Kylie Minogue - Bio, Net Worth, Neighbours, Songs, Albums, Christmas, Awards, Affairs, Paul Solomons, Kids, Height, Parents, Sibling, Age, Facts, Wiki
An Australian singer, songwriter, as well as an actress, is named for Kylie Minogue. She is famous for reinventing herself in fashion and music and is described as a style icon and has been recognized with several honorific nicknames, most notably the "Princess of Pop". Moreover, she is also recognized as the highest-selling female Australian artist of all time. She achieved recognition starring in the Australian soap opera Neighbours, where she played tomboy mechanic Charlene Robinson and rose to fame as a recording artist in the late 1980s and released four bubblegum and dance-pop-influenced studio albums produced by Stock Aitken Waterman and released by PWL. She has sold 70 million records worldwide and has earned numerous awards and accolades, including a Grammy Award, three Brit Awards, 17 ARIA Music Awards, two MTV Europe Music Award and two MTV Video Music Award. On the 25th anniversary of the ARIA Music Awards in 2011, she was inducted by the Australian Recording Industry Association into the ARIA Hall of Fame.
Experts split over Kylie Minogue's Tourism Australia campaign
Marketing and tourism experts are split over the effectiveness of a new Tourism Australia commercial featuring Australian singer Kylie Minogue, which seeks to lure British visitors Down Under. The three-minute advertisement aired on UK television just prior to the Queen's traditional Christmas Day message on Wednesday. The ad's light-hearted jingle, dubbed Matesong, features Minogue singing about how Britons should "call on your friends in Australia" amid the political turmoil caused by Brexit. Other celebrities who took part included retired cricketer Shane Warne, Olympian Ian Thorpe, and comedian Adam Hills. The commercial is part of Tourism Australia's three-year "Come Live Our Philosophy" campaign, which was panned for being too confusing for non-English speakers after its launch in October. While this latest video hasn't pleased everyone, the reaction is decidedly more positive. "It's stuck in the middle of wanting to be a song and a bit of a parody about the UK," Dr. Hughes said. "No offense to Kylie-if anything she saves the ad."
- For albums, Kylie (debut album, 1988), Fever (2001), Enjoy Yourself (1989), Rhythm of Love (1990), and Put Yourself in My Place (1994).
- For her singles gained much attention including, “The Loco-Motion,” “Especially for You,” “Better the Devil You Know,” Can’t Get You Out of My Head,” “Confide in Me,” “Spinning Around,” “Slow,” “2 Hearts,” “All The Lovers” and many more.
Who are the Parents of Kylie Minogue?
Kylie Minogue was born as Kylie Ann Minogue on May 28, 1968, in Melbourne, Australia. She was born to an accountant called Ronald Charles Minogue and a former stage dancer from Wales, Australia Carol Ann Minogue. As of 2019, she celebrated her 51st birthday. She was raised in Surrey Hill in Melbourne and was sent to Camberwell High School. She was the eldest of the three children. She along with her younger sister Dannii began their careers together as child artists on Australian television. She did small-time roles in soap operas like ‘Skyways’, ‘The Sullivans’ and ‘The Henderson Kids’ at the age of twelve. Her big break in the entertainment industry came with her ‘tomboy car mechanic character of Charlene’ on one of the most popular Australian soap operas called ‘Neighbors’ in the year 1986. She holds Australian nationality and her ethnicity is White. She is Christian by religion.
What makes Kylie Minogue famous?
- Kylie rose to fame after her cast in the soap opera "Neighbours" in 1986 as Charlene Mitchell.
- She then performed a song called ‘The Loco-motion’ along with the other cast members of the show.
- She got noticed by the aces of the music industry and in 1987 she signed a contract with an Australian recording company called the Mushroom Records.
- She made her debut album called ‘Kylie’ a particular track from the album ‘I Should Be So Lucky’ became an international favorite.
- After that, she recorded another album called ‘Enjoy Yourself’ with her ‘Neighbors’ co-star and boyfriend at that time, Jason Donovan in 1989.
- She made her debut movie "The Delinquents" in 1990.
- She came up with her third album called ‘Rhythm of Love’ in 1990.
- Her hit single from this album ‘Better the Devil You Know’ showcased her to be more flamboyant and sexy.
- Her fourth album ‘Let’s Get to It’ was released in 1991.
- In 1994, she signed a contract with the Deconstruction Records and released her fifth album called ‘Kylie Minogue’.
- In 1996, she collaborated with the Manic Street Preachers and recorded an album called ‘Impossible Princess’.
- She was dropped by her recording company Deconstruction Records and was taken up by Parlophone in 2000.
- In 2001, she came up with her eighth album ‘Fever’.
- In 2002, she toured the world with her concert ‘KylieFever2002’.
- She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005 and she released her digital single ‘Over the Rainbow’ in the same year.
- In 2006, her children’s book called ‘The Showgirl Princess’, which she wrote during the time of her recovery was released.
- She also released her fragrance called ‘Darling’.
- She released an album called ‘X’ in 2007.
- She along with English comedians James Corden and Mathew Home hosted the Brit Awards 2009.
- In 2010, Kylie released her studio album called ‘Aphrodite’.
- In 2012, Minogue began "K25" - a year-long celebration for her 25 years in the music industry.
- In October 2012, she released the compilation album, The Abbey Road Sessions.
- She signed to Roc Nation for a management deal. In September 2013.
- She released her twelfth studio album, Kiss Me Once in March 2014.
- In January 2015, Minogue appeared as a guest vocalist on Giorgio Moroder's single "Right Here, Right Now".
- Her contract with Parlophone Records ended, leaving her future music releases with Warner Music Group.
- In September 2015, an extended play with Fernando Garibay titled Kylie + Garibay was released.
- In 2016, she recorded the theme song "This Wheel's on Fire", from the soundtrack Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie.
- Her holiday album Kylie Christmas was re-released in November entitled Kylie Christmas: Snow Queen Edition.
- She signed a new record deal with BMG Rights Management in February 2017.
- Her album Golden was released in April 2018 with "Dancing" serving as its lead single.
- She released the greatest hits compilation Step Back in Time: The Definitive Collection on 28 June 2019, featuring "New York City" as the lead single.
- She will also appear in her own Christmas television special, Kylie's Secret Night, scheduled to air on Channel 4 in December 2019.
Is Kylie Minogue Married?
Kylie has never been married or had children. But she was in a romantic relationship with the French actor Olivier Martinez since 2002 and broke up with him in the year 2007. After that, she entered into a relationship with model Andres Velencoso in 2008 and is still in a strong relationship with him. Due to some misunderstanding, the duo split. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005 in the middle of her worldwide tour, ‘Showgirl’. She had to cancel the tour in order to get into immediate surgery and subsequent chemotherapy. During the time of her hospitalization, the then Prime Minister of Australia John Howard issued a public statement supporting Kylie in her battle with cancer. She has been appreciated worldwide for sharing her experience with cancer diagnosis and treatment with the media to make people more aware of it. She has had a number of high-profile relationships, including dating on-screen husband Jason for five years in the ’80s. Her boyfriend from 2015-actor Joshua Sasse-was allegedly calling her his fiancee at the 2016 NME awards, sparking engagement rumors. Sadly, however, they announced their split a year later. Last year she confirmed a romance with British GQ’s Creative Director Paul Solomons on her 50th Birthday by posting a snap of the two of them. They seem extremely happy together, and she’s said she’s found ‘true love’. Although it wasn’t a conscious decision not to have children, when Kylie’s cancer diagnosis happened aged 36, it put a stop to any future plans.
What is the net worth of Kylie Minogue?
The net worth of this famous singer, Kylie Minogue will be surely in millions. She achieved recognition starring in the Australian soap opera ‘Neighbours. She has been a recording artist and has achieved commercial success and critical acclaim in the entertainment industry. Minogue has been recognized with several honorific nicknames, most notably the “Princess of Pop”. As of 2019, Kylie Minogue’s net worth is estimated to be roughly $90 Million dollars. But her exact salary is under review and it will be added soon once we get details about it. She has also made TV Commercials in Coca-Cola (1990), Pepsi Cola (2000), Eurostar (2001), her own fragrance “Showtime”(2008) and Lexus cars, UK (2011). Overall, she is satisfied with her earnings.
How tall is Kylie Minogue?
Kylie is a very beautiful woman with a charming smile and glowing face attracting a lot of people towards her. She has a tall height of five feet with a balanced bodyweight of 46 Kg. Her body build is slim. Her hair color is blonde and her eye color is slim. Her body measures 34-23-35 in with the dress size of 2 US. Her bra size is 32B and her shoe size is 5 US.
Trivias About Kylie Minogue You Need To Know.
- She is famous for reinventing herself in fashion and music.
- She is described as a style icon and has been recognised with several honorific nicknames, most notably the "Princess of Pop".
- She is also recognised as the highest-selling female Australian artist of all time.
- She achieved recognition starring in the Australian soap opera Neighbours.
- On the 25th anniversary of the ARIA Music Awards in 2011, she was inducted by the Australian Recording Industry Association into the ARIA Hall of Fame.