Facts About Kevin Volland
|Celebrated Name||Kevin Volland|
|Age||30 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Kevin Volland|
|Place Of Birth||Marktoberdorf, Germany|
|Awards||2015 UEFA European U21 Championship Sliver Boot.|
|Height||5 ft. 10 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||€8 Million|
|Links||Facebook Twitter Instagram|
Kevin Volland is a German professional football player who plays for Monaco as a winger or sometimes a striker. He started playing football for the youth team of FC Thalgofen in 1995 and also has played for the youth team of FC Memmingen, TSG Thannhausen, and 1860 Munich. He made his competitive debut for 1860 Munich on 14 August 2010. He played his first match for the senior team in the 2. Bundesliga on 26 September 2010. In January 2011, he signed a contract with 1899 Hoffenheim, but initially remained in Munich and played one more season for the club. At the start of the 2012-13 season, he joined 1899 Hoffenheim and established himself as a regular in the squad. On 20 May 2016, he joined Bayer Leverkusen on a five-year deal for a club-record transfer fee of €18 million and scored his first goals for the club on 26 October 2016. On 2 September 2020, he signed a contract with Monaco until 2024.
On the international level, he has represented Germany at various age levels. He has represented Germany at U17, U18, U19, U20, U21, and the senior level. He made his senior international team debut in May 2014.
What is Kevin Volland Famous For?
- Being a professional football player.
- Won the 2015 UEFA European U21 Championship Silver Boot.
Where is Kevin Volland From?
Kevin Volland was born on 30 July 1992. His birthplace is Marktoberdorf, Germany. He was born to his mother, Anita Volland, and his father, Andreas Volland where he grew up with his brother, Robin Volland, and his sister, Jenny Volland. He holds German nationality. He belongs to the white ethnicity. His religion is Catholic. His horoscope sign is Leo.
Kevin Volland Football Career Timeline
- He started playing football for the youth team of FC Thalgofen in 1995 and also has played for the youth team of FC Memmingen, TSG Thannhausen, and 1860 Munich.
- At the start of the 2012-13 season, 1860 coach Reiner Maurer promoted him to the professional squad of TSV 1860 and made his competitive debut for 1860 Munich on 14 August 2010 in the cup match in Verl.
- He played his first match for the senior team in the 2. Bundesliga on 26 September 2010 coming off the bench against FC Augsburg.
- In January 2011, he signed a contract with 1899 Hoffenheim, but initially remained in Munich and played one more season for the club.
- On 21 January 2011, while playing in Osnabruck, he scored his first competitive goal for the 1860s 2. Bundesliga squad and found himself in the starting line-up for the remaining fifteen matches of the season.
- From 2010-2012, he scored 20 goals in 57 league matches for 1860, while contributing a further goal in three cup matches.
- At the start of the 2012-13 season, he finally joined 1899 Hoffenheim.
- On 3 November 2012, he scored his first Bundesliga goal in his tenth competitive match for Hoffenheim in a victory over Schalke 04 and established himself as a regular in the squad.
- In the 2012-13 season, he scored six goals and provided a further 12 assists.
- During the 2013-14 season, he improved his scoring total, registering nine goals and contributing a further eight assists. As a reward for his strong start with the club, Hoffenheim extended his contract on 28 July 2013, through 2017.
- On 22 August 2015, he equalled the record for the fastest goal in Bundesliga history with a ninth-second opener in a 2-1 loss to champions Bayern Munich.
- From 2012-2016, he made 132 appearances and scored 33 goals for 1899 Hoffenheim.
- On 20 May 2016, he joined Bayer Leverkusen on a five-year deal for a club-record transfer fee of €18 million.
- He scored his first goals for the club on 26 October 2016 in a 2-2 penalty shoot-out loss against 3. Liga side Sportfreunde Lotte in the DFB Pokal.
- From 2016-2020, he made 115 appearances and scored 44 goals for Bayer Leverkusen.
- On 2 September 2020, he signed a contract with Monaco until 2024 and made his debut for the club on 13 September 2020 in a 2-1 win against FC Nantes.
- On 20 November 2020, he scored twice and gave an assist in a 3-2 win over Paris Saint-Germain.
Kevin Volland International Career
- He has represented Germany at various age levels.
- He has represented Germany at U17, U18, U19, U20, U21, and the senior level.
- On 16 October 2008, he made his debut in German colors, in the starting line-up for the German U17 squad featuring against the U17 Czech Republic team.
- In the fall of 2009, he was recalled to the German squad for the 2009 FIFA U17 World Cup in Nigeria. He came on in the final group match against Honduras, where he scored his first goal for the German U17 team and would also feature in the Round of 16 loss to eventual tournament winners, Switzerland.
- By July 2009, he received his first call-up to the German U18 squad. He played in all three matches for Germany, scoring against the U20 Northern Ireland selection, the U19 United States squad, and the Bulgarian U20 squad in the Northern Ireland Milk Cup.
- During the summer of 2010, he was called up to the German U19 squad. He made his debut for the team on 18 August 2010, in a match against Belgium. He scored his first on 3 September 2010 against the Netherlands.
- On 31 August 2011, he played his first match for the German U20 squad where he also scored his first goal. He made his U21 debut on 29 February 2012 when he came off the bench in a match against Greece.
- In June 2015, he captained the U21 team at the 2015 European Championship in the Czech Republic, starting all four matches. He was awarded the Silver Boot as second-highest goalscorer with two goals and one assist and was also included in the Team of the Tournament.
- On 8 May 2014, he was called up to the German national team for the first time and made his debut in a friendly goalless draw against Poland on 14 May 2014.
- He was also included in Germany's preliminary 30-man roster for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, however, he did not make the final 23-man squad, who went on to win the World Cup Final.
- On 11 November 2016, he scored his first-ever goal for Germany in an 8-0 win against San Marino in a 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification.
Kevin Volland Wife
Looking at his personal life, Kevin Volland is a married guy. He got married to his long-term girlfriend, Katja Fichtl in June 2017. On 18 March 2018, the couple celebrated the birth of their first child, a daughter, who they named Emilia Volland. He is having an intimate relationship with his love and daughter where they are living their life happily together.
Kevin Volland Height and Weight
Kevin Volland stands at a height of 1.79m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 85kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color and hair color are dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Kevin Volland Net Worth and Salary
Kevin Volland earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. In 2012, he joined 1899 Hoffenheim. In 2016, he joined Bayer Leverkusen on a five-year deal for a club-record transfer fee of €18 million. In 2020, he signed a contract with Monaco until 2024. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is €8 million and his salary is €2.6 million, while his market value is around €28 million.
Trivias About Kevin Volland You Need To Know.
- He started playing football at the age of 3.
- He wears shirt number 31 for Monaco.
- 2015 UEFA European U21 Championship Sliver Boot.