Kim Cattrall - Bio, Net Worth, Life Story, Married, Husband, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Height, Siblings, Wiki, Career, Awards, Facts, Kids
Kim Cattrall is a British-born Canadian-American actress who is well-known for her role as Samantha Jones on HBO's television sitcom, "Sex and the City"(1998–2004). Having her career started in 1975 with her debut movie, "Rosebud", Cattrall has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the most appreciated and popular actresses of her time.
She came to prominence in the 1980s with popular films; "Ticket to Heaven"(1981), "Police Academy"(1984), "Big Trouble in Little China"(1986), "Midnight Crossing"(1988).
Cattrall also has appeared in the 1986 Broadway production of Michael Frayn's "Wild Honey" later in Shakespeare's "Antony and Cleopatra". She also has starred and served as executive producer on the HBO Canada series, "Sensitive Skin". In 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Cattrall became a U.S. Citizen and was able to vote in the 2020 presidential election.
What is Kim Cattrall Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Samantha Jones in "Sex and the City".
Where was Kim Cattrall Born?
Kim Cattrall was born on August 21, 1956, in Mossley Hill, Liverpool, England. Her birth name is Kim Victoria Cattrall. Her nationality is British. Cattrall belongs to White ethnicity while Leo is her zodiac sign.
Kim Cattrall was born as the daughter of Gladys Shane(mother) and Dennis Cattrall(father). Her father, Dennis worked as a construction engineer, while her mother Glayds worked as a secretary. She has three siblings; a brother Chris Cattrall and two sisters, Lisa and Cherry.
When she was just three months old, her family emigrated to Canada and settled in Courtenay, British Columbia. She later returned to Liverpool at age of 11, when her grandmother became sick.
During the time, she took acting examinations at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, shortly after she returned to Canada, and moved to New York City at the age of 16 for her first acting role.
Five years later, she graduated from Georges P. Vanier Secondary School in 1972. She then attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and signed a five-year film deal with director Otto Preminger.
Kim Cattrall's Career Highlights
- Kim Cattrall started her professional career as an actress with her film debut in Preminger's action thriller, "Rosebud"(1975).
- She then went on to play the female lead in an episode of each of the television shows, "Columbo" and "Starsky and Hutch".
- She also made cameo appearances in television shows; "The Incredible Hulk", "How the West Was Won", "Vega$" and "Charlie's Angels".
- She got her initial breakthrough when she starred opposite Jack Lemmon in the Oscar-nominated film, "Tribute"(1980), for the role of Sally Haines.
- She appeared in other acclaimed movies, "Ticket to Heaven", as P.E. teacher Miss Honeywell in "Porky's" and also "Police Academy"
- In 1985, she starred in three films: "Turk 182", "City Limits" and "Hold-Up".
- With the release of "Mannequin" in 1987, her popularity further increased.
- Followed up by movies; "Masquerade," "The Return of the Musketeers", "Palais Royale" and "The Bonfire of the Vanities".
- She was also cast as Lieutenant Valeris in "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country" in 1991 which was much appreciated.
- She also worked as a stage actress in Arthur Miller's "A View from the Bridge" and Anton Chekhov's "Three Sisters" and "Wild Honey".
- Cattrall got her biggest breakthrough when she was cast as Samantha Jones in "Sex and the City" in 1997. She remained in the show for over 7 years till 2004.
- She also has made appearances in television films and miniseries, such as ‘Double Vision’, ‘Wild Palms’, ‘Dream On’, ‘Two Golden Balls.
- She has appeared in Britney Spears' first film venture, "Crossroads".
- In 2005, she played the role of ice skating coach Tina Harwood in the Disney film, "Ice Princess".
- She portrayed Claire in the West End drama revival of "Whose Life Is It Anyway?".
- In 2010, she starred as Amelia Bly in Roman Polanski's film, "The Ghost Writer".
- In 2020, Cattrall returned to the TV playing the role of Margaret Montreaux and also serving as a producer in the Fox drama, "Filthy Rich".
Kim Cattrall Awards
- Women in Film Crystal and Lucy Award
- 2 Screen Actors Guild Award
- 2 Golden Raspberry Award
- GLAAD Media Award
- Golden Globe Award
- Honored with the Icon Award at the 2020 Atlanta TV festival.
- Honored with the Cosmopolitan UK Ultimate Women Of The Year Awards
- NBC Universal Canada Award of Distinction
Kim Cattrall's Husband
Kim Cattrall has been married three times however she has no children. Her first marriage was with Larry Davis with whom she got married in 1977 but their marriage was annulled two years later in 1979. Her second marriage was with Andre J. Lyson with whom she got married in 1982 and lived together in Frankfurt, where she learned to speak German fluently
After seven years of their marriage, the couple divorced in 1987 and she stayed single for almost nine years then after.
Her third marriage was with audio designer and jazz bassist Mark Levinson with whom she got married on September 4, 1998. The couple was together for six years until they divorced in the year 2004. The couple even had co-written the book, "Satisfaction: The Art of the Female Orgasm"(2002).
Cattrall briefly dated former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, also had been linked with actor Daniel Benzali, musician Gerald Casale, French intellectual Bernard-Henri Lévy, and her co-star Alexander Siddig.
Kim Cattrall's Net Worth
Kim Cattrall has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started initially with the action thriller, "Rosebud" in 1975, Cattrall has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses in her decade-long career.
Her source of income is surely her appearances in movies and series and also the producer of few series. Including her income, she has an estimated net worth estimated to be around $60 million.
Back in 1998, she bought East Hampton cottage for just $420,000 which she recently sold aat$2.9 million.
Kim Cattrall's Height
Kim Cattrall is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained hour-glass body physique even in her 60s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inches.(1.69m) while her body weighs around 65kg.
Her body measurement is around 34-26-36 inches with a bra size of 34B, 4(US) as her dress size, and 6(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and brown eyes.