Facts About Kim Yo-jong
|35 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Pyongyang, North Korea
|Kim Jong-un, Kim Jong-nam and Kim Sol-song
|Liebefeld Hessgut public school
|College / University
|Kim Il-sung University
|1.65 m ( 5 feet and 4 inches)
|51 kg (112.5 lbs)
|Sister of the current leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un
Kim Yo-jong is the North Korean politician. She is the granddaughter of the first Supreme Leader of North Korea, Kim Il-sung, daughter of the second Supreme Leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-il, and sister of the current supreme leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un. She is considered to be a potential successor to her brother, Kim Jong-un. Since 2014, she is serving as First Deputy Director and de facto leader of the Propaganda and Agitation Department of Workers' Party of Korea (WPK). Besides, she is also an alternate member of Politburo of the Workers' Party of Korea. North Korea maintains its information private regarding ever aspects including political affairs, governance, human rights.
What is Kim Yo-jong Famous For?
- Sister of the current leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un.
Where was Kim Yo-jong Born?
Kim Yo-jong was born on 26 September 1987. Her birth place is in Pyongyang in North Korea. She holds a North Korean nationality. She was born to a father, Kim Jong-il, and a mother, Ko Yong-hui. Her father is the second supreme leader of North Korea, whereas her grandfather, Kim Il-sung is the first supreme leader of North Korea. She has a brother, Kim Jong-un, who currently leads North Korea. Her other siblings are Kim Jong-nam and Kim Sol-song. She has Asian ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
Regarding her educational background, Kim Yo-jong, along with his brother, Kim Jong-un studied in Switzerland from 1996 to 2000. She later studied computer science at Kim Il-sung University. She is also speculated to have studied at the Kim Il-sung Military University. Other information about her early life is not available at present. It will be updated soon.
Kim Yo-jong Political Career Timeline
- Kim Yo-jong made her first public appearance in September 2010. She was seen at a photo session for participants at the 3rd Conference of the WPK. In the photo, she stood next to, Kim Ok, her father's personal secretary, and alleged mistress.
- She made a major public appearance in December 2011 during the funeral service for her father, Kim Jong-il.
- She was reportedly given a position as tour manager for Kim Jong-un under the National Defence Commission at the beginning of 2012.
- She was officially mentioned for the first time only in March 2014 as "senior official" of the WPK Central Committee. She accompanied her brother in voting for the Supreme People's Assembly.
- She reportedly took over state duties in October 2014 while his brother underwent medical treatment.
- She was reportedly appointed the First Deputy Director of the Workers Party's Propaganda and Agitation Department (PAD) in November 2014.
- She was reportedly appointed the de facto leader of the Propaganda and Agitation Department of the WPK in 2015.
- US Treasury placed Kim Yo-jong in their list of Specially Designated Nationals List in January 2017 in response to human rights abuses in North Korea.
- She became only the second woman appointed to the decision-making body after she was made an alternate member of the politburo in 2017.
- Her new position would put her in charge of the State Security Department.
- Kim Yo-jong attended the 2018 Winter Olympics opening ceremony in Pyeongchang, South Korea in February 2018. This was the first time that a member of the ruling Kim dynasty had visited South Korea since the Korean War. She met South Korean President Moon Jae-in and delivered a personally written letter from Kim to Moon.
- She attended the 2018 North Korea-United States Singapore Summit.
- She attended the 2019 North Korea-United States Hanoi Summit.
- She was elected to the Supreme People's Assembly during the 2019 North Korean parliamentary election. She represented Killimgil.
- She issued an official statement as the first deputy department director of the party in March 2020.
- Rumors of Kim Jong-un's health sparked Kim Yo-jong as the possible successor of North Korea.
Who is Kim Yo-jong Married to?
Kim Yo-jong is a married woman. She is married to Choe Song. Choe Song is the second son of government official Choe Ryong-hae. The couple got married in January 2015. It was reported that Kim Yo-jong was pregnant and expecting a child in May 2015. However, the father of the child was not revealed. It was speculated that the baby's father is either Kim Yo-jong's fellow alumnus of Kim Il-sung university or an official at Room 39 of the WPK or working at a military unit responsible for guarding the country's leader. No information regarding her child has been revealed.
How Tall is Kim Yo-jong?
Kim Yo-jong stands at an approximate height of 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She has an approximate body weight of 51 kg. She has a slim body build. She has black eyes and her hair color is also black.
What is Kim Yo-jong Net Worth?
Kim Yo-jong inherits wealth and power from her ancestors. North Korea keeps everything private. Thus, detailed information about her wealth is not available. It is unknown how much wealth she has accumulated. Her net worth is not available at present.
Trivias About Kim Yo-jong You Need To Know.
- Kim Yo-jong has a close relationship with her brother, Kim Jong-un.
- At Kim Il-sung University, Kim Yo-jong is said to have studied with Kim Eun-Gyong, the daughter of Japanese abductee Megumi Yokota.
- Kim Yo-jong regularly accompanies Kim Jong-un on his "field guidance" trips.
- Kim Yo-jong is credited behind the development of her brother's cult of personality.