Katharina Reich - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Family, Personal Life, Husband, Nationality, Height, Weight, Parents, Career, Profession, Education
Katharina Reich is an Austrian Doctor and head of the government's Covid crisis coordination "GECKO". She has acted as General Director for Public Health and head of the Public Health and Health System Section in the Ministry of Social Affairs, newly created by former Minister Rudolf Anschober since December 2020. Katharina Reich will now head the new "GECKO" (Nationwide Covid Crisis Coordination), which has now been set up by the government. She takes over the medical and scientific side of "GECKO" (Striedinger is responsible for the logistical aspect), which in the future will coordinate the areas of vaccination, testing, and medication ordering nationwide.
What is Katharina Reich Famous For?
- Being an Austrian Doctor.
- Being the head of the government's Covid crisis coordination "GECKO".
Where is Katharina Reich From?
Katharina Reich was born in the year 1978. She is from Vienna, Austria. She holds Austrian nationality and she came from Austrian-White ethnicity. More details about her parents, siblings, and zodiac sign is still to get unfold yet. Her religion is Christian. About her education, she attended and graduated from Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Brüder Wien (2004–2007), and Medical University of Vienna (2003). Her present age is 43 as of 2021. She is a general practitioner and has also completed training as an emergency doctor. During her training, she focused on anesthesia, internal medicine, and emergency medicine. Dr. Reich from 2004 to 2007 in the hospital of the Barmherzigen Brüder in Vienna. She has been professionally connected to the hospital in Leopoldstadt since before her studies. Dr. Reich follows Ing. Mario Veitl, who in the future will devote himself to the increased tasks in the in-house laboratory and within the laboratory network "Lab_Group".
Katharina Reich Career Timeline
- Katharina Reich began her career working with the Brothers of Mercy after completing her studies at the MedUni in Vienna. She was a medical director of the hospital in Vienna from 2013 to 2018.
- Then, she moved to the Vienna Health Association as deputy medical director of the Hietzing Clinic, where she was in charge of operations in the Corona crisis team.
- Next, she switched to politics and became head of the health section in the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs in 2020.
- In December 2020, then Federal Minister Rudolf Anschober appointed Katharina Reich as Head of Section VII (Public Health and Health System) in the Federal Ministry for Social Affairs, Health, Care, and Consumer Protection. Linked to the function of the management of Section VII is the title of General Director for Public Health (Chief Medical Officer), which Reich also holds as the current Section Head.
- She will now head the new "GECKO" (Nationwide Covid Crisis Coordination). Back in 2021, she doubted that vaccinated people were "off the hook" and completely contradicted statements made by former Chancellor Sebastian Kurz (ÖVP) that it was a "pandemic of the unvaccinated". When asked why she was doing the post of Chief Medical Officer in the Department of Health, she once said, "I enjoy taking responsibility."
- Now, she said: "Omikron is fast, we have to be faster." Therefore, the pandemic management must be realigned. One has the advantage that there are existing test, vaccination, and procurement structures at a high-quality level. But you need closer coordination between technical expertise and operational implementation.
- With the takeover of the medical-scientific side at "GECKO" (Striedinger takes over the logistic side), Katharina Reich will take over the Germany-wide coordination of vaccinations, tests, and medication orders in the near future.
Katharina Reich Personal Life: Who is she married to?
Katharina Reich is secretive when it comes to her personal life as she has not stated and revealed anything regarding her husband, boyfriend, dating history, and affairs to the media. Thus, her marital status is unknown at a present. However, she is enjoying her present life happily. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Katharina Reich Net Worth?
Katharina Reich is a doctor by profession who is currently the head of the government's Covid crisis coordination "GECKO". The net worth of Katharina Reich is believed to have between in the range of $500K-$3 Million as of 2022 as per sources. Whereas her annual salary is still a mystery but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a considerable amount of money from her work. Her source of wealth is from her profession as a doctor. Today, she is leading a modest lifestyle.
How tall is Katharina Reich?
Katharina Reich is a beautiful lady with a slim body type. She stands at the perfect height matching with her body weight. However, her exact body measurements detail such as shoe size, height, weight has not been disclosed yet. Overall, she has got a healthy body at present and she is conscious about her food intake.
Trivias About Katharina Reich You Need To Know.
- Katharina Reich is from Vienna, Austria.
- She graduated from Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Brüder Wien (2004–2007).
- She began her career working with the Brothers of Mercy after completing her studies at the MedUni in Vienna.
- She will head the new "GECKO" (Nationwide Covid Crisis Coordination).