Katie Piper - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Husband, Family, Nationality, Height, Weight, Parents, Facts, Awards, Career, TV Shows, Books, Kids, Wiki
Kate Elizabeth Piper is an English writer, activist, television presenter, and model who is professionally known as Katie Piper. She is well recognized as the victim of a 2008 facial acid attack carried out by a man named Stefan Sylvestre and orchestrated by an abusive romantic partner named Daniel Lynch. She survived her ordeal and became the host of a disability-themed English Channel 4 series titled "Katie: My Beautiful Friends" as well as became a contestant on "Strictly Come Dancing" in 2018. Piper also started work as a model and was a 2006 runner-up for the Miss Winchester beauty pageant title after training as a cosmetologist. She had previously appeared as a guest, with her mother on the 2020 Mothers Day edition. Moreover, Katie became a panelist on "Loose Women" in July 2021.
- Being an English writer, activist, television presenter, and model.
- For being the host of a disability-themed English Channel 4 series titled "Katie: My Beautiful Friends".
What is Katie Piper Real Name?
Katie Piper opened her eyes for the very first time on 12th October 1983 with the real name of Kate Elizabeth Piper in Andover, Hampshire, England. She holds British nationality and belongs to British-white ethnicity. Similarly, her religion is Christian and her race is white. Katie's present age is 37 which she celebrated recently in 2021. As per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Libra. She was born to her father, David Piper, and her mother, Diane Piper. She has an elder brother, Paul, and a younger sister, Suzy.
Regarding Katie's education, she attended Harrow Way School and Portway Junior School as a child. She then trained as a beautician after leaving school, aiming to build on her fondness for fashion and beauty and to follow in the footsteps of her father, who worked as a barber.
Career prior to the attack
- Katie Piper kicks off her career in modeling as she started working as a promotional model: starring and carrying out publicity duties at live events, such as working as a ring-card girl at martial arts fixtures. She also conducted a career as a digital television presenter, working principally on web-TV shows and features.
Assault and acid attack
- Daniel Lynch is a martial arts enthusiast who had been tracking Piper's media and modeling career, met her through Facebook. Two weeks into their relationship, they booked into a hotel in Bayswater, following a meal out.
- Badly in the hotel room, Daniel raped and beat Piper, threatened to cut her with a razor and hang her, and stabbed her several times in the arms.
- She was treated for her wounds at Royal Free Hospital but withheld the nature of the incident from the doctors and police because she was afraid of Lynch.
- Later she received numerous phone calls and apologies from Lynch and on 31st March 2008, two days after the initial attack, Lynch persuaded Piper to go to an internet cafe to read an email he had sent to her Facebook account.
- Daniel gave her details to Stefan Sylvestre, who identified her on Golders Green Road. Wearing a hoodie to obscure his identity, Sylvestre approached Piper, who thought he was going to ask for money, and then threw sulphuric acid at her face. The attack was caught on CCTV, and both Lynch and Sylvestre were later arrested.
- Daniel received two life sentences and will serve a minimum of 16 years. Sylvestre received a life sentence and was told he would serve a minimum of 6 years. Sylvestre's parole application for release was approved in 2018.
Treatment and recovery
- Katie ran into a local cafe immediately after the attack where an ambulance was called and she was treated in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
- Sadly, the acid, some of which she had swallowed, blinded her in her left eye and caused partial-thickness and full-thickness burns. The surgeons completely removed the skin of Piper's face and replaced it with a skin substitute, Matriderm, to build the foundations for a skin graft. This procedure was the first of its kind to be done in a single operation.
- Katie was put into an induced coma for 12 days. She has been through numerous surgical operations to treat her injuries and wore a plastic face mask for 23 hours a day.
- As part of her care from the National Health Service, she was treated at a clinic in Southern France. The treatment she received there was designed to break down scar tissue, and prevent skin contraction.
- Subsequent to the attack, she moved out of her London flat and returned to Hampshire to live with her parents and younger sister Suzy.
Television and radio
- Katie took part in a documentary about her experience, "Katie: My Beautiful Face", which was aired by Channel 4 on 29th October 2009, and, according to figures from Attentional, gained over 3.3 million viewers. The program has been rebroadcast several times and in a number of territories.
- She then read the Alternative Christmas Message on Channel 4 on 25th December 2009 which was about Piper's own experiences, family, and not judging people by their appearance. She featured in one of the two 2011 Alternative Christmas Messages.
- The ABC (US)'s news-magazine television series "20/20" featured her as its primary subject on 8th January 2010.
- Katie also starred in a series titled "Katie: My Beautiful Friends" which series was broadcast in the US on the OWN channel from 16th August 2011. The films also chronicled the development and growth of the Katie Piper Foundation and began its four-part run on 22nd March 2011.
- Channel 4 broadcast a new one-off film featuring Katie on 7th February 2012 as she prepared to undergo stem-cell surgery in a bid to restore sight in her damaged left eye. "Katie: The Science of Seeing Again" saw Piper look into the biology of the eye.
- Piper's participation in "Gok Live" was confirmed in spring 2013, her next solo Channel 4 project was announced, which was to be a new documentary series, provisionally titled "Undo Me".
- It was confirmed in summer 2014 that the second series of "Bodyshockers" had been commissioned, thus becoming the first of Katies's programs to be reordered for a second run. In February 2015, it was announced that a third series had been ordered commissioned.
- Likewise, has starred on a number of television and radio programs to talk about her experience; the Australian series "60 Minutes" featured Piper in November 2009.
- She also appeared on Channel 4's Krishnan Guru-Murthy-hosted television-led debate "The TV Show" in the same month to discuss the reaction to the original documentary.
- As well, she was seen as a guest on a number of British magazines and news programs including "Live From Studio Five", "Woman's Hour", "BBC Breakfast" and "This Morning".
- She also took part in "The Secret Millions" in 2013 and in the following year, she also appeared as a box-opener in Gok Wan's edition of Celebrity Deal or No Deal.
- She presents Channel 4's "Never Seen a Doctor", which began on 4th May 2016.
- Also, she was announced on BBC Breakfast as the first contestant in that year's "Strictly Come Dancing" on 13th August 2018.
- Katie became a featured presenter on Songs of Praise with effect from 20th September 2020 whereas it was also confirmed on 23rd July 2021 that she would become a panelist on "Loose Women".
- Katie published her autobiography, called "Beautiful" in paperback by Ebury Press on 17th February 2011 whereas following the success of "Beautiful", she signed a three-book deal with publisher Quercus.
- The first of these was a self-help book titled "Things Get Better: If you believe then you will survive". The second volume of memoirs, titled "Beautiful Ever After", was released in 2014.
- In late 2016, she released her next book "Confidence: the Secret", as well as Piper and her mother, published the book "From Mother to Daughter: The Things I'd Tell My Child" through Quercus in 2018.
- Later, Kate wrote a regular column in "Reveal" magazine between April 2011 and July 2012, and in October 2012 she began contributing a weekly column for "Now" magazine, which ran until January 2014.
- She has also written occasional one-off 'guest columns' for newspapers including the "Sunday Mirror" and its stablemate, the "Sunday People".
Awards and Achivements
- Katie Piper won the "Women to Watch: Inspiration" award at Red magazine's "Red's Hot Women Awards" in 2010.
- In February 2011, "Katie: My Beautiful Face" won the "Best Documentary Programme" award at the "Broadcast" Awards; Piper attended to collect the prize alongside the filmmakers.
- She was also awarded the "You Can" Award at the Sainsbury's Women of the Year Awards 2011.
Who is Katie Piper Husband?
Katie Piper is a married woman. She announced her engagement to Richard James Sutton in December 2014. They married on 6th November 2015. Sutton is a carpenter and builder. He began dating Katie Piper in 2013 after being set up by a mutual friend. Richard proposed to Katie back in December 2014. Starting at now, the couple is carrying on with an upbeat life and their bond is going more grounded with the progression of time. On 14th March 2014, she gave birth to her first child, Belle Elizabeth. She was blessed with a second child, Penelope Diane on 13th December 2017. Concerning her sexual orientation, she is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Katie Piper?
Katie Piper is a talented woman who has a net worth of between $1 million to $3 million as of 2021. She also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around $504,560 per year. She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. Katie has a long road ahead of her and she definitely holds all the potential to make it big in the industry. She also became a brand ambassador for Swarovski in 2018. In addition, her major source of income is from her writer, activist, television presenter, and model career.
How tall is Katie Piper?
Katie Piper is 5 feet 1 inch or 1.57 meters tall and weighs around 52 kg or 115 pounds. The TV presenter has blonde hair with a pair of gorgeous blue eyes. She definitely has a pretty face and a magnetic personality which has cast a spell over her viewers over the years. Katie's body build type is slim. Other than this, her actual body measurements have not been disclosed yet.
Trivias About Katie Piper You Need To Know.
- After training as a cosmetologist, Katie started work as a model and was a 2006 runner-up for the Miss Winchester beauty pageant title.
- Piper became a brand ambassador for Swarovski in 2018.
- On 23rd July 2021, it was confirmed that Piper would become a panelist on "Loose Women".
- She was awarded the "You Can" Award at the Sainsbury's Women of the Year Awards 2011.
- Her zodiac sign is Libra.