Facts About Katt Williams
|Celebrated Name||Katt Williams|
|Age||51 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Micah Sierra Williams|
|Place Of Birth||Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Father||John Cornell Williams|
|High School||Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School, Colonel White High School|
|Marital Status||Married and Divorced|
|Wife||Quadirah Locus (First Wife), Eboni Gray (Second Wife)|
|Children||9 (Micah Stephen Williams, Leanne Williams and 7 Adopted Children)|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Comedian, Rapper, and Actor|
|Height||5 ft 4.5 in or 164 cm|
|Weight||65 Kg or 143.5 lbs|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Katt Williams is a multi-talented stand-up comedian, actor, rapper, singer, and voice actor. He made his theatrical film debut as Money Mike in the stoner comedy film, "Friday After Next", in the year 2002. He had a stint on Wild 'n Out, portrayed Bobby Shaw in "My Wife and Kids". He provided vocals to the character of Seamus, a dim-witted, clumsy carrier pigeon, in the 2010 spy comedy film, Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore. In 2008, he voiced himself in the video game Grand Theft Auto IV. He co-starred in the 2017 comedy film, "Father Figures" (known as Who’s Your Daddy?) alongside Ed Helms, Owen Wilson in which he appeared as an unnamed hitchhiker. In March 2018, he was cast as Willie in an episode titled Alligator Man of the FX surreal comedy-drama series, "Atlanta". He has been cast in shows and movies like American Hustle: The Movie, Epic Movie, It’s Pimpin’ Pimpin’, 2 Minutes of Fame, My Wife and Kids, Scary Movie 5, NYPD Blue, School Dance, Father Figures, The Boondocks, The Last O.G., Black-ish, Girlfriends, and more.
Katt Williams says a Verzuz battle against Kevin Hart would be "cheating" for him
Katt Williams recently spoke about going up against Kevin Hart in a comedic Verzuz battle. During a radio interview with Persia Nicole, the comedian stated that Verzuz originated from him. "I started Verzuz," Williams said. "...The first Verzuz ever promoted was Steve Harvey versus Katt Williams. It was the underground Kings of Comedy Verzuz. ...So, we don't need to ask me if I would have any interest in things that I was the originator of. Comedically beefing is my lane." Katt then listed his lengthy resume, which included numerous tours, movie roles, and television appearances. He also said that Richard Pryor would have been his only real competition. "It's almost cheating for me. I have over 10 specials," Williams said. "I don’t have to pick but two jokes from each special and I’ve already deaded anyone whose last name isn’t Pryor anyway. ...We don’t wanna add 52 movies, we certainly don't wanna add 11 specials, we certainly don't wanna add 49 television appearances, we don't wanna add an Emmy. It’s almost a battle we can’t really afford to be in. ...It probably don't match up the way you think it match up." Fans have been discussing a hypothetical battle between the two comedians for months now. Back in April, social media user @comedyHype_ had both men trending on Twitter after he asked who would win an Instagram Live roast contest. One fan replied, “In a roasting battle? Aye man Kevin Hart got some jokes that’ll make you wanna fight. But Katt Williams would make you wanna kill him lol. Katt might obliterate Kevin Lol. 20-20 joke off? Katt 14 Kevin 6.” Another fan responded, "So, Katt Williams & Kevin Hart are trending over who’s the funniest. Let’s put it like this, Katt Williams is Black people funny & Kevin Hart is white people funny & EVERYBODY knows Black people are funnier than the whites."
What is Katt Williams Famous For?
- Being a stand-up comedian, actor, rapper, singer, and voice actor.
- For his role as Money Mike in "Friday After Next".
What Ethnicity is Katt Williams? Know More About His Age, Parents, Education
Katt Williams was born on 2nd September 1971 with the born name of Micah Sierra Williams. His place of birth is in Cincinnati, Ohio, the USA where he was raised and which he considered his hometown. His present age is 50 as of 2021. By nationality, he is American and he belongs to Mixed ethnicity of African-American. His race is black. Virgo is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion. He often wears the cross during his shows as a symbol of his Christian faith. However, he briefly joined the Nation of Islam while living in the San Francisco Bay Area. About his parents, he was born to his father, John Cornell Williams, and his mother, Brenda Louise.
Regarding his educational background, Katt Williams studied at Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School. Later, he shifts the school and enrolled at Colonel White High School. He was a brilliant student at school and has also won numerous awards for his science project. He later dropped out of school. At the age of 13, he emancipated himself from his parents and moved to Florida and supported himself as a street vendor as well as sold magazines and books door to door and he even robbed cars for radios. He lived in a park in Coconut Grove, Miami for four years.
Katt Williams Career Timeline
- Katt Williams initially started performing comedy in his Cincinnati neighborhood, Evanston.
- He then sharpened his comic delivery by performing his routine in clubs nationwide, from Oklahoma to Oakland.
- He had become an established comic, appearing on stage at the likes of The Improv, The Comedy Club, The Ice House, and The Hollywood Park Casino by 1999.
- He even appeared on BET's "Comic View" as Katt "In the Hat" Williams.
- He starred in his first comedy special in 2006 entitled "Katt Williams: Live: Let a Playa Play". His second & first HBO stand-up special was 2006's "The Pimp Chronicles, Pt. 1".
- In the year 2007, he was offered a movie/standup which he entitled "American Hustle".
- In the year 2008, he released his second HBO comedy special entitled "It's Pimpin' Pimpin'", with Williams doing more political standup.
- Later on, he was busy releasing comedy DVDs and touring. He also had a comedy tour that was named the best of 2008 by Billboard.
- After a four-year hiatus, he returned to stand up in his third HBO comedy special, entitled "Kattpacalypse" in the year 2012.
- On 3rd December 2012, he announced the end of his stand-up comedy career, a day after a bizarre incident in Seattle, Washington that landed him in jail. After three days he announced he was coming out of retirement.
- In late 2013, he was on his "Growth Spurt" Tour.
- Then, he returned with a new HBO special titled "Katt Williams: Priceless: Afterlife", which was directed by Spike Lee on 16th August 2014.
- On 3rd September 2015, during an interview, he announced and described his upcoming tour entitled "Conspiracy Theory" stating, "The conspiracy conversation is a conversation that we are all familiar with. We know that there are conspiracies out there, but this is a conversation that encompasses a lot of things that aren't being discussed other places. That's the basis for all conspiracy theories: the fact that there is hidden information out there, and how our process changes about things that we thought we used to know. We all, at some point, if we're are at a certain age, we grew up thinking Pluto was a planet. This is probably going to go down as one of my finest works, just because it's a collection of forbidden topics that we can't seem to get answered. I am one of the rare urban public officials. Part of my guarantee in my ticket price is that I'm going to be talking about what we are talking about now, and discussing from now to the next time we see [me] again. This is the open discussion that we've had since 2003. This is what it is about".
- In the year 2018, he released a new stand-up special on Netflix, shot in Jacksonville, Florida, titled "Great America".
Film and TV Career
- Katt Williams made his acting debut on "NYPD Blue" in 2002.
- He rose to fame after he appeared on "Wild 'n Out", in which he appeared for several seasons.
- Furthermore, he also appeared in the official music video for Wild 'n Out colleague Nick Cannon's single 'Gigolo' in the year 2003.
- In the year 2007, he provided the voice of A Pimp Named Slickback in "The Boondocks" where he plays himself as an on-stage stand-up comedian in 'Grand Theft Auto IV'.
- He also appeared in several episodes of "My Life and Kids" as character Bobby Shaw.
- He has also played supporting characters in films, such as "First Sunday" and "Norbit", but he gained further popularity for his character Money Mike in "Friday After Next".
- Katt Williams used the stage name "Money Mike" while rapping for songs by such artists as Baby Bash, The Game, and Suga Free.
- In the year 2006, he joined well-known New York rapper Cam'ron's group the Diplomats but was never signed as an official artist for the label.
- On 29th January 2009, he released his debut studio/live album entitled "It's Pimpin' Pimpin'". On 19th November 2013, Williams & Hell Rell released a diss song to Atlanta rapper Trinidad James entitled "Lames In The Game" due to comments made by the rapper about the state of current hip hop music.
Katt Williams Legal Issues and Arrest
- Katt Williams was arrested on 13th November 2006 at Los Angeles International Airport after a stolen gun was found in his briefcase. He pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed firearm on 14th December 2006 and was sentenced to three years' probation, ordered to pay restitution, and was given credit for the three days he spent in jail.
- Then, he was arrested by police while working on a film in Coweta County, Georgia in November 2010 and was accused of stealing $3,500 worth of coins and jewelry. He was accused of stealing $3,500 worth of coins and jewelry whereas Police later charged him with burglary and criminal trespass.
- Likewise, he was again arrested in connection with an alleged assault on a tractor drive on 11th June 2011. The alleged victim said three women approached his tractor at around 4:30 p.m. local time and attacked him with rocks and dirt clods, causing him facial injuries. He was booked into jail and released that same night on $50,000 bail.
- On 15th November 2012, he was arrested in Oakland, California on charges of suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly beating an 18-year-old Berkeley, California man with a bottle aboard Williams' tour bus.
- He was arrested in Seattle after he allegedly got into a dispute at a bar in South Lake Union. Williams' arrest came after his no-show on November 29, 2012, for the first night of a planned two-night engagement at the Paramount Theatre on 2nd December 2012.
- He was arrested in Dunnigan, California on a bench warrant arising from a November 25, 2012, incident in Sacramento during which he allegedly drove a three-wheeled motorbike on a sidewalk and refused to stop for police. The resulting chase was halted due to safety concerns, and the bench warrant was issued after Williams narrowly missed several bystanders.
- Moreover, he was arrested in Los Angeles on child endangerment charges. He was held in lieu of $100,000 bail, and his four children were placed in protective custody on 28th December 2012.
- He was arrested at his LA home after failing to appear in Sacramento to answer the November 25 motorbike charges on 8th January 2013.
- He was arrested along with Suge Knight for the theft of a camera from a female photographer in Beverly Hills on 5th September.
- He was arrested in Gainesville, Georgia on 29th February 2016 when a clerk at a swimming pool store said Katt hit him. Katt was lying face down with his hands behind his back when the police arrived.
- He was arrested in Atlanta, Georgia, and charged with battery after allegedly throwing a salt shaker at the manager of Spondivits, a local restaurant on 27th April 2016.
- He was arrested on 24th July 2016 on suspicion of battery after an altercation with a woman at the Sportsman's Lodge, a hotel in Sherman Oaks, California.
- He was arrested in Fulton County, Georgia, on a charge of second-degree criminal damage to property, after having turned himself in on a warrant for failing to appear in court for the April 27 incident. This new arrest involved a February 28, 2016, allegation that the comedian threw a man's cellphone.
- On 6th October 2018, he was arrested in Portland, Oregon on a charge of assault in the fourth degree, after he assaulted a town car driver during an argument about his dog. Williams was additionally arrested on an outstanding warrant from Georgia.
Awards and Achievements
- Nominated for the Teen Choice Awards Choice Comedian Award in 2007
- Nominated for the Creative Arts Emmy Awards for Best Comedy Guest Actor in 2018
- Won the Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series for his appearance on the show Atlanta
Who is Katt Williams married to? Details About His Children, Affairs, and Girlfriend
Katt Williams was a married man. He was married to his first wife, Quadirah Locus. Their relationship lasted until 1995 and they separated via divorce. The duo was blessed with a son named Micah Stephen Williams (born 16 February 1991), who is an actor who is best known for playing "Emmett" from the Disney Channel series, Good Luck Charlie. After their marriage, he got full custody of Micah. He then married his second wife, Eboni Gray. But their married life could not last lost and get divorced. He also has a biological daughter whose named Leanne William whereas there is no information about her mother's detail. He has also adopted seven children. He is currently residing in Los Angeles, California, the USA living a single life. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, Katt Williams dated Loni Love who is a comedian, TV host, actress, author, and former electrical engineer. He even dated Arika Kane in September 2014. By profession, Arika is a recording artist, songwriter, and producer. Later, the duo split. After their separation, he dated model, Jhonni Blaze in the year 2016.
How much is Katt Williams Net Worth?
Katt Williams is an American stand-up comedian, actor, rapper, singer, voice actor, writer, and producer by profession whose net worth is estimated to have $1.5 million as of 2021. His main source of wealth comes from multiple careers such as being a comedian, rapper, and actor. Whereas he has not revealed anything regarding his annual salary, real estate details, cars collection, and more. However, he is living a standard lifestyle as of today.
How tall is Katt Williams? His Height, Weight, Hair Color
Katt Williams is a very handsome man with a slim body type. He stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 4.5 in or 164 cm. His balanced bodyweight consists of 65 Kg or 143.5 lbs. His hair color is salt and pepper whereas his eye color is dark brown. He has permed hair. His other body measurements details are still to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him.
Trivias About Katt Williams You Need To Know.
- His birth name is Micah Sierra Williams.
- He won the Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series for his appearance on the show "Atlanta".
- He made his acting debut on "NYPD Blue" in 2002.
- In the year 2018, he released a new stand up special on Netflix, shot in Jacksonville, Florida, titled "Great America".
- He often wears the cross during his shows as symbol of his Christian faith.
- He provided vocals to the character of Seamus, a dim-witted, clumsy carrier pigeon, in the 2010 spy comedy film, Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore.