Lacazette - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Affair, Girlfriend, Nationality, Age, Family, Parents, Height, Wiki, Facts, Transfer, Stats, Teams Played
Alexandre Lacazette is a French professional football player who plays for Premier League club Arsenal and the French national team as a forward. He plays mainly as a striker, but also can play as a second striker and wide forward. At the age of seven, he started playing football for his local club Elan Sportif. In 2003, he joined the youth of Olympique Lyonnais. At the age of nineteen, he began his senior career with Olympique Lyonnais. In the 2014-15 season, he recorded a league-high 27 goals and won the Ligue 1 Player of the Year award for his performances. With Olympique Lyonnais, he won Coupe de France in 2011-12 and Trophee des Champions in 2012. After playing many years for Olympique Lyonnaison 5 July 2017, Arsenal signed him for a five-year contact for a fee of $62.36 million.
On international levels, Lacazette has represented France at various age levels. He made his international debut in 2013. In the 2010 UEFA European U19 Championship, he was a key contributor in France's victory, where he scored the match-winning goal in the final against Spain.
What is Lacazette Famous For?
- Won 2010 UEFA European U19 Championship with France U19.
- Won the 2011-12 Coupe de France with Olympique Lyonnais.
- Won the 2012 Trophee des Champions with Olympique Lyonnais
- Won 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17 UNEF Ligue 1 Team of the Year.
- Won the 2014-15 UNEF Ligue 1 Player of the Year.
- Won the 2014-15 Ligue 1 Top Scorer.
- Won the 2017 FA Community Shield with Arsenal.
- Won the 2018-19 Arsenal Player of the Season.
- Won the 2019-20 FA Cup with Arsenal.
Where is Lacazette Originally From?
Lacazette was born on 28 May 1991 to a family of Guadeloupean origin. His birthplace is Lyon, France. He is the youngest of four boys. One of his brothers, Benoit, played in the Swiss second division and French fourth division and was the coach in the Lyon futsal club: Lyon Footzik Futsal. Lacazette holds a French nationality and belongs to African-European ethnicity. His religion is Catholic. His horoscope is Gemini. He was born to a father, Alfred. Information about his mother is not available at present. He wanted to become a footballer, but his mother suggested he become a striker.
Lacazette Football Career Timeline
- At age of seven, he began his football career by playing for his local club Elan Sportif.
- In 2003, he joined the youth of Olympique Lyonnais and remained 8 years playing for the youth team of the club.
- In the second half of the 2009-10 Ligue 1 season, he was called up to the first team by manager Claude Puel and appeared on the bench in the team's 1-0 victory over Montpellier on 2 May 2010.
- On May 2010, he made his first-team debut in Ligue 1 home game against Auxerre. On July 3 that year, he signed a three-year deal with Lyon, marking his first professional contract. However, as he was still bound with his youth contract for another year, the professional contract started only from July 1, 2011.
- On 30 October 2010, he scored his first competitive goal for the first team in a home match against Sochaux.
- In November 2010, he made his European club debut in 2010-11 UEFA Champions League Group B away match against the Portuguese club Benfica.
- On 7 December 2010, he scored his career’s first European club competition goal against Israeli club Hapoel Tel Aviv.
- He helped his team, Lyon to win the 2011–12 Coupe de France and the 2012 Trophee des champions.
- He was enlisted in the UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year in 2013-14, 2014-15, and 2016-17 seasons.
- On 5 October 2014, he scored his first hat-trick in Ligue 1 a home victory against Lille.
- He was awarded the UNFP Player of the Month trophy in December 2014, January 2015, and August 2016.
- In April 2015, he set a new record for Lyon scoring maximum Ligue 1 goals in a single season for the club after netting his 26th goal in a Ligue 1 game in a win against Reims. The previous Lyon record was held by Andre Guy, who had scored 25 Ligue 1goals in the 1968-69 season.
- In the 2014-15 season, he scored 27 goals for Lyon and won the Ligue 1 Top Goal Scorer of the season.
- On 8 August 2015, he signed a new deal with Lyon that retained him with the club till 2019.
- On 29 October 2016, he scored his 100th goals for Lyon in a victory against Toulouse.
- On 5 July 2017, Arsenal signed him for a five-year contract for a fee of $62.36 million.
- On 6 August 2017, he made his Arsenal debut against Chelsea in the 2017 FA Community Shield, where his team Arsenal beat Chelsea by 4–1 via penalty shootout to win the trophy.
- On 11 August 2017, he made his Premier League debut with a win over Leicester City.
- He continued his outstanding form in the next two games, including a goal against Bournemouth and a brace against West Bromwich Albion. With this, he equaled Brian Marwood’s record of (made in September 1988) scoring in all the first three home league appearances for Arsenal.
- In the 2018-2019 season, Lacazette found himself dropped to the bench under new manager Unai Emery, making substitute appearances against Manchester City, Chelsea, and West Ham United.
- On 2 September, he made his first start under Emery in Arsenal's away winning over Cardiff City, where he registered an assist and scored his first goal of the season.
- On 3 May 2019, he was voted by Arsenal supporters as the club's player of the season.
- On 17 August 2019, he scored his first goal of 2019-20 season in Arsenal's home opener with a victory against Burnley.
- On 1 August 2020, he was selected to start in the FA CUP Final against Chelsea, as Arsenal won their 14th Fa Cup.
- On 12 September 2020, scored Arsenal's first league goal and first Premier League goal of the 2020/21 season with a victory against Fulham.
Lacazette International Career
- He has represented France’s national team in various age levels.
- On 3 April 2007, he made his youth international debut and represented France in the national U16 football team in the win against Cameroon in a match at the Montaigu Tournament.
- On 30 July 2010, France went on to win its second UEFA European U19 Championship title, beating Spain where Lacazette scored the match-winning goal in the 85th minute.
- With the win of the 2010 UEFA European U19 Championship, it helped France to qualify for the 2011 FIFA U20 World Cup, where Lacazette was also selected in the 21-man French squad for the 2011 FIFA U20 World Cup.
- Following his impressive performances for France U16 to U21, On 23 May 2013, he received his first call-up to the senior squad following the withdrawal of Jeremy Menez through injury.
- On 5 June 2013, he made his senior international debut, as a 58th-minute substitute for Olivier Giroud in a friendly defeat against Uruguay at the Estadio Centenario in Montevideo.
- On 29 March 2015, he scored his first international goal, opening a friendly win over Denmark at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard in Saint-Etienne.
- On 17 May 2018, he was named on the standby list for the 23-man French squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Speaking about his personal life, Alexandre Lacazette prefers to keep his personal life private. He is neither married nor single. He was in a long term relationship with his girlfriend, Manon Mogavero. However, in mid-2020, it was reported that Lacazette cheated on his longtime girlfriend with a nightclub worker, Funda Gedik. His cheating scandal might have ruined his relationship with Mogavero. More details about his relationship status will be updated soon.
Lacazette stands at a height of 1.75 m i.e. 5 feet and 9 inches tall. He has an athletic body build. He has a body weight of 73 kg. His eye and hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Lacazette Salary and Net Worth
Lacazette earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. He is also a brand ambassador for Nike, featuring in their adverts, while also advertising their products on social media. As of 2020, his estimated net worth is around $15 million and his salary is about $14 million. He is living a lavish and luxurious life.
Trivias About Alexandre Lacazette You Need To Know.
- He previously played as a winger for Lyon, before becoming a striker.
- He wears shirt number 9 for Arsenal.