Kristin Chenoweth - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Family, Wiki, Career
Kristin Dawn Chenoweth, professionally known as Kristin Chenoweth is an American actress and singer, with credits in musical theatre, film, and television. She is well recognized for winning a Tony Award for her performance in "You're a Good Man", "Charlie Brown". Her other Broadway credits include "Wicked", "Candide", and "The Apple Tree". In 2015, she appeared as Maleficent in the Disney TV movie "Descendants". She has also sung in many concerts and hosted a number of shows, including the "Oscars Red Carpet Live" event. Kristin is one of the most popular TV stars. As her body of work ranges from Broadway to studio albums, she is one of the most commonly seen faces at celebrity events. At an early age, she performed gospel songs for local churches as well as she competed in beauty pageants, winning the title of Miss OCU and was the second runner-up in the Miss Oklahoma pageant in 1991. Additionally, Kristin released a second-holiday album, "Happiness Is Christmas", in October 2021, and returned to the Metropolitan Opera House with a new program, Christmas at the Met, on 13th December 2021, to promote the album.
Kristin Chenoweth Explains Why Ariana Grande Is The Right Person To Play Glinda In The Film Adaptation
Ariana Grande has been a divisive choice among Wicked fans, most likely because she is not an actress and has a particular brand as a singer that may be hard to shake. But, Kristin Chenoweth made a solid argument as to why Grande is a great pick for the role. In Chenoweth's words: "I love her so much; I've known her since she was 10. I think that crown and wand are going to the exact correct person, and I think she's gonna nail it. … Maybe some people do know this about Ari, but she's really, really funny. And Glinda has to do funny and drama, she has to do it all. And sing high and sing low. And so, there's the girl. I did cry when she got it".
- Being an American actress and singer, with credits in musical theatre, film, and television.
- For winning a Tony Award for her performance in "You're a Good Man", "Charlie Brown".
What is Kristin Chenoweth's Real Name?
Kristin Chenoweth was born on 24th July 1968 with the real name of Kristi Dawn Chenoweth in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, U.S. She is of American nationality and she came from a mixed ethnic background as she is of European and Cherokee Native American descent. Likewise, her religious belief is in the Christian religion and her race is white. Kristin has celebrated her 53rd birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Leo. She was adopted when she was five days old by Junie Smith Chenoweth and Jerry Morris Chenoweth, both chemical engineers and named Kristi Dawn Chenoweth. She has stated that she is of one-quarter Cherokee ancestry and that she eventually met her biological mother. Kristin has a brother named Mark Chenoweth.
Talking about Chenoweth's education, she studied at the Broken Arrow Senior High School and took part in many school plays. She also went to Oklahoma City University (OCU) and was a Gamma Phi Beta (Beta Omicron) sorority member. In 1990, Kristin completed her Bachelor's in musical theater, and in 1992, she did a Master's degree in opera performance. In 2009, the University of North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, North Carolina awarded her an honorary doctorate in Performing Arts. She was the commencement speaker for the University.
Kristin Chenoweth Career Timeline
- Kristin Chenoweth kicks off her career starring in regional theatre productions, such as "Babes in Arms" at The Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, and "Phantom", also taking roles in Off-Broadway productions like Luisa in "The Fantasticks", and Kristy in "Box Office of the Damned" (both in 1994).
- She then starred as Hyacinth in the Roundabout Theater Company production of Moliere's farcical "Scapin", earning her first "New York Times" review in 1997.
- She made her Broadway debut in the spring of 1997 as Precious McGuire in the musical "Steel Pier" and created roles in the original Lincoln Center Theater production of William Finn's "A New Brain".
- She performed in the Broadway revival of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" in 1999 and split her time between stage and TV or film roles, and released her first solo album, "Let Yourself Go" (2001).
- She returned to Broadway in the musical "Wicked" in October 2003 but, left "Wicked", on 18th July 2004, soon joining the cast of "The West Wing" in Los Angeles.
- She appeared on Broadway as Eve in a revival of "The Apple Tree" from December 2006 to March 2007 and starred as Fran Kubelik in the 2010 Broadway revival of the musical "Promises, Promises".
- She played Lily Garland in a Broadway revival of "On the Twentieth Century".
- Furthermore, she appeared in her own NBC sitcom, the semi-autobiographical "Kristin" in 2001 as well as guest-starred on such shows as "Frasier" (2001), "Sesame Street" (2002 and several times afterward), and "Ugly Betty" (2007).
- She later began playing the recurring role of media consultant Annabeth Schott in "The West Wing" in 2004 and lent her voice to the animated comedy series "Sit Down, Shut Up" in 2009.
- She was seen as of April Rhodes in "Glee" in 2010 after which she joined the cast of a pilot for ABC called "Good Christian Bitches" in 2011.
- Chenoweth appeared in an episode of "I Get That a Lot", posing as a waitress, and co-hosted the "69th Tony Awards" and she also appeared as the villainous Mildred Layton in the Apple TV+ parody musical comedy television series "Schmigadoon!" in 2021 for which she was nominated for the 2022 Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
- As well, she joined "The Voice season 21" as an advisor to Ariana Grande's team.
- Kristin made her theatrical film debut in Topa Topa Bluffs in 2002 playing "Patty" and returned to the big screen in the 2005 film version of "Bewitched".
- She appeared in the 2008 holiday romantic comedy film "Four Christmases" and reprised her voice role of Rosetta in "Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure" and filmed the Disney comedy "You Again" (released in 2010).
- In 2015, she starred with Jennifer Lopez and Ryan Guzman in the thriller film "The Boy Next Door" and voiced Fifi, Snoopy's love interest, in "The Peanuts Movie".
- Subsequently, Chenoweth released her first televised music video on Country Music Television in 2011 and released her debut solo album "Let Yourself Go" in 2001.
- On 6th October 2014, she joined Andrew Lippa in his oratorio "I Am Harvey Milk" at Avery Fisher Hall and released an album titled "Coming Home" in 2014.
- On 27th September 2019, she released the album "For the Girls" and launched a second-holiday album, "Happiness Is Christmas", in October 2021, and returned to the Metropolitan Opera House with a new program, "Christmas at the Met", on 13th December 2021, to promote the album.
Awards and Achievements
- Theatre World Awards for her work in "Steel Pier"
- Tony Awards for her work in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown"
- Drama Desk Awards for her work in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown"
- Outer Critics Circle Award for her work in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown"
- Primetime Emmy Awards for her work in "Pushing Daisies"
Who is Kristin Chenoweth Dating?
Kristin Chenoweth is an unmarried lady. She has been dating Josh Bryant, the guitarist for the country band Backroad Anthem since 2018. The pair became engaged on 27th October 2021. Chenoweth also has dated several men in Hollywood, including producer Dana Brunetti, actors Seth Green, Lane Garrison, and Marc Kudisch (to whom she was engaged from 1998 to 2001), and producer/writer Aaron Sorkin. Furthermore, concerning her sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Kristin Chenoweth's Net Worth?
Kristin Chenoweth is among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever she embarks on. She has a net worth of $16 million as of 2022 whereas she has also a handsome amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. She has appeared in several Old Navy commercials. In January 2010, Kristin was named the ambassador for Oscar Mayer Good Mood. In addition, her major source of income is from her actress and singer, with credits in musical theatre, film, and television career.
What is the Height of Kristin Chenoweth?
Kristin Chenoweth has a height of 4 ft 11 in or 150 cm and her body weighs around 45 kg or 99 lbs. She has blonde hair and blue eyes color. Moreover, Kristin has a slim body build with 35-23-33 in or 89-58.5-84 cm of body measurement.
Trivias About Kristin Chenoweth You Need To Know.
- She studied musical theater and opera performance at Oklahoma City University.
- She won a 2009 Emmy Award for her performance on the television show Pushing Daisies.
- In 2015, she appeared as Maleficent in the Disney TV movie Descendants.
- While she was in college and working towards her masters, Chenoweth performed at the Lyric Theatre in Oklahoma City.
- She was adopted when she was five days old.