Kevin Nash - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Parents, Facts, Height, Awards
Kevin Nash is an American actor and retired professional wrestler, currently signed to WWE under a legends contract. He is best known for his tenures with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and World Championship Wrestling (WCW). He started his career with WCW but moved to WWE and TNA later in his career. He is known to his fans by several names, including Diesel and The Master Blaster. He also wrestled under his real name and was part of the famous wrestling group New World Order.
Along with winning won 20 major championships, including six world championships (five WCW World Heavyweight Championships and one WWF Championship) and twelve world tag team championships (including one in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling), he is also an accomplished actor who has starred in films such as The Punisher (2004), Almighty Thor (2011), Monster Brawl (2011), The Manor (2017), and has also appeared on TV shows like Nikki (2000-2001). He was inducted individually into the WWE Hall of Fame class of 2015 and in 2020 as a nWo member alongside Hogan, Hall, and Waltman.
What is Kevin Nash Famous For?
- Kevin Nash is a former American wrestler and actor.
- Kevin is famous for his wrestling career in 'WWF' (World Wrestling Federation, later 'WWE'), 'TNA' (Total Nonstop Action Wrestling), and 'WCW' (World Championship Wrestling).
What is Kevin Nash's Real Name?
Kevin Nash took birth on July 9, 1959, to a devout Christian family in southwest Detroit, Michigan, USA. His real name is Kevin Scott Nash. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. He is the son of Robert Nash (Who died on April 4, 1968), and Wanda Nash (Who died on December 27, 1994). His dad died of a heart attack at the age of 36 when he was only 8 years old. His mum dies after a four-year struggle against breast cancer. He is the only child born to his parents. He celebrated his 63rd birthday in 2022. As per his birthdate, Cancer is his zodiac sign.
Regarding his educational qualification, Kevin went to Aquinas High School. When he was in his senior season in high school, he was declared to be the second-best prep basketball player in Michigan. He then attended the University of Tennessee and majored in psychology, with educational philosophy as his minor subject. He played basketball for the University of Tennessee after which he played professionally for a German Bundesliga squad for a brief period until a knee injury forced him to stop pursuing basketball as his career.
Kevin Nash Career Timeline
- World Championship Wrestling Kevin debuted in World Championship Wrestling (WCW) as the orange-mohawked "Steel," one-half of the tag team known as The Master Blasters. He made his debut at the Clash of the Champions XII on September 5, 1990, defeating Brad Armstrong and Tim Horner partnering with Master Blaster Iron. On September 22, Nash's partner Master Blaster Iron was replaced by "Blade."
- Later, he was rebranded as simply The Master Blaster in February 1991 and suffered his first singles defeat on February 27, 1991, when he was pinned by The Junkyard Dog. His final match in this guise was against Pillman at a house show on May 12.
- On 19th May, he reappeared under his new gimmick, having been repackaged as the silver-haired Oz, a character based on the Wizard of Oz from the 1900 children's book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. On October 27, he lost to Bill Kazmaier at Halloween Havoc. He then wrestled as Oz throughout the remainder of 1991.
- Then, he was repackaged as Vinnie Vegas, a wisecracking pseudo-mobster based on Steve Martin's character in the 1990 film My Blue Heaven on 21st January 1992 at Clash of the Champions XVIII.
World Wrestling Federation
- In 1993, he left WCW to join WWF with the help of Shawn Michaels. He was given the nickname Diesel and formed an onscreen partnership with Michaels. He made his WWF debut at a house show on June 6, 1993, by assisting Michaels in defeating Marty Jannetty for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. From 1993-1995, his career thrived at WWF winning many championship titles. He also formed an offscreen, backstage group called The Kliq with his real-life wrestling friends.
Return to WCW
- In 1996, he left WWF and returned to WCW with his friend, Razor Ramon (Scott Hall), sending shockwaves across the professional wrestling scene. They debuted as the group The Outsiders and were later joined by Hulk Hogan to form the legendary group nWo (New World Order).
- Through late 1996 and into 1997, Nash normally teamed with Hall as the Outsiders, and they held the WCW World Tag Team Championship. In May 1999, he won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship for the second time by defeating Diamond Dallas Page at Slamboree. From 1997-2001, he continued wrestling at WCW and won several titles.
Return to WWF/E
- In 2002, Nash returned to WWE along with his nWo buddies, Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall. On the July 15 episode of Raw, the nWo was officially disbanded by Vince McMahon as Eric Bischoff became Raw general manager.
- His last match in WWE was at SummerSlam in an Elimination Chamber match for the World Heavyweight Championship against Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Goldberg, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton. He then stepped away from in-ring action and underwent neck surgery.
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- In 2004, he left WWE to join TNA. debuted in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling alongside the returning Scott Hall on November 7, 2004, at the inaugural monthly TNA pay-per-view, Victory Road, with the duo helping NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett retain his title in a ladder match with Jeff Hardy.
- Hall left TNA in early 2005, and returned to TNA on October 1 for the first episode of Impact! on Spike TV, attacking and powerbombing Jarrett. He made a partial return to the ring in December 2005, wrestling several matches on a tour of South Africa.
- He continued working with TNA on and off until 2010.
- From 2011 to 2018, he continued working with independent promotions like Gathering of the Juggalos, Independent circuit, All Japan Pro Wrestling, Global Force Wrestling, and more & made his return to WWE for the Raw Reunion show on July 22, 2019. On December 9, 2019, it was announced that Nash would be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame (2020 Class) for a second time as a member of nWo, together with Hogan, Hall, and Sean Waltman.
- He retired on 5th January 2020 from a professional wrestling career.
Other Media Career
- Nash, in 1991, made his acting debut in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. He also had a very minor role as a jackhammer worker in the 1998 movie Family Plan.
- He created and co-wrote a comic book titled "Nash" in 1999. He was the first choice for the role of Sabretooth in "X-Men", but the role ultimately went to his former tag team partner Tyler Mane.
- Likewise, he appeared in a fight scene as The Russian in the 2004 film "The Punisher."
- He made guest appearances in three different TV shows. He appeared in one episode each of The Love Boat: The Next Wave (episode "Captains Courageous") and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (episode "The Crucible") and in two episodes of Nikki as The Big Easy (episodes "Gimme Shelter" and "Stealing Nikki").
- He appeared on Fox's show "Brothers" in 2009. In 2012, he played a male stripper in Magic Mike and reprised the role in the 2015 sequel "Magic Mike XXL". In 2017, he appeared as Big Hank Cramblin on "Detroiters."
- He has also appeared in other movies including Grandma's Boy in 2006, Almighty Thor in 2011, Rock of Ages in 2012, John Wick in 2014, The Assault in 2017, Chick Fight in 2020, COVID:19 Invasion in 2021, and Dog in 2022.
Kevin Nash Awards and Achievements
Big Time Wrestling
- BTW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- CP World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Match of the Year (1995) vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XI
- Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (1994)
- Tag Team of the Year (1997) with Scott Hall
- Wrestler of the Year (1995)
- Ranked No. 1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1995
- Ranked No. 59 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the PWI Years in 2003
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- TNA Legends Championship (2 times)
- TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Eric Young and Scott Hall
- Feast or Fired (2009 – TNA World Tag Team Championship contract)
World Championship Wrestling
- WCW World Heavyweight Championship (5 times)
- WCW World Tag Team Championship (9 times) – with Scott Hall (6), Sting (1), and Diamond Dallas Page (2)
- World War 3 (1998)
- Cannonball Champion of Spring Break (1998)
World Wrestling Federation/WWE
WWF Championship (1 time)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
WWF Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Shawn Michaels
WWE Hall of Fame (2 times)
- Class of 2015 – individually
- Class of 2020 – as a member of the New World Order
Slammy Award (4 times)
- MVP (1994)
- Best Tag Team (1994) – with Shawn Michaels
- Worst Tag Team (1994) – with Shawn Michaels
- Most Predictable Outcome of the Year (2011) – Performing a powerbomb on Santino Marella
Third Triple Crown Champion
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Best Gimmick (1996) as a member of New World Order
- Most Improved (1994)
- Most Overrated (1999, 2000)
- Readers' Least Favorite Wrestler (2000)
- Worst Feud of the Year (2011) vs. Triple H
- Worst Gimmick (1991) as Oz
- Worst Wrestler (1999, 2000)
Who is Kevin Nash married to?
Kevin Nash is a married man. He tied the knot to his beautiful wife, Tamara Nash on 29 October 1988. They got separated in 2000 and again reconciled shortly after. They have a son named Tristen (b. June 12, 1996) who is a solo musician and poet. On October 20, 2022, Tristen died from cardiac arrest that had been triggered by a seizure as a result of alcohol withdrawal syndrome, he was 26 years old. On March 2, 2016, Nash announced he will donate his brain to the CTE Center at Boston University and the Concussion Legacy Foundation after his death. The announcement came on the same day that women's soccer star Brandi Chastain said she was doing the same thing. He was the only child of Kevin and Tamara. His sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Kevin Nash's Net Worth?
Kevin Nash is a retired wrestler and actor whose net worth is estimated to have $8 million as of 2023. He began his professional wrestling career with a debut at the World Championship Wrestling and wrestled for more than twenty years before his retirement. He annually earns about $200,000 from WWE. He was among the highest-paid wrestlers in the 2000s. Likewise, he is also making a cool sum of money via the entertainment industry as an actor appearing in The Longest Yard, Rock of Ages, and Magic Mike. He owns a house in Wilbour, by the sea in Florida. He owns several cars and also can be seen driving Ford Bronco bought in 1993. He has promoted several brands such as G-Code, and Stroh's. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
How tall is Kevin Nash?
Kevin Nash is a cool actor and wrestler whose body type is muscular. He has a got a towering height of 6 ft 10 in or 208 cm. Likewise, his body weight measures 149 kg or 328.5 lbs. His hair color is light brown naturally but his hair has turned gray due to his advancing age. He has a pair of green eyes. He has inked tattoos on his right arm.
Trivias About Kevin Nash You Need To Know.
- He lost a “hair match” to Chris Jericho in August 2003.
- He got inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2015.
- With his basketball career over, Nash enlisted in the U.S. Army and was assigned to the 202nd Military Police Company in Giessen, West Germany.
- His zodiac sign is Cancer.
- He is also known by the ring names Diesel, Chet Lemon and Oz.
- He and Hulk Hogan are two of the founding members of the nWo promotion.
- He has been outspoken about supporting gay wrestlers in the business.