Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:17 am
Facts About Kym Herjavec
|46 Years Old
|Ballroom Dancer , TV Personality
|Place Of Birth
|Sydney, New South Wales
|Hudson Robert Herjavec and Haven Mae Herjavec
|5 ft 7 in
|Thousand of Dollar
|Source of Wealth
Kym Herjavec, an accomplished Australian ballroom dancer and television personality, made her mark in the world of dance through her appearances in the early seasons of the Australian version of "Dancing with the Stars". As a professional dancer, she showcased her talent and charisma on the show for the first three seasons. Her exceptional skills and captivating performances caught the attention of the franchise's U.S. edition, leading her to join "Dancing with the Stars" in the United States from 2006 to 2015. Kym is married to her husband, Robert Herjavec.
Kym's journey in the U.S. series proved successful, solidifying her status as a renowned dancer in the international dance community. In 2017, she made a comeback as a professional on the U.S. show's 24th season. Not only did Kym excel as a dancer, but she also took on the role of a judge on the Australian version of "Dancing with the Stars", sharing her expertise and providing valuable feedback to aspiring dancers from 2013 to 2015.
Where is Kym Herjavec from?
Kym Herjavec, born on 4 August 1976, is from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. She holds Australian nationality and possesses mixed English and Scottish ethnicity. While she has chosen not to disclose the names of her parents, it is evident that she shares a deep and affectionate bond with them, as she often extends invitations for them to attend her shows. Kym's nationality proudly reflects her Australian roots and her diverse ethnic background adds richness to her identity, with English and Scottish heritage intertwining within her family history. As a Leo, she embraces the traits associated with her zodiac sign, and her religious beliefs align with Christianity.
Kym Herjavec Career Timeline
- Kym Johnson's journey in dance began at a young age, starting at three years old. By the time she was 13, she had already ventured into ballroom dancing.
- In 1998, alongside her partner Tomas Atkocevicius from Lithuania, she achieved notable success, securing the second position at the Australian Dancesport Championship in the Open Amateur Modern Ballroom category. Their talent also took them to the finals of the U.K. Ballroom Championships held in Blackpool.
- Following her retirement, Kym Johnson's career took an exciting turn. Since 2001, she has been involved in various events and films, leaving her mark in the world of dance and entertainment. Notably, she became part of the touring ballroom dance production called Burn the Floor, captivating audiences with her skills and performances.
- Additionally, Kym had the incredible opportunity to perform at the illustrious 50th birthday celebration of the legendary musician Elton John, further showcasing her talent and earning recognition in the industry.
- Kym made her first notable television appearance as a professional on the popular ballroom dance competition, "Dancing with the Stars".
- She showcased her talent and charm on Seasons 1-3 of the Australian edition in 2004 and 2005.
- During Season 2, she partnered with television presenter Tom Williams and emerged as the winning couple, securing the championship title. Their success led them to participate in the Champion of Champion series.
- Kym also made a memorable cameo during the Grand Final of the 4th Australian series of "Dancing with the Stars", where she performed alongside musician Alex Lloyd.
- In addition to her achievements on "Dancing with the Stars", Kym took on new challenges in the world of reality television.
- In early 2006, she appeared on the Australian program "Australian Celebrity Survivor: Vanuatu", representing the Merry Makers tribe. Unfortunately, she was the first contestant voted out of her tribe and the game, receiving all six votes, including her own.
- Kym's participation in the show stood out as she became one of the few Survivor contestants worldwide to vote herself out, as it typically goes against the rules.
- Expanding her television presence, Kym joined the third season of "The Celebrity Apprentice Australia" in 2013. Although she was fired in the fourth week as the losing project manager, she continued to make her mark in the entertainment industry.
- Additionally, Kym took on the role of a judge in the Australian version of "Dancing with the Stars", showcasing her expertise and contributing to the show's success. Throughout her journey on Dancing with the Stars Australia, she partnered with various celebrities, including Justin Melvey, Tom Williams, and Michael Caton, achieving impressive results.
- In 2006, she ventured into the American edition of "Dancing with the Stars", participating in Season 3 alongside talk show icon Jerry Springer as her partner.
- Their performances captivated the audience and they gained popularity, eventually being eliminated as the 7th couple.
- Throughout the series, Kym provided insights and behind-the-scenes glimpses through her diary for OK! Magazine Australia.
- Continuing her journey in the United States, Kym joined the Dancing with the Stars Tour. However, due to an arm injury, she was unable to perform in every show, but she remained an integral part of the tour.
- She made a triumphant return to the ballroom for Season 4 on 19 March, where she partnered with Joey Fatone from the band N'SYNC. Their chemistry and talent led them to become the runner-up professional dancer of the season.
- Following their stint on "Dancing with the Stars", Kym and Joey celebrated by performing for guests on the inaugural Mediterranean cruise of the Disney Cruise Line on 2 June 2007.
- In subsequent seasons, Kym teamed up with billionaire Mark Cuban in Season 5 and magician Penn Jillette in Season 6, but both partnerships ended in early eliminations.
- She found success in Season 7 when she partnered with former NFL player Warren Sapp, finishing as the runner-up once again.
- Returning for Season 8, Kym danced with actor David Alan Grier but was eliminated in the fifth week.
- However, her triumph came in Season 9 when she was paired with Donny Osmond, and together they were crowned champions on 24 November 2009. This victory made Kym the only dance professional to have won the title in two different countries.
- Throughout her journey in Season 9, Kym shared her experiences through a behind-the-scenes blog on okmagazine.com.
- In Season 11 of "Dancing with the Stars", Kym Johnson was partnered with actor David Hasselhoff. Unfortunately, they were the first couple to be eliminated, marking the second time Kym was eliminated in the first round, including a double elimination in Season 6. She became the fourth professional dancer to come in last place more than once, following Alec Mazo, Edyta Sliwinska, and Jonathan Roberts.
- Kym also appeared in the DVD "Dancing With The Stars: Cardio Dance", alongside Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Ashly DelGrosso-Costa.
- Season 12 saw Kym paired with professional athlete Hines Ward. However, during rehearsals after Episode 19, Kym suffered a neck injury. Despite being shaken up, she persevered and performed as scheduled, ultimately winning the season on 24 May 2011.
- In Season 13, Kym was partnered with actor and producer David Arquette, but they were voted off in the seventh week and finished in 6th place.
- In Season 14, she danced with Jaleel White and they were the sixth couple to be eliminated, ending their journey in 7th place.
- Moving on to Season 15, Kym reunited with her Season 4 partner Joey Fatone. However, they were the second couple to be eliminated, landing in 12th place. Nevertheless, during week eight, Kym returned to the stage to perform a trio Salsa with Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke, earning praise from the judges with a score of 30.
- In Season 16, she partnered with General Hospital star Ingo Rademacher, making it to the semi-finals but ultimately finishing in fifth place.
- In 2015, Kym made her return to the United States as a professional dancer for the 20th season of Dancing with the Stars. She was paired with Shark Tank star Robert Herjavec, who would later become her husband. They had a successful run but were eliminated as the seventh couple, concluding their journey in 6th place.
- Kym returned once again for the 24th season in 2017, partnered with actor and retired professional wrestler Mr. T. However, they were eliminated in Week 4 and finished in 10th place.
- In October 2015, Kym Johnson made an exciting announcement about her upcoming projects. She revealed that she would be releasing her first fitness DVD called 5678 Fitness and a book titled The 5678 Diet in January 2016. 5678 Fitness offers a comprehensive at-home fitness program that incorporates cardio-Latin dance, providing energetic dance routines along with a full-body workout. It aims to help individuals stay active and achieve their fitness goals in the comfort of their own homes. Alongside the release of her fitness brand, Kym Johnson also shares valuable life lessons, nutrition and exercise plans, and her signature entertainment style in her book The 5678 Diet. The book includes personal anecdotes, recipes, and contributions from her celebrity dance partners, offering a holistic approach to health and well-being.
Who is Kym Herjavec's husband?
Kym Herjavec is happily married to her longtime boyfriend-turned-husband, Robert Herjavec. Their journey began when they became dance partners during season 20 of the American version of Dancing with the Stars in 2015. Robert, a Croatian-Canadian businessman, investor, and television personality, hails from Toronto, Canada. After a brief courtship, the couple got engaged and exchanged vows in a picturesque ceremony in Los Angeles on July 31, 2016. Kym embraced her role as a stepmother to Robert's three children from a previous marriage, namely Caprice, Skye, and Brendan Herjavec. Their joy expanded when Kym announced her pregnancy on December 12, 2017, and eventually welcomed twins, Hudson Robert Herjavec and Haven Mae Herjavec, into their lives on April 23, 2018. Kym and Robert are relishing their present life together, cherishing the love and happiness they have built as a family.
Prior to her marriage to Robert, Kym had been engaged to Australian cricket player Shane Watson. Their relationship, which began in 2002, lasted for approximately three years before they decided to part ways in 2005, despite getting engaged in 2004. Additionally, Kym had a romantic involvement with Tom Williams, an Australian television presenter. Their connection blossomed during their partnership in the 2004-2005 edition of the reality TV series Dancing with the Stars, which they ultimately won. Although their off-screen romance was relatively short-lived, it added a chapter to Kym's dating history.
How much is Kym Herjavec's net worth?
Kym Herjavec has established a net worth of approximately $1 million as of 2023, primarily through her successful career as a ballroom dancer. The dancing industry has been her primary source of wealth, with an average annual income of $75,000 as a dancer and actor. Her participation in the popular television show Dancing with the Stars contributes significantly to her earnings, receiving a weekly compensation of $5,000. Kym's journey in the world of dance began with her victory at the Australian Dancesport Championships alongside her partner, Tomas Atkocevicious. She further showcased her talent on the Australian reality TV show Dancing with the Stars, where she appeared for three seasons.
Additionally, Kym participated in the Australian Celebrity Survivor: Vanuatu and later joined the third season of the American version of Dancing with the Stars, where she achieved remarkable success, winning the competition in both countries. Her popularity and success have also led to endorsement opportunities, with Kym appearing in commercials for brands such as MaxiClimber and PETA. With her accumulated wealth, she enjoys a luxurious lifestyle, indulging in travel to exotic destinations during her vacations.
How tall is Kym Herjavec?
Kym Herjavec is a beautiful woman with an attractive personality. With a slim build, she stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches or 170 cm and maintains a weight of 58 kg or 128 lbs. Her striking features include her blonde hair that beautifully complements her mesmerizing blue eyes. Kym's distinctive attributes consist of a bright radiant smile, complemented by high-arched eyebrows, further accentuating her captivating gaze. With body measurements of 36-25-35 inches, she exudes elegance and charm, making her a truly captivating individual.
Kym is a firm believer in the importance of clean eating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. During her dancing days, she dedicated 6-8 hours a day to practice, emphasizing the development of both her body and mind. To keep her fitness routine engaging, she enjoys mixing and matching various workouts, with a particular focus on her core areas. Kym follows a diverse workout plan, incorporating different exercises for each day. Her routines often consist of activities like crunches, Pilates, cardio exercises, walks in the scenic Runyon Canyon, and even yoga sessions on the beach. In terms of her diet, Kym doesn't adhere to strict plans. Instead, she practices portion control, enjoying a little bit of everything. Additionally, she mentions not having a sweet tooth and has noticed positive changes in her body by avoiding carbs after 5 pm. Kym draws inspiration for her fitness journey from the iconic Jane Fonda, who serves as a role model for staying fit and healthy.
Trivias About Kym Herjavec You Need To Know.
- She founded The BOD & 5678 Fitness.
- She started dancing at an early age of 3. By the age of 13, she was already doing ballroom dancing.
- She has a pet dog called Lola whom she calls her best friend.
- Kym used to teach wedding couples dancing in a studio.
- She asked the rest of the contestants and voted herself out of the reality TV series Celebrity Survivor (2006) during the Tribal Council.