Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 05:23 pm
Facts About Kat Von D
|Celebrated Name||Kat Von D|
|Age||41 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Kat Von D|
|Birth Name||Katherine von Drachenberg|
|Place Of Birth||Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico|
|Famous For||Tattoo Artist,Television Personality|
|Spouse||Oliver Peck (M. 2003; Div. 2007) and Rafael Reyes (M. 2018 to Present)|
|Son||Leafar Von Drachenberg Reyes|
|Sisters||Karoline Von Drachenberg|
|Brothers||Michael Von Drachenberg|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Body Measurement||33-29-35 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||38B (US)|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Net Worth||$14 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry and Tattoos Career|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Kat Von D is a renowned Mexican-American tattoo artist who is recognized for crafting intricate and artistic designs, drawn from different cultures and influences she experienced during childhood. She is often heard crediting her grandmother for exposing her to art, be it learning the piano, listening to the classical compositions of Beethoven, or creating Latino-inspired tattoos.
After trying her luck at various tattoo shops, she found success and recognition at True Tattoo. And soon, she was one of the busiest tattoo artists in Los Angeles, even before she entered the notable Miami Ink. Besides, she opened her own Hollywood tattoo parlor, LA Ink, in Hollywood.
Apart from tattooing, she has displayed her talent in modeling and acting by playing cameo roles in films and television programs. To add to her ever-increasing career graph, she has launched her fashion brand and make-up line and runs an art gallery and boutique. Let's know more about the multi-talented tattoos artist and her struggles through this article.
What is Kat Von D famous for?
- An American tattoo artist, model, musician, author, entrepreneur, and television personality.
- Her work as a tattoo artist on the TLC reality television show LA Ink, which ran for four seasons.
- Her cosmetics and clothing line that launched in 2008 and 2011.
What is Kat Von D's real name?
Recalling her early life, Kat was born in Montemorelos, Nuevo León, Mexico. Her birth name is Katherine von Drachenberg and she is currently 37 years old. Her father’s name is René Drachenberg and her mother’s name is Sylvia Galeano. She has two siblings namely, Karoline Von Drachenberg and Michael Von Drachenberg.
She received classical training in piano when she was six years old, developing a liking for Ludwig van Beethoven’s masterpieces. She was influenced by punk rock bands to such an extent that she spent most of her time listening to Misfits and Ramones, at the tender age of 12. Her artistic craft soon came out when she picked up a tattoo machine and created a Misfits skull on her friend.
Further, She was Christian by religion and her birth sign is Pisces. She holds Mexican-American citizenship and mixed ( German- Spanish- Italian) ethnicity.
What is Kat Von D go for education?
Talking about her education history, she dropped out of school at 16 to work as a tattoo artist and was employed at a local professional shop, Sin City Tattoo, in 1998.
Is Kat Von D still tattooing?
- Talking about her profession, she spent time in various shops, such as Blue Bird Tattoo and Inflictions, gaining experience and polishing her talent.
- She then landed at True Tattoo, where she worked with Tim Hendricks, Clay Decker, and Chris Garver, who recommended her to try her luck at Miami Ink.
- She was hired at 305 Ink, Miami, as a replacement to injured Darren Brass in 2005. She worked for two seasons on Miami Ink, a reality television series on the TLC network, but her differences with owner Ami James forced her to leave.
- She returned to Los Angeles and opened her shop, High Voltage Tattoo in 2007. This helped her telecast her reality series LA Ink on TLC, which features tattoo stories of various clients.
- In 2008, she created her own cosmetics line named Kat Von D for Sephora, soon after which she launched an art gallery and boutique Wonderland Gallery, adjacent to High Voltage Tattoo in 2010.
- Besides this, She released her first book High Voltage Tattoo in January 2009, as a compilation of tattoos and artwork, with a foreword penned by Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx. The book was ranked #6 on the list of New York Times Best Sellers.
- Her second book The Tattoo Chronicles was out in October 2010 and was listed at #3 in The New York Times Hardcover Advice & Misc best-sellers.
- LA Ink ran for four seasons before ending in 2011, citing cancelation of the contract by TLC, although she claimed that she decided to not continue the show further. She is credited with the creation of the MusInk Tattoo Convention and Music Festival in Southern California in 2008.
- During the fall 2011 season, she started her clothing line named KVD Los Angeles and Kat Von D Los Angeles in Canada and the United States. She has made guest appearances on various chat shows and television series namely, Pimp My Ride (2004), Bam’s Unholy Union (2007), MADtv (2008), and I Love Jenni (2013).
- She has acted in a few movies, which include Bam Margera Presents: Where the Fuck Is Santa? (2008) and The Bleeding (2009).
- In 2016, she received Farm Sanctuary’s Compassion in Action Award for her work on behalf of animal rights.
- She makes guest appearances on three songs on the 2018 album Alive in New Light by IAMX. She also appeared on synth-wave band Gunship album Dark All Day in the song Black Blood, Red Kiss.
Who is Kat Von D married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Kat was married to the Mexican tattoo artist and author Rafael Reyes on 21st February 2018. The couple proud to be parents of a baby boy Leafar Von Drachenberg Reyes who was born in late 2018. The loving couple along with their son currently resides in Hollywood, California happily.
She previously married to her fellow artist named Oliver Peck in the year 2003. But due to some reason, the couple got separated in 2007 and a year later their divorce got finalized.
A year later in 2008, She started dating Nikki Sixx, a bassist of the band Motley Crue. They, however, ended their relationship in a few months. After separating from him, she began dating Jesse James in 2010. Unfortunately, the duo called off their affair in September 2011.
How much money is Kat Von D worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Kat earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through her profession as a reality television star, entrepreneur and tattoo artist. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be around $14 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Kat Von D?
Observing her body physics, Kat stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 134 lbs. She has a pair of brown eyes and black hair color. Similarly, she used to wear 38B (US) bra size and 9 (US) shoe size. Further, her body measures 33-29-35 inches.
Trivias About Kat Von D You Need To Know.
- She launched a make up line through Sephore in 2008.
- Her celebrity clientele includes Sebastian Bach, Eric Balfour, Ryan Dunn, Jenna Jameson, Nicole Richie, Travis Barker, Green Day, Mira Sorvino and Ville Valo among others.
- She became a proponent for animal rights.
- She is author as well. She wrote two books.
- She became a proponent for animal rights.