Facts About Kathryn Kates
|75 Years Old
|Kathryn Jane Kates
|Place Of Birth
|Queens, New York City
|Famous as an American actress
|Best Known For
|Known for her recurring role of Counter Woman in the American sitcom "Seinfeld"
|Great Neck North Senior High School
|New York University
|January 22, 2022
|Cause Of Death
Kathryn Kates was an American actress who was well-recognized for her appearances on the popular American television sitcom, "Seinfeld" where she had the recurring role of Counter Woman in the episodes "The Rye", and "The Dinner Party". Kates also received good recognition for her appearances in the hit television series including "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", and "Orange Is the New Black". She was also one of the founding members of "The Colony Theatre" along with other 24 actors. Her marvelous acting in the films, earned her much popularity in the acting industry until her death on January 22, 2022, due to lung cancer. She was 73 years old at the time.
What was Kathryn Kates famous for?
- Famous as an American actress
- Known for her recurring role of Counter Woman in the American sitcom "Seinfeld"
Kathryn Kates Cause of Death
Kathryn Kates passed away on January 22, 2022, just a week ago her 74th birthday. She was 73 years old at the time. She died of lung cancer in her brother's home in Lake Worth, Florida. Her death left her family, friends, relatives, and fans in grief. She was survived by her brother, Joshua Kates, and her sister-in-law, Sue Ann Kates at the time of Kates's death.
Where was Kathryn Kates born?
Kathryn Kates was born on January 29, 1948, in Queens, New York City, United States. Her birth name was Kathryn Jane Kates. Her nationality was American. Kates belonged to the White ethnicity while Aquarius was her zodiac sign.
She was born as the daughter of Louis Kates(father) and Sylvia Kates(mother). Her father was an electronics engineer while her mother was an actress who acted with the stage name "Madelyn Cates". She had a brother, Joshua Kates who is a former Psychotherapist in Private Practice. She also had a sister, Mallory Kates. Kates was raised along with her siblings in her hometown, New York City. She did her schooling at Great Neck North Senior High School where she was graduated in 1971. Then, she attended New York University. Since her childhood, she was interested in acting and wanted to pursue it as her career. She considered her mother as her inspiration. Then, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue her career in acting.
Kathryn Kates's Career Highlights
- Kathryn Kates started her acting career in 1974 by appearing in the Cast theatre "Enter Laughing". She acted opposite John Larroquette as his mother in the show.
- She also was one of 25 actors who are founding members of The Colony Theatre at The Studio Theatre in the Silver Lake district of Los Angeles.
- She also worked as a co-general manager of The Colony from 1975 to 1981 and together they produced all of the company's plays.
- In 1988, she made her appearances in The Colony's L.A. Drama Critics' Circle award-winning productions such as "The Grapes of Wrath" and "The Martian Chronicles".
- Kates gained recognition for her role as The Counter Woman in the episodes "The Dinner Party", and "The Rye" of the American sitcom "Seinfeld".
- She also had appeared as Mrs. Carrabino on the Disney series "Lizzie McGuire in 2002.
- She portrayed the role of June Starr in the American legal drama television series "Judging Amy" in 2003.
- She had a lead role of Myrna Brinbaum in the CBS/Showtime pilot "Gurland on Gurland".
- In 2012, she made her appearances in "Lola Versus".
- She also had a role in Reggie Rock Bythewood's pilot for the BET network, Gun Hill, as Bora.
- Kates had made her appearances in several TV series, shows, and films including "Jinxed", "Party: The Story of Beatrice", "The Jesus Rolls", "Hunters", "The Good Fight", "Orange Is the New Black", and "Shades of Blue".
- In the year 2021, she played the role of Angie DeCarlo in the American crime drama film "The Many Saints of Newark".
Kathryn Kates Husband: Was Kathryn Kates Married?
Kathryn Kates had married only once throughout her life. She was married to her only husband, Steven Lebetkin. The couple was happily living together in Deerfield Beach, Florida. She was an adventurous woman who used to love to be accompanied by her friends.
What is Kathryn Kates's net worth?
Kathryn Kates had quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. She had worked in several TV series and films throughout her career. Her source of income was her films and series. At the time of her death, she had a net worth estimated to be around $1 million.
Kathryn Kates Height
Kathryn Kates was a beautiful woman with an average body physique in her early 70s. She had a height of 5ft. 3inches(1.60m) while her body weight was around 60kg. She had a fair complexion with black hair and brown eyes.
Trivias About Kathryn Kates You Need To Know.
- Kates worked as a co-general manager of The Colony from 1975 to 1981
- She considered her mother as her inspiration who was an actress herself.
- She was one of 25 actors who are founding members of The Colony Theatre.
- She was an adventurous woman.