Kell Brook Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Facts, Wiki, Parents, Ethnicity, Height, Weight, Ranking, Record, Family, Career, Famous for, Nationality
Kell Brook is a British professional boxer. As of September 2019, he is ranked as the world’s eighth-best active light middleweight by BoxRec, ninth by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, and tenth by The Ring magazine. In May 2017, Brook was ranked as the world's best active welterweight by The Ring magazine.
He held the IBF welterweight title from 2014 to 2017 and has challenged once for a unified middleweight title in 2016. At the regional level, he held the British welterweight title from 2008 to 2010. At the end of his amateur career, he won two Amateur Boxing Association of England titles and two National Association of Boys Clubs British Boxing Championships and a Gold medal in the 4 Nations.
What is Kell Brook famous for?
- Being a British professional boxer.
- For holding the IBF welterweight title from 2014 to 2017.
Where is Kell Brook from?
Kell Brook was born on 3rd May 1986 in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. His birth name is Ezekiel Brook. He holds a British nationality and belongs to the Black ethnicity. His star sign is Taurus. By religion, he is a Christian.
Brook was born into a middle-class family. His biological father's name is not known at the moment. His mother's name is Julie Thompson. His biological parents divorced when he was still a child. Then, he was raised by his mother and stepfather Terry Thompson. It was his stepfather who introduced him to boxing.
Kell Brook Boxing Career
- Kell began his amateur boxing career at the age of 12 in 1998.
- He won 31 of his 36 fights at the end of his amateur career.
- His first professional fight was a 6-round victory over Peter Buckley in 2004.
- On 14th June 2008, he won a British welterweight title, his 17th win.
- On 30 January 2009 Brook returned to the York Hall to meet former marine Stuart Elwell in a voluntary second defense.
- Brook's first fight of 2010 took place in Liverpool on 12 March 2010.
- His first contest for the promotional outfit was on 25 June 2011 at the Hillsborough Leisure Centre in Sheffield.
- On 17th March 2012, Kell Brook took his undefeated run to 27 fights by beating Matthew Hatton.
- Brook defeated Porter to win the IBF welterweight title on August 16, 2014.
- He successfully defended his IBF title after winning the bout against Frankie Gavin on 30th May 2015.
- He was defeated by a Kazakhstani professional boxer Gennady Golovkin for the unified WBC, IBF, and IBO middleweight titles on 10 September 2016, at the O2 Arena in London, England.
- On 27th May 2017, he lost a fight against Spence Junior.
- On 3rd March 2018, he defeated Sergey Rabchenko to claim the WBC Silver light-middleweight title.
- On 8th February 2020, he won a fight against Mark DeLuca for the vacant WBO Inter-Continental light-middleweight title.
- On 14 November 2020, Brook moved back down to the welterweight division and lost a fight with Terence Crawford in Paradise, Nevada for his WBO world title.
- On 19th February 2022, he won a fight against British Professional boxer Amir Khan via TKO.
Who is Kell Brook’s wife Lindsey Myers?
Kell Brook has been married to his beautiful wife Lindsey Myers. She is a British citizen and by profession, she is assumed to be a fashion designer. Moreover, she is the most loving and supportive wife as well as a great fan of Brook.
The blonde beauty attends to her husband's every fight but is normally private in her everyday life. She is believed to be of the same age as Special K and her birthday is just a week after the Sheffield boxer's on May 10.
It is not mentioned when this couple started dating or got married but the thing is that they have been together for a decade. As of now, they are blessed with three children and all are daughters. Nevaeh was born in 2012 and Estelle was welcomed three years later. Meanwhile, Vienna is believed to have recently turned three.
Kell Brook Net Worth
As of February 2022, the net worth of Kell Brook is estimated to be around £16 million. He has accumulated most of his fortune through his boxing career. As a top British boxer, he has won several matches for which he has been awarded huge money as a prize.
The best paydays of his career came against Gennady Golovkin (£3m), Errol Spence Jr (£3.5m), and then Crawford (£2m). In a fight against Amir Khan, he was paid $1 million as a guaranteed and $4 million after his 40% PPV share. It means in a year, Brook makes around a whopping £2 million to £3 million.
How tall is Kell Brook?
Kell Brook is 5 ft 9 inches tall and his body weight is around 67 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. As being a boxing player, he regularly does exercise, workouts at the gym, and fighting training which has given him a perfectly toned body that resembles sportsman-like.
This fighter has got a buzz-cut hairstyle that is black in color and his eye color is also black. He has a stubble cut-bearded style with a tight fade. He is a simple guy with no tattoo on his body part. His body measures 40-29-13 inches (Chest-Waist-Biceps).
Did You Know?
- His boxing idol is Naseem Hamed.
- He has been stabbed two times first in Sheffield in 2007 and in Tenerife (Canary Island) in 2014.
- Out of 43 fights, he has won 40 and lost 3.