Last updated on August 6th, 2023 at 10:15 am
Facts About Kevin De Bruyne
|Celebrated Name||Kevin De Bruyne|
|Age||31 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Bruyne, De Bruyne|
|Birth Name||Kevin De Bruyne|
|Place Of Birth||Drongen|
|Father||Herwig De Bruyne|
|Mother||Anna De Bruyne|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm|
|Weight||73 kg or 161 lbs|
|Net Worth||$60 million|
|Current Team||Manchester City F.C. (#17 / Midfielder), Belgium national football team (#7 / Midfielder)|
|Famous For||Being a Belgian professional footballer.|
|Best Known For||For playing as a midfielder for Premier League club Manchester City.|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Salary||$20.8 million GBP|
|Body Measurement||40-30-13.5 inches|
|Sisters||Stefanie De Bruyne|
Kevin De Bruyne is a Belgian professional football player who plays for Premier League Team, Manchester City, and the Belgian national team. His playing position is a midfielder. His shirt number/jersey number is 17 for Manchester City and 7 for Belgium National Team. He impressed the world with his skill, performance, and experience. He made his professional debut with Genk in a match against Charleroi, which his side lost by 3-0 in May 2009. In January 2014, he made his first appearance for Wolfsburg in a 3-1 home defeat to Hannover 96. He made his first appearance for Manchester City in a Premier League match against Crystal Palace. He was sent in for injured Sergio Aguero in the 25th minute of the match by Manuel Pellegrini in September 2015. In the 2017-18 season, he won the English Premier League and League Cup with Manchester City. He scored 8 goals and assisted 16 in the league in the season. He made his international start for Belgium's national team in an international friendly match against Finland in August 2010. In October 2014, he published his autobiography in collaboration with Borgerhoff & Lamberigts. On 17th June 2021, in the UEFA Euro 2020, Kevin scored a winning goal against Denmark in the 70th minute of the match-winning with a score of 2-1.
- Being widely regarded as one of the best players in the world, and he has often been described as a "complete" footballer.
- Being one of the finest playmakers in international soccer.
- Considered to be a versatile and highly talented player in the media, he plays mainly as a central or an attacking midfielder but can also operate in several other positions, and has been used as a winger or second striker; he has even been deployed in a deeper creative midfield position, or even in a box-to-box role on occasion, or as a false 9.
- Being one of the best and most complete modern-day advanced playmakers, due to his technique, skill, athleticism, work rate off the ball, vision, crossing accuracy, a wide range of passing, and powerful long-range shooting ability with either foot.
Where is Kevin De Bruyne from?
Kevin De Bruyne was born on 28th June 1991. His birthplace is Drongen, Ghent, Belgium. His nationality is Belgian and his ethnic background is Belgian-White. His sun sign is Cancer and he follows Christianity religion. As of 2020, he celebrated his 29th birthday happily. About his parents, he was born to his father, Herwig De Bruyne, and his mother, Anna De Bruyne. He also has a sister named Stefanie De Bruyne. Kevin's race is White.
How was the Football Career of Kevin De Bruyne?
- In 2008, at the age of 17, he was selected for the first-team squad in Genk and made his debut in May 2009. In 2010-11 seasons, he scored five goals and 16 assists in all 32 games in the league. Kevin scored the first hat-trick for Genk in October 2011 against club Brugge and finished the league with 8 goals in 28 matches. Kevin made his debut for Chelsea in July 2012. In August 2012, Chelsea transfer Kevin to German team Werder Bremen ahead of the Bundesliga for temporary and made his comeback to Chelsea in July 2013.
- In the 2013-14 seasons, Kevin injured his knee while scoring a goal in a match against Hull City at Premier League. His goal leads his team to victory. In January 2014, Chelsea let him go to Wolfsburg. In the 2014-15 Europa League, in the third group stage match, Kevin scored two goals against Krasnodarand in the next game against Bayern Munich. Kevin scored 10 goals and 21 assists at end of the league. In August 2015, Kevin accepts the offer of English club Manchester Club for a six-year contract. In April 2016, he made his comeback from the injury after 2 months in the UEFA Champions League and scored a goal in the semi-final, and led his team to victory. He was named as man of the match twice in September 2016. In January 2018, Manchester city announced to keep him till 2023 as per new contract has been signed.
- On 25th February 2018, he started in the 2018 EFL Cup Final against Arsenal where he played the whole 90 minutes, with Manchester City winning 3-0 to obtain their first piece of silverware of the 2017-2018 season, and their first trophy overall under Pep Guardiola. He was also voted as BBC Man of the Match and won the inaugural Premier League Playmaker of the Season award. Furthermore, he was selected in the PFA Team of the Year and was also voted as Manchester City Player of the Season.
- Kevin then suffered a knee injury during a training session on 15th August 2018 due to which he missed a lot of games. After recovering, he again suffered a knee ligament injury in the 4th round of the EFL Cup against Fulham.
- In the final Premier League match of the season, City beat Norwich City 5-0 at home. De Bruyne scored two goals in the match. His long-range curler in that game also won him Premier League Goal of the Month for the second time in the season. He was also named in the PFA Team of the Year and won the PFA Player of the Year award, becoming the first-ever Manchester City player to win it.
- He then signed a four-year contract with City on 7th April after negotiating it with help of statistical data to make case for a 30% pay increase. He had a head injury after colliding with Antonio Rüdiger in the second half of the Champions League Final on 29th May. Medical scans after the game revealed De Bruyne to have suffered acute nose bone and left orbital fractures, placing doubt on his participation in the rescheduled UEFA Euro 2020 tournament.
- On 26 April 2022, De Bruyne scored the fastest Champions League semi-final goal after 93 seconds in a 4–3 win over Real Madrid in the first leg.
- De Bruyne was again bestowed with the Premier League Player of the Season award, becoming the fourth player to win the award more than once.
- In 21-22 season In addition, he ended the season as the club's top scorer in the Premier League with 15 goals, which was also his personal best record.
- On 26 April 2023, De Bruyne scored a brace and provided an assist in a 4–1 win over Arsenal, which reduced their rival's lead at the league table to two points, with his team had two games in hand. On 9 May, he scored the equalizer for his club in a 1–1 away draw against Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-finals first leg, in which he managed to score in the same round for the third consecutive year.
- On 10 June, he played only 36 minutes in his second Champions League final, as he suffered a hamstring injury and was replaced by Phil Foden. However, Manchester City eventually won 1–0 against Inter Milan, which completed their continental treble.
How was the International Career of Kevin De Bruyne?
- Kevin started his international career on 11th August 2010 with a friendly match against Finland in Turku but they lost with a score of 1-0. He became a regular member of the Belgium team in the 2014 World Cup qualification campaign. On 13th May 2014, he was named to the squad of Belgium. Kevin assisted Marounefellaini in his first game of the tournament against Algeria and named the man of the match. He scored the first goal in a match against United State and led the team to victory. On 18th June, in the opening game of Belgium against Panama Kevin assists Romelu Lukaku.
- On 6th July 2018, Kevin scored their second goal in the match against Brazil and made a victory in the quarter-final. In the semi-finals, Belgium was defeated 1–0 by eventual champions France.
- Recently, on 17th June 2021, in the UEFA Euro 2020, Kevin scored a winning goal against Denmark in the 70th minute of the match-winning with a score of 2-1. Whereas the first goal was scored by Thorgan Hazard. Belgium will next face Finland on 22nd June.
- Manchester City on 30/08/2015 for 76M €
- VfL Wolfsburg on 18/01/2014 for 22M €
- Chelsea on 30/06/2013 at the end of the loan
- Werder Bremen on 02/08/2012 for 450k € (Loan)
- Chelsea on 30/06/2012 at the end of the loan
- KRC Genk on 01/02/2012 on loan
- Chelsea on 31/01/2012 for 8M €
- KRC Genk on 01/07/2008 From KRC Genk U19
Honors, Awards, and Achievements
- Belgian Pro League: 2010-11
- Belgian Cup: 2008-09
- Belgian Super Cup: 2011
- DFB-Pokal: 2014-15
- DFL-Supercup: 2015
- Premier League: 2017-18, 2018-19, 2020-21
- FA Cup: 2018-19
- Football League/EFL Cup: 2015-16, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21
- FA Community Shield: 2019
- UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2020-21
- FIFA World Cup third-place: 2018
- Bundesliga Young Player of the Year: 2012-13
- Bundesliga Player of the Year: 2014-15
- Bundesliga Team of the Year: 2014-15
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2014-15
- Footballer of the Year (Germany): 2015
- Belgian Sportsman of the Year: 2015
- Manchester City Player of the Season: 2015-16, 2017-18, 2019-20
- Manchester City Goal of the Season: 2019-20
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2020
- IFFHS Men's World Team: 2017, 2019, 2020
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2017, 2019, 2020
- ESM Team of the Year: 2017-18, 2019-20 2020-21
- PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2017-18, 2019-20, 2020-21
- Premier League Playmaker of the Season: 2017-18, 2019-20
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2018
- Premier League Goal of the Month: November 2019, July 2020
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2019-20
- PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2019-20, 2020-21
- UEFA Champions League Midfielder of the Season: 2019-20
- IFFHS World's Best Playmaker: 2020
- IFFHS UEFA Team of the Decade: 2011-2020
Who is Kevin De Bruyne married to?
Happily married man, Kevin De Bruyne's wife's name is Michele Lacroix. Their wedding date is June 2017. Since 2014, they are together and till now, their bond is strong. The couple is also blessed with three children, a son, Mason Milian De Bruyne on 10th March 2016, Rome De Bruyne born on 31st October 2018, and a daughter, Suri De Bruyne born in September 2020. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. Kevin loves to learn new languages so he learned different languages like French, Dutch, English, and German. His autobiography, entitled "Keep It Simple", was published by Borgerhoff & Lamberigts in October 2014.
How much is Kevin De Bruyne Net Worth?
The net worth of Kevin De Bruyne is estimated to have $45 Million as of 2021. His present market value is €100 Million and his highest market value is €150 Million as of May 2018. His annual salary is £11,960,000 from his club, Manchester City at present. Since, 2018, he is receiving the same amount of salary. Whereas his salary as of 2016 and 2017 was £7,800,000. On 30th August 2015, Manchester City announced the arrival of De Bruyne on a six-year contract, for a reported club-record fee of £55 million (€75 million), making him the second most expensive transfer in British football history after Ángel Di María's move to Manchester United in 2014. On 22nd January 2018, he signed a new long-term contract with the club, keeping him at the club until 2023. As of today, he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings. He has a personal endorsement contract with Nike, which requires him to wear Nike footwear for his professional matches. He has also appeared in a TV commercial for Nike with other soccer stars such as Neymar, Ronaldinho, Aubameyang, Andrea Pirlo, and Coutinho. He was an ambassador for the 2014 Special Olympics, which took place in Antwerp, and was involved in a controversial advertisement campaign, via his personal Instagram account. Employing the slogan (in Dutch): "Would you still be my fan if I looked like this?", De Bruyne was depicted resembling a person with Down syndrome. His major source of wealth comes from his football career. He didn’t buy his first car until 2015. His first car was a Mercedes, which he bought in preparation for the impending birth of his son. He had previously relied on club vehicles for his traveling.
How tall is Kevin De Bruyne?
Handsome footballer, Kevin De Bruyne's body type is athletic. He stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm. His balanced bodyweight consists of 73 kg or 161 lbs. His hair color is blonde and his eye color is blue. His body measurement is 40-30-13.5 inches. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Trivias About Kevin De Bruyne You Need To Know.
- Kevin De Bruyne first showed off his immense skills during his season-long loan at Werder Bremen.
- He was instrumental in City’s record-breaking Premier League win in the 2017-18 season, in which his side broke 100 points barrier for the first time in the history.
- Kevin De Bruyne is represented by Patrick De Koster.
- He has Belgian ancestry.
- In 2015, Kevin De Bruyne made his first TV show appearance on Football on 5: The EFL Cup.
- In October 2014, he published his autobiography in collaboration with Borgerhoff & Lamberigts.