Kate Siegel - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Family, Age, Nationality, Parents, Deaf, Career, Actress, Facts, Wiki, Height, Awards, Movies, Kids
Kate Siegel is an American actress and screenwriter who is well-known for starring in the horror film, "Hush"(2016) and later on Netflix's horror series, "The Haunting of Hill House"(2018), both of which were directed by her husband Mike Flanagan. Siegel made her acting debut with "The Curse of The Black Dahlia" in 2007 and has been active in the acting field for over 13 years now appearing in over 17 films and 10 series.
She also had voice acted on the horror podcasts, "Calling Darkness" and "The NoSleep Podcast". Siegel currently is appearing in the Netflix series, "The Haunting of Bly Manor" as Viola Willoughby which is based on Henry James's 1891 novella, "The Turn of the Screw".
Besides, Siegel is quite active in social media sites with over 286k followers on her verified Instagram: @katesiegelofficial of whose bio reads "Typing..."
What is Kate Siegel Famous for?
- Famous as an actress known for her role in the film, "Hush".
Where was Kate Siegel Born?
Kate Siegel was born on August 9, 1982, in Silver Spring, Maryland, United States. Her birth name is Kate Gordon Siegelbaum. Her nationality is American. Siegel belongs to White ethnicity while is her zodiac sign.
Kate Siegel was born as the daughter to her parents: Laura Siegelbaum(mother) and Paul Siegelbaum(father). Siegel grew up in her hometown Maryland where she attended St. Andrew's Episcopal School and later joined Syracuse University from where she got graduated in 2004 earning a degree in Fine Arts and Acting.
She had an interest in acting since her childhood that she decided to pursue a career in her life. After graduating from Syracuse University, she performed with both the Washington Shakespeare Company and the Folger Theater.
Kate Siegel's Career Highlights
- Kate Siegel made her acting debut with her initial role as Jennifer in a direct-to-video, "The Curse of The Black Dahlia" on January 23, 2007.
- She then went on to star in "Hacia La Oscuridad"(Total Darkness) as Jenn the same year in 2007.
- She also starred along with Ruby Dee and Ally Sheedy with the role of Elizabeth in the movie, "Steam"(2007).
- In 2008, Siegel appeared in the short film, "Knocked Down".
- Siegel made her television debut as Cheryl in the supernatural series, "Ghost Whisperer" in 2009.
- She then appeared in the drama-thriller, "Wedding Day" in 2010. The same year, she appeared as Rachel Hollander in the crime drama, "Numbers".
- In 2013, she played the role of Teresa in "Man Camp".
- She also played the role of Marisol Chavez in the horror film, "Oculus", which was written and directed by Mike Flanagan in 2013.
- In 2014, she appeared as Jack in "Demon Legacy" and as Jade in "Dead Room: Origins".
- Siegel made her screenwriting debut opposite her husband Mike Flanagan in the horror film, "Hush" in 2016. She also starred in the same movie as Maddie Young.
- The same year, she appeared in "Ouija: Origin of Evil" as Jenny Browning.
- In 2017, Siegel starred alongside Carla Gugino and Bruce Greenwood in the film adaptation of Stephen King's "Gerald's Game" as Sally.
- She then starred as Theodora Crain in the Netflix supernatural horror series, "The Haunting of Hill House" in 2018.
- In 2020, she appeared as Joanna in the series, "Hawaii Five-O".
- She currently is appearing as Viola Willoughby in supernatural horror drama, "The Haunting of Bly Manor".
- She will next appear in an upcoming horror series, "Midnight Mass".
- She also narrated the podcast, "Calling Darkness" and also has been a voice actor for "The NoSleep Podcast".
Kate Siegel's Husband
Kate Siegel is currently married to her husband, Mike Flanagan. Mike Flanagan is an American filmmaker who is well known for his works in several horror films. He has directed, written, and edited, all of his works including "Absentia"(2011), "Oculus"(2013), "Hush"(2013), "Gerald's Game"(2017), and "Doctor Sleep"(2019).
Siegel even got recognition for having the most collaboration with Flanagan as she has appeared in most of his films and series. They got married on February 6, 2016, and are living together for almost 4 years in 2020. They are blessed with two children: a son named Cody Paul Flanagan whom they welcomed just a few months after their marriage on November 26, 2016, and later a daughter named Theodora Isabelle Irene Flanagan.
Siegel discovered she was pregnant shortly after she began working on the Netflix Original Series, "The Haunting of Hill House"(2018). She battled pregnancy symptoms throughout the shoot, including severe morning sickness towards the end of filming.
With her marriage with Flanagan, she became the stepmother to Flanagan's first son. Currently, the couple is living a blissful life with their children.
Kate Siegel's Net Worth
Kate Siegel has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started in 2007, Siegel has managed to earn a healthy fortune from her several movies and series. She makes earnings from endorsement deals as well. Including her earnings, she has a net worth estimated to be around $3 million.
Kate Siegel's Height
Kate Siegel is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained slim body physique in her late 30s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch.(1.73m) while his body weighs around 55kg(121 lbs).
She has a perfectly maintained hour-glass body physique of measurement 34-25-35 inches with 34B as her bra size, 4(US) as her dress size, and 6(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with dark brown hair and sparkling blue eyes.
Trivias About Kate Siegel You Need To Know.
- Siegal performed in the 2008 Tennessee Shakespeare Festival production of A Midsummer Night's Dream
- She named her daughter Theodora after her character in The Haunting of Hill House (2018)
- She made her acting debut with "The Curse of The Black Dahlia"
- After graduating, she performed with both the Washington Shakespeare Company and the Folger Theater.