Last updated on January 3rd, 2021 at 10:50 am
Facts About Keyon Harrold
|42 Years Old
|Keyon Karim Harrold
|Place Of Birth
|Famous for his work as a trumpeter on "Miles Ahead".
|Best Known For
|Known for his work with Jay-Z, Beyonce, Common, etc
|College / University
|The New School of Jazz.
|Keyon Harrold Jr
|Married and Divorced
|Rebecca Lee Sanchez
|5ft 6 inches
Keyon Harrold is an American jazz trumpeter, vocalist, songwriter, and producer who is well known for his marvelous work with popular celebrities including Jay Z, Beyonce, 50 Cent, and many others. Having his career started as a professional trumpeter with Common, he has come a long way up becoming one of the best trumpeters even a vocalist, songwriter, and producer in his decade-long career.
He is also known for playing trumpet in a soundtrack of a popular biopic, "Miles Ahead", which earned the movie a Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media.
Recently, Harrold was in the news when a video of a woman alleging his 14-year-old son had stolen her iPhone at the Arlo SoHo Hotel in New York City on December 26, 2020, went viral on social media sites. Without any evidence, the woman scratched him and so did the manager as he supported the accuser without any grounds. Later, they were proven innocent as the woman's phone was later returned by an Uber driver, whose car she had left it in.
The incident left him with no choice rather file a harassment complaint against the woman. Besides, he is active on Instagram: @keyonharrold with over 100k followers.
What is Keyon Harrold Famous for?
- Famous for his work as a trumpeter on "Miles Ahead".
- Known for his work with Jay-Z, Beyonce, Common, etc.
Where was Keyon Harrold Born?
Keyon Harrold was born on November 18, 1980, in Ferguson, Missouri, United States. His birth name is Keyon Karim Harrold. His nationality is American. Harrold belongs to Black ethnicity while Scorpio is his zodiac sign.
Born and raised as one of the 16 children in a family of musicians, Harrold had an interest in music since his childhood. His grandfather was a retired police officer who later founded the local group, "Drum & Bugle Corps". Keyon was also a member of the group who started learning trumpet and slowly began to love trumpet making it a part of his career.
In search of his passion, at the young age of 18, Keyon left Ferguson and went to New York City to pursue his musical career and graduated from the New York-based The New School of Jazz. Soon after his graduation, he got to tour with several musicians around the world.
Keyon Harrold Career Highlights
- Keyon Harrold's first professional work was as a trumpeter with popular rapper and actor, Common.
- Harrold also performed as part of Charles Tolliver's big band on the studio album, "With Love"(2006). He also performed in the concert release, "Emperor March: Live At The Blue Note"(2007).
- During the time, he also began to provide instrumentation for recordings by JAY-Z, Beyoncé, 50 Cent, J. Bilge, Maxwell, Mac Miller, and many others.
- As a part of Common's Tiny Desk Concert, he even performed at The White House for NPR in 2016.
- Harrold got his biggest win when a soundtrack of the movie, "Miles Ahead" in which he supplied all of the trumpeters won a Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media.
- In 2009, he released his first solo album titled "Introducing Keyon Harrold". Almost 8 later, in 2019, he released a follow-up, "The Magician" on September 29, 2017.
- He has also gone on tour with other musicians; "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour", Rihanna, Eminem, Gregory Porter.
- On August 16, 2019, he appeared on WNYC's "All Of It" alongside Freddie Stone.
- Harrold contributed to the live-streamed recording of the singer Bilal's EP "VOYAGE-19" in August 2020.
Keyon Harrold Wife and Children
Keyon Harrold is the father of his only son, Keyon Harrold Jr(b. 2006), who just turned 14 years in 2020. His son is also following the same path as his father as he is also a drummer, a musician, and also a producer.
Recently, on December 26, 2020, his son was accused of stealing a woman's iPhone at the Arlo Hotel while being completely unarmed with any evidence. However, everything was under control as Harrold and his son were proved innocent and were supported by many people.
Besides, Harrold is also seen to be dating a woman named Rebecca Lee Sanchez as he posted a photo of the couple together in February 2020.
Keyon Harrold Net Worth
Keyon Harrold has quite good earnings from his professional career as a musician. Having his career started as a trumpeter in the early 2000s, Harrold hasn't just wasted his time but has worked even harder achieving the success that he has done in his decade long career. His net worth is estimated to be around $1.5 million.
Keyon Harrold Height
Keyon Harrold is a good-looking man with an average body physique in his 40s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inch. while his body weighs around 85kg. He has a black complexion with black hair and brown eyes.
Trivias About Keyon Harrold You Need To Know.
- Keyon Harrold is a married and divorced man.
- His wife Kat Harrold gave birth to their son Keyon Harrold Jr. was born in 2006.