Last updated on July 1st, 2022 at 08:47 am
Facts About Kevin Fiala
|Celebrated Name||Kevin Fiala|
|Age||26 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Kevin Fiala|
|Profession||Ice Hockey Player|
|Place Of Birth||St. Gallen, Switzerland|
|Source of Wealth||Ice Hockey career|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Salary||5.1 million USD per year|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||193 lb (88 kg; 13 st 11 lb)|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Kevin Fiala is a Swiss professional ice hockey left winger. He is best known for playing for the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League (NHL). He also has played internationally for the Swiss national team at several tournaments, both at the junior and senior level and has appeared in two World Championships. Kevin was ranked as one of the top European prospects for the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. Moreover, Fiala as an impending restricted free agent was traded by the Wild to the Los Angeles Kings on 29th June 2022 in exchange for defenseman Brock Faber and a first-round pick in 2022.
Kevin Fiala famous for
- Being a Swiss professional ice hockey left winger.
- For playing the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Where is Kevin Fiala from?
Kevin Fiala stepped for the very first time into the world on 22nd July 1996 in St. Gallen, Switzerland. He is Swiss by nationality and mixed by ethnicity. Likewise, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is white. Kevin has celebrated his 25th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Cancer. His father, Jan Fiala, played professional hockey in the Swiss lower leagues however, his mother's name is not known.
What teams did Kevin Fiala play for?
- Kevin Fiala began his ice hockey career playing in the 2009 Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament with the Swiss Eastern team after which he played in various junior leagues in his native Switzerland prior to joining the Swedish club Malmo Redhawks for the 2012-2013 season.
- Then he joined HV71, with whom he debuted during the 2013 European Trophy and throughout the 2013-2014 season, Fiala split time with the HV71 junior team in the J20 SuperElit and the senior team.
- He also was a finalist for the SHL's Rookie of the Year award; he finished tied for the lead among all SHL junior (under-18) players for points, with 11.
- As well, he had been one of the top scorers in the junior league, with 10 goals and 25 points in 27 games.
- Subsequently, he was ranked as one of the top European prospects for the 2014 NHL Entry Draft and was selected by the Nashville Predators 11th overall. The Predators signed him to a three-year, entry-level contract on 15th July 2014.
- He started the 2014-2015 season with HV71 but, in January he was reassigned to the Milwaukee Admirals, the Predator's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.
- Later he made his NHL debut during the season, on the 24th of March against the Montreal Canadiens.
- On 14th January 2016, he scored his first NHL goal against Connor Hellebuyck of the Winnipeg Jets and he finished the year with 50 points in 66 games.
- Fiala made the Predators opening night roster and in his rookie NHL season, he appeared in 54 games and scored 11 goals.
- Fiala was traded at the trade deadline to the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Mikael Granlund on 25th February 2019 during the 2018-2019 season. He signed a two-year extension with the Wild on 11th September 2019.
- Fiala agreed to a one-year, $5.1 million contract with the Wild on 16th August 2021.
- Kevin as an impending restricted free agent was traded by the Wild to the Los Angeles Kings on 29th June 2022 in exchange for defenseman Brock Faber and a first-round pick in 2022.
- He was immediately signed to a seven-year $55.125 million contract extension with the Kings after the trade.
- Kevin Fiala played in the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament in 2012 and 2013 as a member of the Swiss U18 national team and also skated for his country at the 2014 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships.
- He recorded one goal and four assists, as Switzerland was eliminated by Canada in the quarter-finals in five WJC games.
- He also represented Switzerland at the 2014 IIHF World Championship in Belarus, registering two assists in seven games in May 2014.
- As well, he was the third player in history to play in the under-18, World Junior, and World Championship in the same year.
- He also participated in the 2018 IIHF World Championship, where the Swiss won silver.
Who is Kevin Fiala's girlfriend?
Kevin Fiala is an unmarried man. He is in a romantic relationship with his beautiful partner Jessica Ljung. The couple got engaged on 11th June 2021. There's much love between the two and hope it will remain as same in the future too. Concerning Fiala's sexual orientation, he is straight.
Kevin Fiala's salary, contract, net worth
Kevin Fiala is a talented man who has a net worth of $1.5 million as of 2022 whereas he has also a fine amount of salary which is around 5.1 million USD per year. With his calm and easy-going personality, he is expected to get more popular in the coming years. Kevin's major source of income is his ice hockey career and he is sincere in his work.
How tall is Kevin Fiala?
Kevin Fiala is 5 ft 10 in (178 cm) tall and his body weighs around 193 lb (88 kg; 13 st 11 lb). He has dark brown hair and eye color. Besides, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Kevin Fiala You Need To Know.
- Fiala initially started the 2014-2015 season with HV71.
- He scored his first NHL goal on 14th January 2016, against Connor Hellebuyck of the Winnipeg Jets.
- Fiala is a native of St. Gallen, Switzerland, although both his parents are Czech.
- His father, Jan, played professional hockey in the Swiss lower leagues.
- Fiala is a polyglot and speaks five languages: Czech, English, French, German, and Swedish.