Kate Bosworth - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Age, Size, Facts, Career, Eyes
Kate Bosworth is an American actress and model. She rose to prominence after she played a young surfer in the 2002 hit film, Blue Crush. She is known for her role as Lois Lane in Superman Returns and KC in the Netflix series, The I-Land. She has starred in several other moves and tv shows. She is also a prominent model who has worked with several top fashion brands.
What is Kate Bosworth Famous For?
- Her role as a young surfer in the 2002 film, Blue Crush.
Where is Kate Bosworth From?
Kate Bosworth was born on 2 January 1983. Her birth name is Catherine Anne Bosworth. Her birth place is in Los Angeles, California in the United States. She holds American nationality. She was born to her father, Harold Bosworth, and her mother, Patricia Potter. She does not have siblings. Her home town is San Francisco, California. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn and her religion is Buddhism.
The family moved to various parts of the country due to her father's job. She spent her childhood in San Francisco, East Coast, and her youth in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Cohasset High School.
Kate Bosworth Career
- Kate Bosworth made her acting debut with a guest role in the drama series, 7th Heaven in 1997.
- She made her film debut with a minor role in the 1998 drama film, The Horse Whisperer.
- She moved to Los Angeles in 2001 to find better roles in films and tv shows.
- She made her breakthrough with the 2002 surfing movie, Blue Crush.
- She was nominated for two MTV Movie Awards including Best Breakthrough Female Performance for her role in Blue Crush.
- She was also nominated for Teen Choice Award for the same role.
- In the 2000s, she starred in films, The Newcomers, Remember the Titans, The Rules of Attraction, Wonderland, Advantage Hart, Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!, Beyond the Sea, Bee Season, Superman Returns, The Girl in the Park, and 21.
- She earned three Teen Choice Award nominations for the 2004 movie, Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!.
- For her role as reporter Lois Lane in Superman Returns, she earned nominations for Saturn Award, Razzie Award, and Teen Choice Award.
- In the 2010s, she starred in films, The Warrior's Way, Little Birds, Another Day, Life Happens, Straw Dogs, Black Rock, And While We Were Here, Big Sur, Movie 43, Homefront, Still Alice, Amnesiac, Life on the Line, 90 Minutes in Heaven, Heist, Before I Wake, The Domestics, and The Devil Has a Name.
- She starred as KC in the Netflix science fiction miniseries, The I-Land in 2019.
- In 2021, she starred as Greta Peterson in the thriller film, Wild Indian.
- She starred in the films, The Immaculate Room and Along for the Ride in 2022.
Who is Kate Bosworth Husband?
Kate Bosworth dated actor Orlando Bloom from 2002 to 2005. She then started dating director, Michael Polish in 2011. They got engaged in August 2012 and tied a knot to each other on 31 August 2013. The couple divorced in 2021. She started dating actor Justin Long.
What is Kate Bosworth Height?
Kate Bosworth stands at the height of 1.65 m i.e. 5 feet and 5 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 115 lbs i.e. 52 kg. She has a slim body build. Her body measurements are 33-23-34 inches. Her bra size is 32A. She has sectoral heterochromia. The bottom portion of her right eye is a hazel mixture of green, brown, and amber, different from her left eye. Her hair color is blonde. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Her dress size is 2 (US) and her shoe size is 8 (US).
What is Kate Bosworth Net Worth?
Kate Bosworth is a popular actress and model. She has starred in numerous movies and tv shows in her career spanning over two decades. Besides acting, she is also a busy model and has worked with several brands. She was named the new face for Calvin Klein Jeans in January 2008. She became the spokesperson for the American luxury bag brand, Coach in Asia. She sang a jingle for Cotton Incorporated's "Fabric of My Life" advertisement in 2011. She was the "secret" woman in the new Topshop Christmas Adverts in 2012. Bosworth designed a jewelry line with Cher Coutler and a friend. The line, JewelMint launched in 2010. She became the face of the skincare brand SK-II in 2012.
Summing up, Bosworth has made her fortune from her career in the entertainment industry. The majority of her income comes from acting and modeling. Her net worth is estimated at $12 million at present.
Trivias About Kate Bosworth You Need To Know.
- Her father is a former executive for Talbots.
- She was an equestrian champion at the age of 14.
- To prepare for her role in Blue Crush, she trained under two separate trainers seven hours a day for months.
- FHM ranked her at 60 in its "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" list.
- Maxim ranked her at No 38 and No 8 on the Hot 100 List in 2005 and 2006 respectively.
- She voiced Lois Lane in the Superman Returns video game.
- She enjoys running, and pilates, and often practices meditation.
- She is a member of Soka Gakkai International, an organization of Nichiren Buddhism and Mahayana Buddhism.
- She is a member of the Appalachia Service Project.
- She and her then-husband, Polish opened the Montana Institute of the Arts, a summer school for filmmaking students in 2018.
- She works with CAST, the Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking.
- For her activism works, People magazine included her in the list of 25 Women Changing the World in 2018.
- She speaks Spanish fluently.