Karl-Anthony Towns Bio, Net Worth, Mother, NBA, Current Team, Contract, Stats, Injury, Trade, Salary, Dating, Height, Parent, Age, Facts, Wiki, News
Karl-Anthony Towns is a Dominican-American professional basketball player. As of now, he is playing for the Minnesota Timberwolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Previously, he played college basketball for the Kentucky Wildcat. He was also named to the Dominican Republic national team as a 16-year-old. He went on to be named NBA Rookie of the Year for the 2015-2016 season. He has received two All-Star selections. Overall, he is a very talented basketball player.
Karl-Anthony Towns says his mother is in a medically-induced coma after experiencing coronavirus symptoms
In an emotional video posted to his Instagram page on Tuesday night, Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns said that his mother, Jacqueline Cruz, is in a medically-induced coma after falling ill with coronavirus symptoms. The Timberwolves big man said both his mother and father, Karl-Anthony Towns Sr., fell ill last week. After seeking medical attention and getting tested for coronavirus, Towns' father felt better and was discharged. However, his mother's condition worsened to the point where doctors put her on a ventilator before placing her into a coma. Towns noted that neither parent has received the results of their COVID-19 test yet. "She just wasn't getting better," a visibly emotional Towns said. "Her fever wasn't cutting from 103. It'd maybe go down to 101.9 with the meds then immediately spike back up during the night. She was very uncomfortable. Her lungs were getting worse, the cough was getting worse. She was deteriorating in front of our eyes. "Her lungs were getting worse and she was having trouble breathing," Towns added. Towns recently donated $100,000 to the Mayo Clinic in an effort to help to fund for coronavirus testing before his mother got sick. "My mother, she's the strongest woman I know and I know she'll beat this," Towns said. "This disease needs not to be taken lightly," Towns said of COVID-19.
What is the birthplace of Karl-Anthony Towns?
Karl-Anthony Towns was born on 15th November 1995, in Edison, New Jersey, the USA. He is an American by nationality and he is of African-American and Dominican ethnicity. He was born to African-American father, Karl Towns Sr and a Dominican, mother Jacqueline Cruz. He grew up in Piscataway, New Jersey with his family. His father played basketball at Monmouth University and coached basketball at Piscataway Technical High School. He attended the Lake Nelson Seventh-Day Adventist School. After that, he enrolled at Our Lady of Fatima School and later transferred to Theodore Schor Middle School in 2009. He was influenced by his father and had a dream of pursuing his career as a professional basketball player since he was a child. His religion is Chrisitan.
How Karl-Anthony Towns Pursue Basketball Career?
- Karl-Anthony Towns started his basketball career as a freshman at St. Joseph High School where he led the school’s basketball team to a state championship in the year 2012.
- He was ranked at the top position in the ESPN 25 national ranking of high school players in the year 2012.
- He also led his team to state titles in 2013 and 2014.
- He began his professional career on 25th June 2015 where he was selected by the Minnesota Timberwolves with the first overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft.
- He made his NBA debut in the Timberwolves season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers on October 28.
- He was named NBA Rookie of the Year in 2016.
- He made NBA history in 2016-2017 by becoming the only player to have at least 2,000 points (2,061), 1,000 rebounds (1,007) and 100 3-pointers (101) in a season.
- He had 26 points and 16 rebounds for Minnesota on the night he turned 22, helping the Timberwolves end a 12-game losing streak to the San Antonio Spurs with a 98-86 victory on 15th November 2017.
- On 23rd January 2018, he was named a Western Conference All-Star reserve.
- On 23rd September 2018, he signed a five-year, $190 million super-maximum extension with the Timberwolves.
- He missed the first game of his career on February 22 against the New York Knicks after being placed in the concussion protocol following a car accident in Minnesota.
- On March 23, he had 33 points and 23 rebounds in a 112-99 win over the Grizzlies.
Who is Karl-Anthony Towns Dating?
Karl-Anthony Towns is an unmarried man but he is currently dating a beautiful Instagram model Kawahine Andrade. There is no information about their dating history such as how the duo met and more. It seems like they have been together for a long time. They are often spotted in public places as well. Their relationship is still going very well and they are enjoying their life a lot without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Karl-Anthony Towns?
Karl-Anthony Towns is a very successful basketball player with a net worth of $10 million as of 2020. He signed a five-year, $190 million super-maximum extension with the Timberwolves. For the 2018-19 season, his salary is $7,839,435. He will earn $27,250,000 for the 2019-20 NBA season, $29,430,000 for the 2020-21 NBA season, $31,610,000 for the 2021-22 NBA season, $33,790,000 for the 2022-23 NBA season and $35,970,000 for the 2023-24 season. He is projected to be the highest-paid player of the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2019-20. His agents are Mitch Nathan and Leon Rose. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings and he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.
How tall is Karl-Anthony Towns?
Karl-Anthony Towns is a very handsome basketball player with an athletic body build. He has a good height of 6 feet 10 inches with a bodyweight of 112 Kg. He has black hair color and his eyes are black. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality.
Did You Know?
- He is playing for the Minnesota Timberwolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- He was also named to the Dominican Republic national team as a 16-year-old.
- He went on to be named NBA Rookie of the Year for the 2015-2016 season.
- He has received two All-Star selections.