Facts About Keith Martin
|Celebrated Name||Keith Martin|
|Age||56 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Keith Eric Martin|
|Profession||Singer , Songwriter , Record Producer|
|Place Of Birth||Washington, D.C.|
|Birth Nation||Untied States|
|Famous For||Popular R&B singer-songwriter|
|Father||Name Not Available|
|Mother||Name Not Available|
|Brothers||Name Not Available|
|Sisters||Name Not Available|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Residence||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Death Date||March 2022|
|Cause Of Death||Acute Myocardial Infarction|
|Source of Wealth||Music|
|Net Worth||Around $1.5 million|
Keith Eric Martin, popularly known as Keith Martin was an American R&B singer-songwriter and record producer. Martin was best known for writing and singing romantic love songs. Having spent most of his career in music, he also worked in the Philippine music industry for several years. In the Philippines, he wrote and produced hit music for several Filipino artists.
He died at the age of 55 in March 2022.
What is Keith Martin Famous For?
- Popular R&B singer-songwriter.
Where is Keith Martin From?
Keith Martin was born on 22 September 1966. His birth name is Keith Eric Martin. His birth place is in Washington, D.C. in the United States. He held an American nationality. He had two siblings. He belonged to the African-American ethnicity and his religion was Christianity. Information about his parents, early life, and education is not available at present.
Keith Martin Career
- Keith Martin is a legendary R&B singer-songwriter and record producer. Having started singing at an early age of 10, he was already writing music at 19.
- He was friends with several future music stars such as Johnny Gill, Stacy Lattisaw, Oteil Burbridge, and Kenny Lattimore. He was a member of the group, Masquerade along with members, Art Powell, Scott Powell, Sharif Walters, and D'Extra Wiley.
- Louis A. McCall, Sr. signed Martin to Gaithersburg, MD artist management company. McCall owned the company with his music business consultant and songwriter wife, Linda Lou.
- When Linda became Vice President of MC Hammer's artist management company, she arranged for Martin to come to California and got him on as part of MC Hammer's Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em and Too Legit to Quit world tours.
- After McCalls relocated to Los Angeles in 1990, Martin followed and started to work with Boyz II Men producers (Shovani and Buster), Grammy Award-winning songwriters, and producers Marti Sharron and Danny Sembello, Oji Pierce, Ian Prince, and The Time's Jesse Johnson.
- Martin later signed to Columbia Ruffhouse Records and became a member of the group that included Scott Powell and Art Powell and Sharif Walters. The group was popular in Washington D.C.
- He released his first album, It's Long Overdue in 1995. His first single was "Never Find Someone Like You".
- Martin continued to write and produce music in the industry for several years before moving to the Philippines in 2004. EMI Philippines hired him as an in-house producer in Manila to write and produce music for artists in the Philippines and Indonesia.
- He collaborated with several artists there: with Filipino singer Kyla on her albums, Not Your Ordinary Girl, and Beautiful Days, with Gloc 9 on his album Ako Si..., with Agnes Monica on her album Whaddup A..'?!, and with Gary V. He also released his own projects there.
- Martin returned back to the US in 2009 and worked with the all-girl group, POSH.
- He released his own album, This Road in 2010. Its single "You Are My Life" became a popular wedding theme.
- He continued to work in the music industry in his later life.
How Did Keith Martin Die? His Cause of Death!
R&B musician, Keith Martin died in March 2022. He died at the age of 55. He was found dead in his private residence in Quezon City, Phillippines. His cause of death is reported as acute myocardial infarction. However, the exact date of his death has yet to be determined.
Who was Keith Martin Wife? Was He Married?
Keith Martin has left this world at the age of 55 but his legacy will remain forever. The R&B singer became one of the successful musicians in the US and the Philippines. He led a single life entire his life. He was never married. Moreover, he was secretive about his personal life. There are no records that showed if he was married or if he had children. More details about his personal life will be updated soon.
What is Keith Martin Height?
Keith Martin stood around average height. He had a balanced body weight. His eye color is brown. His hair color is black. He usually maintains a clean-shaved head. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Keith Martin Net Worth?
Keith Martin was a popular American R&B singer and record producer. Not only in the US, but he also spent years working in the Filipino music industry. He was living in the Philippines when he passed away. He was a successful musician and made a good fortune from his music career. Around the time of his death, his net worth was estimated at around $1.5 million.
Trivias About Keith Martin You Need To Know.
- He grew up listening to the Jackson 5, Prince, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, and Stevie Wonder.
- He was also influenced by jazz and gospel music.
- He started playing piano, bass guitar, and drums at the age of 10.
- His ballad, "Because of You" is still a major favorite in the US and Asia.