Keisha Lance Bottoms - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Mayor of Atlanta, Family, Salary, Ethnicity, Parents, Speech, COVID, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Kids
Keisha Lance Bottoms is an American politician and lawyer. Bottoms is the 60th Mayor of Atlanta, Georgia, elected in 2017. Prior to being elected as a mayor, she was a member of the Atlanta City Council representing part of Southwest Atlanta. She started her career as a lawyer and became a magistrate judge in Atlanta in 2002. She had an unsuccessful run for a judgeship on the Fulton Superior Court in 2008.
She has over 299.8k followers on her Twitter handle @KeishaBottoms.
What is Keisha Lance Bottoms Famous For?
- 60th Mayor of Atlanta, Georgia.
Where is Keisha Lance Bottoms From?
Keisha Lance Bottoms was born on 18 January 1970. Her birth place is in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She was born to a father, Major Lance, and a mother, Sylvia Robinson. She belongs to African-American ethnicity. Her religion is Agnostic. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She has 8 half-siblings from her father's other relationships. Her family history can be traced back five generations to Shepherd Peek, a freedman from plantation near Crawfordville, who may have served in the Georgia state legislature during Reconstruction.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Frederick Douglass High School. After graduating from high school, she attended Florida A&M University. She graduated with a bachelor's degree in communications. She later obtained a J.D. degree from Georgia State University College of Law in 1994.
Keisha Lance Mayor of Atlanta
- She started her professional career as a prosecutor.
- She also represented children in juvenile court.
- She became a magistrate judge in Atlanta in 2002.
- She ran for a judgeship on the Fulton Superior Court in 2008, where she became unsuccessful.
- She was elected to the Atlanta City Council in 2009. She represented District 11 in southwest Atlanta.
- She was re-elected to Atlanta City Council for a second term in 2013.
- She was concurrently the executive director of Atlanta Fulton County Recreation Authority starting in 2015.
- She ran for Mayor of Atlanta in 2017.
- She defeated fellow City Council member Mary Norwood in the runoff election to become the 60th Mayor of Atlanta.
- She was investigated during the election for several lump payments to campaign staff totaling over $180,000 that was not properly reported. She voluntarily returned $25,700 in October 2017 in campaign contributions she had received from PRAD Group. FBI had raided PRAD Group's office in September 2017.
- She called on the attorney general of Georgia in November 2017 to investigate fake robocalls made in her name, which her campaign said were laden with racist overtones and made primarily in Atlanta's white neighborhoods.
- She signed an executive order in 2018 forbidding the city jail to hold ICE detainees.
- She endorsed Joe Biden in the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries.
- She was named a permanent co-chair of the 2020 Democratic National Convention.
- She repeatedly condemned Trump for making the situation worse, risen by the death of George Floyd.
- Bottoms disagreed with Georgia Governor Brian Kemp after he announced the reopening of Georgia business during the COVID-19 pandemic in April 2020.
- She issued an executive order in July 2020, rolling back some of its reopening measures from Phase 2 to Phase 1 and requiring everyone to wear a facial covering within city limits.
- Georgia Governor Brian Kemp issued an order suspending all local mask mandates. Kemp also filed suit against Bottoms in Superior Court on 16 July, seeking to invalidate her order and prevent her from talking about it.
- A hearing scheduled for July 21 was postponed when the judge rescued herself.
Keisha Lance Bottoms Husband
Keisha Lance Bottoms is a married woman. She is married to Derek W. Bottoms. Her husband is the vice president of employment practices and associate relations for The Home Depot. Prior to that, he spent over five years at the law firm Powell Goldstein. They first met while a student at Georgia State University State of Law. The couple got married in October 1994. The couple does not have biological children. They had unsuccessful attempts to conceive biologically. They later adopted four children, Lincoln, Langston, Lennox, and Lance.
She announced on 6 July 2020 that she had tested positive for COVID-19.
Keisha Lance Bottoms Height
Keisha Lance Bottoms stands at an average American height and has an average weight. She has a slim body build. Her sexual orientation is straight. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is black.
Keisha Lance Bottoms Net Worth
Keisha Lance Bottoms is an attorney as well as a government servant. She previously worked as a lawyer and now serves as the 60th Mayor of Atlanta, Georgia. It is not clear how much she gets paid as a salary. Her net worth is estimated at around $1 million.
Trivias About Keisha Lance Bottoms You Need To Know.
- She is a Democrat.
- Her father, Major Lance was an R&B singer-songwriter, who became popular in the 1960s and 1970s.
- She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- She was considered one of the top choices for possible vice-presidential pick for Biden.