Kevin-Prince Boateng - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Contract, Height
Kevin-Prince Boateng is a German-Ghanian professional footballer. His playing position is a midfielder or forward. He is currently playing for the team, Hertha BSC (Bundesliga club). Born in Germany, he represented the Ghana national team. He began his career at Hertha BSC, before joining Tottenham Hotspur, Borussia Dortmund on loan, and Portsmouth. He joined Serie A side AC Milan in 2010 and next joined Schalke 04. In January 2016 he returned to Milan and moved to Las Palmas. In 2017, he played for Eintracht Frankfurt before joining the Italian side Sassuolo. After a short loan to Barcelona, he joined Fiorentina. In January 2020 he was sent on a six-month loan to the Turkish side of Beşiktaş, and in September 2020 he moved to Monza. On 23 June 2021, Boateng returned to Hertha BSC. He has represented Ghana at the senior level 15 times between 2010 and 2014-scoring two goals-and represented them at the 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cups. Kevin-Prince Boateng has signed a contract extension at Hertha Berlin and, to recognise that agreement, is offering 2,023 free kebabs to supporters of the Bundesliga club.
What is Kevin-Prince Boateng Famous For?
- Being a professional footballer.
- Playing as a midfielder or forward for Bundesliga club Hertha BSC.
Where is Kevin-Prince Boateng From?
Kevin-Prince Boateng took birth on 6th March 1987. He is from Berlin, Germany. He holds dual nationality (German and Ghanian). His ethnicity is mixed as he is of German descent on his mother’s side and Ghanaian descent on his father’s side. His zodiac sign is Pisces and his religion is Christianity. He was born to his father, Prince Boateng, and his mother, Christine Rahn. He also has a sibling; George Boateng aka BTNG (Older Brother) (Rapper, Musician). He is the older, paternal half-brother of fellow professional footballer Jérôme Boateng.
Kevin-Prince Boateng Career Timeline
- He started his club career with the club Reinickendorfer Füchse in early 1994 when he was only six.
- He then signed for Hertha BSC on 1t July 1994 at the age of seven, first playing for them on 31 July 2007 when he was 20 years old.
- He played for Hertha BSC II for two seasons and later, he was promoted to the Hertha first-team squad in the 2005–06 season.
- He made his first-team debut in a 2–0 win against Eintracht Frankfurt on 13th August 2005 at the Olympic Stadium.
- He started his first Bundesliga match in a 2–2 draw against Borussia Mönchengladbach in the 14th round of the Bundesliga season.
- He then signed a four-year contract with Tottenham Hotspur in July 2007 for a reported £5.4 million.
- Next, he was loaned to Borussia Dortmund in January 2009 for the remainder of the season.
- He made ten Bundesliga appearances during his loan.
- He was signed by the club, Portsmouth on a three-year contract in August 2009 for a reported fee of around £4 million.
- He scored his first goal for the club against Bolton Wanderers on 12th September 2009.
- On 17th August 2010, Boateng transferred to Italian Serie A club Genoa on a three-year contract for €5.75 million, (a reported €5.7 million-plus the transfer of Anthony Vanden Borre, despite the latter deal falling through) and then he immediately joined AC Milan on loan. The deal later became a co-ownership deal in the same transfer window for €5.25 million.
- Milan signed Boateng permanently from Genoa in June 2011 for €7 million on a four-year contract due to expire in June 2015.
- On 30th August 2013, Milan announced that Boateng had been transferred to German Bundesliga club Schalke 04 for a €10 million transfer fee on a four-year contract due to expire in June 2017.
- He next made his debut for Schalke 04 in a 2–0 victory against Bayer Leverkusen.
- His contract with Schalke was terminated on 8th December 2015.
- He re-joined Milan on 5th January 2016 on a free transfer and signed a six-month contract. He made his official return debut on 9 January 2016.
- Next, he signed an agreement with the club, Las Palmas, and made his debut on 22 August 2016 in a 4–2 away win against Valencia at the Mestalla Stadium.
- On 16th August 2017, Las Palmas announced that Boateng had canceled his contract with the club by mutual consent, citing "irreversible personal reasons" for the decision.
- He completed his move to Eintracht Frankfurt on a three-year deal, where he won the DFB-Pokal on 18th August 2017.
- He next signed with Sassuolo on a three-year deal on 5th July 2018.
- Later, he joined the Spanish La Liga club Barcelona on 21 January 2019 on loan until the end of the 2018–19 season with the club holding an option to sign him permanently for an €8 million transfer fee.
- He made his club debut on 23 January, in a 2–0 away defeat to Sevilla.
- Then, he signed with ACF Fiorentina on 30th July 2019 and made his debut for the club on 24 August in the opening game of the 2019–20 Serie A season.
- After that, he joined the Turkish Süper Lig club Beşiktaş on loan for the remainder of the 2019–20 season on 31st January 2020.
- He moved to newly promoted Serie B side Monza on a one-year contract on 28th September 2020.
- On 23rd June 2021, he returned to Hertha BSC.
- Regarding his international career, he played for the German national youth team as he holds a German passport.
- In February 2009, Boateng was called up to the Germany U21 team by new coach Horst Hrubesch for the international match against the Republic of Ireland in Cork.
- Later, he received a Ghanaian passport and began his senior international football career by attending training with the national side, "The Black Stars".
- He was selected as part of the Ghana squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa by head coach Milovan Rajevac.
- In November 2011, he announced his international retirement, citing fatigue from travel at the age of 24 years, thus missing the chance to contest the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.
- Next, he was selected for Ghana's 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification play-offs against Egypt on 1st October 2013.
- He was named in Ghana's squad for the World Cup finals on 2nd June 2014.
Awards and Achievements
- Serie A: 2010–11
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2011
- Coppa Italia runner-up: 2015–16
- DFB-Pokal: 2017–18
- La Liga: 2018–19
- Fritz Walter Medal U18 bronze: 2005
- Fritz Walter Medal U19 gold: 2006
- Das Erste Goal of the Month: 2005
- Serie A Team of the Year: 2010–11
Who is Kevin-Prince Boateng Wife?
Kevin-Prince Boateng is a married man and he tied the knot to his long-term girlfriend turned wife, Valentina Fradegrada in June 2022. They started dating in 2021. They are enjoying their present life a lot. His sexual orientaiton is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, he married Jennifer in 2007 and the couple parted ways in 2011. They have a son together named Jermaine-Prince Boateng. After that, he dated Italian TV presenter, model, and former showgirl Melissa Satta in November 2011. The couple got engaged in July 2012. They have a son together named Maddox Prince Boateng (b. April 2014) and they got married in June 2016. The pair separated in January 2019 before reuniting later that year. In December 2020, they announced their divorce via social media.
How much is Kevin-Prince Boateng Net Worth?
Kevin-Prince Boateng is a professional football player. The net worth of Kevin-Prince Boateng is estimated to have $20 Million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from the football profession and he is satisfied with his earnings. Today, he is living a lavish lifestyle from his earnings. More details about his annual earnings and endorsement have not been revealed by him.
How tall is Kevin-Prince Boateng?
Kevin-Prince Boateng stands at the perfect height of 6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm and his bodyweight consist of 77 kg or 170 lbs. His hair color is black and his eye color is dark brown. Boateng has a tattoo of the map of Ghana and the country's name on his arm. Across his ribs, he has the Chinese words for clan, health, love, success, and trust, and he has other tattoos on his upper body. His body type is athletic.
Trivias About Kevin-Prince Boateng You Need To Know.
- Boateng says he speaks Turkish, German, English and Italian, and understands French and Arabic.
- He holds dual nationality.
- He is the nephew of Yaw Boateng Gyan who is the former National Organizer of the NDC.
- In February 2013, Boateng was appointed as the first global ambassador for the FIFA anti-discrimination taskforce, to work alongside FIFA Vice-president Jeffrey Webb at FIFA headquarters.
- Boateng is a keen singer and dancer.
- In August 2018, he released a rap song under the alias PRIN$$ Boateng named King on the World Star Hip Hop channel. released his second single, Bella Vita, in July 2019.