Last updated on October 6th, 2021 at 04:17 pm
Facts About Kyrsten Sinema
|Celebrated Name||Kyrsten Sinema|
|Age||46 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Kyrsten Lea Sinema|
|Place Of Birth||Tuscon, Arizona, United States|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|High School||Walton High School|
|College / University||Brigham Young University, Arizona State University|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Social Work degree, J.D. degree, Ph.D. in justice studies|
|Height||1.63m (5 feet and 4 inches)|
|Weight||60kg (132 lbs.)|
|Body Measurement||35-28-35 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||34B|
|Net Worth||$1 million (estimated)|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter YouTube Facebook|
Kyrsten Sinema is an American politician who is serving as the senior United States Senator from Arizona. She assumed office on January 3, 2019, and her current term ends on January 3, 2025. She won the 2018 Senate election defeating Martha McSally in the general election and became the first woman elected to a U.S. Senate seat from Arizona. She is the first openly bisexual and the second openly LGBT woman to be elected to the House of Representatives and to the Senate in 2013, and 2019 respectively.
She is a Democrat. She served three terms as a state representative for Arizona's 15th legislative district from 2005 to 2011, one term as the state senator for Arizona's 15th legislative district from 2011 to 2012, and three terms as the United States Representative for Arizona's 9th congressional district from 2013 to2019.
She is quite active on social media platforms with around 43.7k followers on Instagram @kyrstensinema and around 137k followers on Twitter @SenatorSinema. She also runs a self-titled Youtube channel with 566 subscribers.
What is Kyrsten Sinema Famous For?
- Famous as the senior United States Senator from Arizona.
- Famous as the first woman elected to a U.S. Senate seat from Arizona.
Where is Kyrsten Sinema from?
Kyrsten Sinema was born on July 12, 1976, in Tuscon, Arizona, the United States. Her birth name is Kirsten Lea Sinema. She was born to her father, Dan Sinema, and mother, Marilyn Sinema. Her father was an attorney. She has two siblings, an older brother, and a younger sister. Though, her parents divorced in her childhood and her mother remarried.
She holds an American nationality and belongs to the White-Caucasian ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Cancer and she believes in Christianity. She is of Frisian descent. Her great-great-grandfather Lieuwe Jacobs Sinnema immigrated at a young age with his father Jacob Jans Sinnema to the United States in 1987 from the village of Bitium, in the Dutch province of Friesland. They came to Sioux City, Iowa and later her great-great-grandfather settled in Twin Falls, Idaho where her great-grandfather Jacob Sinema and grandfather Gerald Dinema were brought up. Later on, her grandfather relocated to Phoenix, Arizona where her father was born.
Regarding her educational qualification, she graduated as valedictorian from Walton High School at age of sixteen. She then enrolled at Brigham Young University to earn her B.A. degree. She received a Master of Social Work degree from Arizona State University in 1999. She also earned a J.D. degree from Arizona State University College of Law in 2004. She completed the Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government program for senior executives in state and local government as a David Bohnet LGBTQ Victory institute Leadership Fellow in 2008. In 2012, she earned a Ph.D. in justice studies also from Arizona State University.
Kyrsten Sinema Career Highlights
- Kyrsten Sinema used to be a professor and an attorney before her political career.
- In 2003, she became an adjunct professor teaching master's level policy and grant writing classes at Arizona State University School of Social Work and an adjunct Business Law Professor at Arizona Summit Law School.
- She became a criminal defense Lawyer, after earning her J.D. degree from Arizona State University College of Law in 2004.
- Sinema began her political career in the Arizona Green Party. She was a local spokeswoman for the Green Party.
- In 2002, she ran for the Arizona House of Representatives as an independent affiliated with the Arizona Green Party but she lost receiving 8% of the vote.
- In 2004, she joined the Democratic Party and won the Democratic primaries for Arizona's 15th district with 37% of the vote.
- She was an assistant Minority leader for the Democratic Caucus of the Arizona House of Representatives in 2009 and 2010.
- She was also elected to the Arizona Senate, defeating Republican Bob Thomas in 2010.
- On August 28, 2012, she won the three-way Democratic primary with nearly 42% of the vote defeating state senator David Schapira, and former Arizona Democratic Party chairman Andrei Cherny each finished with less than 30% of the vote.
- In the general election, Sinema ran against Republican nominee Vernon Parker and Libertarian nominee Powell Gammill. She won the general election on November 6, 2012, and took office on January 3, 2013, becoming only the second Anglo Democrat to represent the valley of the Sun in over three decades after Harry Mitchell, who represented the then 5th district from 2007 to 2011.
- In 2014, She ran for reelection and was unopposed in the Democratic primary, which took place on August 26, 2014, where she was re-elected with approximately 55% of the vote defeating Republican Wendy Rogers by 13 points.
- On September 28, 2017, Sinema officially announced her candidacy for the class I United sTates Senate seat held by Republican incumbent Jeff Flake, who declined to seek reelection the next month. She defeated attorney Deedra Abboud in the primary which held on August 28, 2018.
- In the general election, She won the 2018 Senate election defeating Martha McSally, and became the first woman elected to a U.S. Senate seat from Arizona. Also, she is the first Democrat elected to represent Arizona in the chamber since Dennis DeConcini, who held her current seat from 1977 to 1995. She was sworn in as a member of the U.S.Senate on January 3, 2019.
- On February 12, 2021, Sinema became the second Democratic senator after Joe Manchin to announce her opposition to including a $15/hour minimum wage as part of a COVID relief bill. On March 5, 2021, she voted against an increase of the federal minimum wage to $15/hour, as proposed by Senator Bernie Sanders as part of the CoVID-19 American Rescue plan Act of 2021.
- Besides, she has authored some books such as "Unite and Conquer: How to Build Coalitions That Win and Last" and "Who Must Die in Rwanda's Genocide?: The State of Exception Realized".
- Furthermore, Sinema supports abortion rights. She also supports same-sex marriage, domestic partnership recognition, and adding gender identity to anti-discrimination laws.
Who is Kyrsten Sinema married to?
Kirsten Sinema is a divorced woman. She was married to her BYU classmate Blake Dain but later divorced. However, there is information about their children, married date, and divorced date. Now, she is enjoying her singlehood and focusing on her political career.
How tall is Kyrsten Sinema?
Kyrsten Sinema is a gorgeous lady in her mid-40s. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and brown eyes. She stands at 1.63m (5 feet and 4 inches) tall and her body weighs around 60kg (132 lbs.). Her body measurements are 35-28-35 inches. She wears a bra size of 34B. Her shoe size is 7(US). Her sexual orientation is bisexual.
What is the Net Worth of Kyrsten Sinema?
Kyrsten Sinema has quite good earnings from her successful political career. AS of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be $1 million. She is living a lavish life from her earnings. However, there is no information about her salary and other assets.
Trivias About Kyrsten Sinema You Need To Know.
- The first woman elected to a U.S. Senate seat from Arizona.
- She is a Democrat.