Kristen Welker - Bio, Net Worth, Journalist, Host, NBC, Today Show, Salary, Married, Husband, Children, Parents, College, Age, Height, Facts, Wiki
Kristen Welker is an American television journalist working for NBC News. She serves as a White House correspondent based in Washington, D.C. and is the co-host, with Peter Alexander, of the Saturday edition of Today. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Kristen Welker famous for?
- An American television journalist and news correspondent.
- Being the White House correspondent for NBC News based in Washington.
Where is Kristen Welker born?
Recalling her early life, Walker was born in the year 1976, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. She is an American by nationality and is of African-American ethnicity. She is the daughter of a Native American father, Harvey Welker and an African-American mother, Julie Welker. Her father is an engineer, and her mother is a real estate agent.
Where did Kristen Walker go for education?
Concerning her education details, Walker attended Germantown Friends School in Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia and graduated in 1994. After that, she enrolled at Harvard College in 1994 and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1998.
When did Kristen Walker begin her journalism career?
- Moving towards her career, Walker began her journalism career in the late 1990s, joining ABC affiliates WLNE-TV in Providence, Rhode Island. She worked there for several years.
- Later on, in 2001, she joined KRCR-TV in Redding/Chico, California. She worked there for a couple of years till 2003, then in 2003, she was a reporter for WLNE-ABC6 News.
- She worked here also for two years and in 2005, she left. In 2005, she joined NBC 10 affiliate WCAU as an anchor and reporter. She has worked there as a reporter and weekend anchor for about half a decade till 2009.
- She then joined NBC News in 2009 as a correspondent based at the NBC Universal News West Coast Headquarters in Burbank, California.
- She became NBC News White House correspondent in May 2011 and she is presently still working here.
- On January 10th, 2020, NBC announced that she would become the regular co-anchor of Saturday Today. She joined the cast on January 11th, 2020.
Is Kristen Welker married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Welker is married to John Hughes, the famous marketing director at Merck in Philadelphia. They started having an affair with each other in 2014. Her husband John is four years younger than her. The relationship was going very well so they decided to take their relationship to the next level.
The couple got married on March 04th, 2017. Their marriage ceremony was held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They had a big fat wedding at the Hyatt Hotel. Their guest list was full of close friends and family only. They had called around 300 people.
What is Kristen Welker net worth?
Being a journalist, Walker earns a decent amount of money and popularity through her profession in the field of the media industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $2.5 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Kristen Welker?
Observing her body physics, Welker has a height of 5 feet 3 inches and body weight is 62 kg. Besides this, she has black hair and eyes color are also black. Furthermore, her other body measurements are not known. In the case of an update, we will let you know.