifier, in which Napoli drew 1-1 with Athletic Bilbao.
- He made his Serie A debut in the opening game of the season against Genoa, playing the whole match as Napoli won 2-1 where he scored his first goal for the side on 24 September in a 3-3 draw with Palermo.
- In the 2014 Supercoppa Italiana against Juventus in Doha, Qatar, on 22 December, he scored the winning penalty in the shootout to secure Napoli victory.
- He was linked with a move to Premier League side Southampton, but he eventually stayed at the club in the 2015-16 season.
- During a 2-0 win over Lazio on 3 February 2016, he was subjected to racist abuse from Lazio supporters, prompting referee Massimiliano Irrati to suspend the match temporally; Koulibaly later reflected on this as "the first time that he really experienced any racism in football".
- He made forty-two appearances in the 2015-16 season in all competitions.
- He continued to be a regular starter for Napoli under coach Maurizio Sarri and helped the side start the season well, earning four wins from their first six league matches in the 2016-2017 season.
- He signed a five-year contract with the club, keeping him at Napoli until 2021 on 19th September 2016.
- After spending two months away from Napoli's first team, due to both injury and international commitment, he made his return to the starting lineup, playing the full 90 minutes, in a 2-0 win over Genoa on 10th February 2017 and regained his first-team place for the side towards the end of the 2016-17 season.
- By the end of the 2016-17 season, he had made thirty-eight appearances and scored two times in all competitions.
- He played an integral role as Napoli won their first eight matches of the Serie A campaign in 2017-18 season where he scored two goals for the side, netting against Lazio and Cagliari on 20 September and 1st October 2017 respectively.
- He continued to closely challenge for the 2017-18 Serie A title.
- On 22nd April 2018, he scored a 90th-minute header against league leaders Juventus at the Allianz Stadium to seal a 1-0 win for the visitors and move Napoli within one point of Juventus with four games remaining.
- By the end of the 2017-18 season, he had made forty-five appearances and scored five times in all competitions, his highest-scoring season for the club.
- At the start of the 2018-19 season, he signed a contract extension with Napoli, keeping him at the club until 2023.
- He then captained Napoli for the first time in his career, helping the side beat Cagliari 1-0 on 16 December 2018.
- He received two yellow cards in quick succession for a foul and for sarcastically applauding the referee and was sent off, as Napoli lost 1-0 to Inter Milan at the San Siro on 26th December 2018.
- According to Ancelotti, Koulibaly was the target of racist chants from the Inter fans and his team asked for the match to be suspended three times.
- Posting on social media after the match, he wrote, "I'm sorry about the defeat and especially to have let my brothers down. But I'm proud of the color of my skin. To be French, Senegalese, Neapolitan, and a man."
- On 12th April 2019, he was involved in another racial incident, after reportedly suffering racist abuse from an Arsenal fan during a Europa League match between the two teams.
- Two days later on 14th April 2019, he scored twice for the side, in a 3-1 win over Chievo.
- By the end of the 2018-19 season, he had made forty-eight appearances and scored two goals in all competitions.
How was the International Career of Kalidou Koulibaly?
- Kalidou played for the French under-20 team starting in 2011 and played six times during the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia.
- In early September 2015, he changed federations and joined the Senegal national football team, despite the interest to call him for Les Bleus from Didier Deschamps.
- He made his debut on 5th September 2015 in an AFCON qualifier against Namibia in a 2-0 victory.
- He was also a member of the Senegal squad that took part in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
- In May 2018, he was named in Senegal's 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- He played all three matches, as Senegal was knocked out in the group stage of the tournament after becoming the first team in FIFA World Cup history to be eliminated due to fair play tiebreaker rules.
Awards and Achievements of Kalidou Koulibaly
Kalidou Koulibaly is an award-winning footballer. He once again finished the season as runners-up to Juventus, with Koulibaly earning the inaugural Serie A Best Defender award for the season.
Who is Kalidou Koulibaly married to?
Kalidou Koulibaly is a married man. He was happily married to his beautiful wife; French Charline Oudenot. The couple dated each other since childhood and tied the knot at an early age. They are also the proud parents of two kids/children; a baby boy named Seni who was born on 16th January 2016 and a daughter Ness on 28th August 2019. He often posts adorable pictures with his son in his official Instagram account but has maintained his wife's identity in a low profile. As of now, the duo is enjoying their life a lot without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
During a 2-0 win over Lazio on 3 February 2016, he was subjected to racist abuse from Lazio supporters, prompting referee Massimiliano Irrati to suspend the match temporally; Koulibaly later reflected on this as "the first time that he really experienced any racism in football". After the match, Lazio would go on to be sanctioned €50,000 by the league for these racist chants and was ordered to play two home matches behind closed doors. In December 2018 during the match against Inter Milan at San Siro, he was targeted for racial abuse. Napoli coach Carlo Ancelotti asked the match official to suspend the game three times but was repeatedly ignored. He was sent off after receiving two yellow cards; first for a foul on Matteo Politano, the second was for sarcastically applauding the referee's decision. On 12th April 2019, he was involved in another racial incident, after reportedly suffering racist abuse from an Arsenal fan during a Europa League match between the two teams.
What is the Net Worth of Kalidou Koulibaly?
Kalidou Koulibaly is a professional footballer. With his football career, he has accumulated a huge amount of money until now. His net worth as of 2020 is estimated to have $10 Million. His weekly wage is reported to be €125,000 and earns €6.5 million in a year. At present, his current market value is recorded at $58.58 million. He joined Napoli on a five-year contract, for a fee around the margin of £6.5 million. Previously, he received $2.34 million per annum as his salary from his present club, Napoli while the highest-paid player in the team Lorenzo Insigne earned €3.6 million in a year in 2018. Besides this, he also earns a decent amount of money from sponsorship, salary from the national team, endorsement deals with various brands including Nike, and more. Details about his cars and houses is unknown at present. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Kalidou Koulibaly?
Kalidou Koulibaly is a very handsome player and a smart man. His body build is athletic. He maintains his body a lot doing frequent exercise. He has got a tall height of 1.87 m with a balanced body weight of 89 Kg. Whereas his other body measurements such as chest size, waist size, biceps size, dress size, shoe size are unknown at present. His eye color is black and he has a very short hair of black color. Overall, he has got a healthy body with charming smile and attractive attitude.
Did You Know?
- He is the vice-captain of Napoli.
- He was happily married to Charline Oudenot.
- He is a Muslim by religion and he states that his name derived from the Quran.
- He also has a siblings named Seodou, his brother.