Kathryn Greiner Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Husband, Partner, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Facts, Education, Awards, Career, Kids
Kathryn Greiner is an Australian politician and social advocate who is well known to be one of the influential personalities winning a Centenary Medal. She got much recognition after she became a former Alderman of the City of Sydney for 11 years from 1995 to 2004.
She was also appointed as the first ambassador of the "retirement Village". Apart, she is also known to be the former wife of Australian politician, Nick Greiner, who served as the 37th Premier of New South Wales.
However, she doesn't hold any social media accounts.
What is Kathryn Greiner famous for?
- Famous as a politician and social advocate.
- Known as the former wife of Nick Greiner.
Where is Kathryn Greiner from?
Kathryn Greiner was born in 1946 in Australia. Her birth name is Kathryn Therese Callaghan. Her nationality is Australian. Greiner belongs to the White ethnicity.
Born as the second daughter of Bede Callaghan(father) and Mollie née Brewer(mother), Kathryn was raised in a healthy environment alongside her siblings. Her father, Bede was a popular personality as he was an Australian banker and university administrator who worked as the Chairman of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia from 1965 to 1976.
Growing up, she traveled to several countries as she attended schools in London and Washington, and Loreto Kirribilli in Sydney, where she was even the Head Prefect.
Following this, she went to attend the University of New South Wales from where she got graduated earning a degree in Bachelor of Social Work. It was not limited to that only as she even holds a Certificate in Early Childhood Development from Macquarie University.
Kathryn Greiner’s Career HIghlights
- Kathryn Greiner started her career initially in the child care area where she spent her entire working life for over a decade.
- Her career took a turn when she got married after which she began working in the United States.
- She worked in the Institute of Human Resources at Boise State University, Idaho.
- In 1976, she became a Program Officer in the NSW Department of Youth and Community Services of Australia for 12 years till 1988.
- She was elected to the NSW Legislative Assembly for the Liberal Party in 1980.
- Three years later, in 1983, she became the Leader of the Opposition, later in 1988 defeating the Labor Party's Barrie Unsworth becoming the Premier of New South Wales.
- She contested as an independent alignment at the Sydney City Council election in 1995.
- She resigned as chair of the Sydney Peace Foundation and also as a member of the executive council of the Research Institute for Asia and the Pacific in 2003.
- In 2012, she was appointed Chair of the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Ageing.
- She became the ambassador of the Retirement Villages in 2018.
- She has also been a media presenter for a radio station, "2UE" and for television's "Nine Network".
- Her numerous other directorships and involvements include; Financial Planning Association, John Singleton Advertising, Deputy Chancellor of Bond University, and many others.
Who is Kathryn Greiner’s Husband?
Kathryn Greiner is currently single and has been living a happy life alongside her children. However, she was married before and has been married just once to date. Her first and the only marriage was with Nick Greiner.
Nick is an Australian politician and businessman who served as the 37th Premier of New South Wales(1988-1992). He was also the Leader of the New South Wales Division of the Liberal Party and Leader of the Opposition.
The couple got married on August 1, 1970, in a beautiful wedding ceremony. The couple together had two children together; Justin and Kara. She already has become the grandmother of her grandchildren Angus, Lillie, Annie, and Sophie.
Their marriage life was happy and decent until they got separated in 1995 after Nick admitted having had an extra-marital affair. However, they reconciled a year later in 1996 and lived together for 17 years until they got separated in October 2013.
Kathryn Greiner’s Net worth
Kathryn Greiner has quite good earnings from her professional career as a politician and social advocate. She has healthy earnings from his work as an ambassador of Retirement Villages and also from her several other high positions in public and private institutions
She even owns a million-worth penthouse in the Paddington Green complexion which she bought at worth $4 million in 2019. Including Kathryn's income, she has a net worth estimated to be around $10 million and is living a lavish lifestyle.
Kathryn Greiner’s Height and Weight
Kathryn Greiner is a beautiful lady with an average body physique in her 40s. She stands tall with an average height of 5ft. 4inches while her body weighs around 57kg. She has a fair complexion with beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair.
Did You Know?
- Kathryn Greiner traveled to several countries as she attended schools in London and Washington, and Loreto Kirribilli in Sydney, where she was even the Head Prefect.
- She even holds a Certificate in Early Childhood Development from Macquarie University.