Facts About Kyle Freeland
|Celebrated Name||Kyle Freeland|
|Age||30 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Kyle Richard Freeland|
|Place Of Birth||Denver, Colorado|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||Pitcher for Colorado Rockies|
|High School||Thomas Jefferson High School|
|University||University of Evansville|
|Career Start||Drafted in the first round of the 2014 MLB Draft|
|Debut Club||Colorado Rockies|
|Current Club||Colorado Rockies|
|Current Club Country||United States|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Baseball (contracts, salaries, sponsorships)|
|Salary||Around $5 million|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Kyle Richard Freeland, popularly known as Kyle Richard is an American professional baseball player. Freeland plays as a pitcher for the MLB team, Colorado Rockies. The Rockies drafted him in the first round of the 2014 MLB Draft. He played in the minor leagues until he made his MLB debut in April 2017.
Freeland played college baseball at the University of Evansville.
What is Kyle Freeland Famous For?
- Pitcher for the Colorado Rockies.
Where is Kyle Freeland From?
Kyle Freeland was born on 14 May 1993. His birthname is Kyle Richard Freeland. His birth place is in Denver, Colorado in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father, Don Freeland, and mother, Susan Freeland. He has an older brother named Colin. He belongs to the white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Thomas Jefferson High School. He was an athletic student in high school. He played many sports and excelled in golf and baseball. He chose to continue baseball and committed to the University of Evansville. He went 4-5 with a 4.55 ERA and 70 strikeouts in 91 innings as a freshman. As a sophomore, he went 4-8 with a 4.34 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 93+1⁄3 innings. He was 10-2 with a 1.90 ERA and 128 strikeouts in 99+2⁄3 innings. He forego his senior year after being drafted by the Rockies.
Kyle Freeland Career Timeline
- While an Evansville pitcher, he played in the Cape Cod League with the Hyannis Harbor Hawks after the 2013 college season.
- After the 2014 college season(Junior), the Philadelphia Phillies drafted him in the first round of the 2014 MLB draft.
- He spent 2014 with both the Grand Junction Rockies and the Asheville Tourists. Between both teams, he posted a combined 3-0 record with a 1.15 ERA.
- He started the 2015 season with Grand Junction.
- He was then promoted to the Modesto Nuts.
- He was later assigned to the Salt River Rafters of the Arizona Fall League.
- He started the 2016 season with the Hartford Yard Goats.
- He was then promoted to the Albuquerque Isotopes. Between the two clubs, he posted an 11-10 record with a 3.89 ERA.
- He made his MLB debut with the Rockies against the Los Angeles Dodgers on 7 April 2017.
- He hit his first major league home run against Cincinnati Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo on 21 May 2017.
- He finished the 2017 season with an 11-11 record in 156 innings.
- He had his breakout season in 2018 when he broke Ubaldo Jiminez's franchise record for single-season ERA at 2.84 and ended the year with a record of 17 wins and 7 losses in 33 starts.
- He started in the 2018 National League Wild Card Game, pitching 6.2 shutout innings. The Rockies defeated the Chicago Cubs in 13 innings, the longest postseason elimination game in baseball history.
- He was demoted to AAA in May 2019 and ended with a 3-11 record with a 6.73 ERA in 22 starts.
- He went 2-3 with a 4.33 ERA, leading the NL in quality starts with 9. He also led all of MLB in induced double plays with 15.
- He had the lowest strikeout/walk ratio of all NL qualified pitchers, at 2.0, and finished with a top 10 WAR among National League pitchers, at 2.2.
- He began the 2021 season on the disabled list. He ended the 2021 season with a 7-8 record in 23 starts, striking out 105 batters in 120+2⁄3 innings.
Who is Kyle Freeland Wife?
Kyle Freeland is a married man. He is married to Ashley Chrisman. After years of dating, the couple tied a knot to each other on 11 December 2021. More details about his personal life will be updated soon.
What is Kyle Freeland Height?
Kyle Freeland stands at a height of 1.91 m tall. He has a body weight of around 77 kg. He has a balanced body weight. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is dark brown.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Kyle Freeland Salary and Net Worth?
Kyle Freeland is one of the popular pitchers in MLB, playing for the Colorado Rockies. He was drafted by the Rockies in the 2014 MLB Draft and is paid a handsome salary. He is reportedly paid around $5 million as an annual salary. His net worth details are not available at present.
Trivias About Kyle Freeland You Need To Know.
- He wears shirt number 21.
- He bats and throws left-handed.
- The Philadelphia Phillies drafted Kyle Freeland in the 35th round of the 2011 MLB draft. However, he chose to attend Evansville over signing with the Phillies.
- He was drafted 8th overall in the 2014 MLB Draft.
- He became the first starting pitcher in 51 years after Chuck Dobson for Kansas City Athletics in 1966 to make his MLB debut "in his team's home opener in the state in which he was born".
- He broke the single-season franchise record for home ERA at one of the most notorious hitters parks in baseball in Coors Field, finishing with an ERA of 2.40.
- He finished 4th in Cy Young voting in 2018.
- He is the first Rockies pitcher to have a scoreless start in a postseason game.