Laila Rouass - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Religion, Age, Height, Facts
Laila Abdesselam, professionally known as Laila Rouass is a British actress who is well recognized for her portrayals of Amber Gates in "Footballers' Wives" (2004-2006) and Sahira Shah in "Holby City" (2011-2012, 2021). She had her first entertainment job as a Video Jockey on the Indian network Channel V. She has also been a contestant on the reality TV dancing competition "Strictly Come Dancing," alongside Anton Du Beke. She made her movie debut with Feroze Nadiawala's "City of Dreams." Laila also became known for her gorgeous looks and stunning statue-like figure. She has been counted amongst the Sexiest Women in the World by FHM for two consecutive years. The beautiful actress also serves as a patron for the NGO Save the Children. Moreover, Rouass returned to the role of Sahira Shah on 9th February 2021.
Laila Rouass Famous For
- Being a British actress.
- For her portrayals of Amber Gates in "Footballers' Wives" (2004-2006) and Sahira Shah in "Holby City" (2011-2012, 2021).
What nationality is Laila Rouass Real?
Laila Rouass took birth on 22nd June 1971 with the real name of Laila Abdesselam in Stepney, London, England. She is British by nationality and mixed by ethnicity as she was born to an Indian mother and a Moroccan father. Similarly, her religion is Christian and her race is white. Laila has celebrated her 50th birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Cancer. She has not shared any details regarding her parents and education qualifications however we know that she has six siblings.
What does Laila Rouass do for a living?
- Laila Rouass began her career working as a VJ on Channel V in India in the 1990s after which she appeared in a music video for the band Colour Blind and became famous for playing the role of Bollywood actress Amber Gates in the cult ITV1 series "Footballers' Wives" between 2004 and 2006.
- Then she played recurring roles on the British soap "Family Affairs" and "Hollyoaks", as well as starring in episodes of "I Dream", "Casualty" and "Meet the Magoons".
- She was seen as Egyptologist Sarah Page in the third series of the ITV science-fiction series "Primeval" in 2009 however she left the show when the location of filming was changed to Dublin.
- Rouass announced in 2010 that she will be making a film about Leila Khaled.
- She starred as Maya Lahan in the ninth series of BBC One drama "Spooks" which was broadcast from September 2010 whereas she also appeared in "The Sarah Jane Adventures" in the same year.
- Later she joined the cast of the BBC medical drama "Holby City", appearing from February 2011 as registrar Sahira Shah but, she left the show on 17th April 2012, after just 14 months on the show, to take a break to spend time with her family. She returned to the role of Sahira Shah on 9th February 2021.
- She is currently one of the presenters of "The Channel 4 TV Book Club".
- Laila participated in the seventh series of "Strictly Come Dancing" where she was paired with professional dancer Anton Du Beke. She did not attend the final on 19th December 2009 to reprise her partnership with Anton Du Beke.
- Moreover, her first film was "City of Dreams" produced by Feroze Nadiawala and she acted in some Indian films, Aditya Bhattacharya's Indo-Italian "Senso Unico" (1999) and Dev Benegal's "Split Wide Open" (1999).
- She made her English-language film debut in 2002 with a small role in "The Four Feathers" and also appeared in the independent British film "Shoot on Sight" (2007).
- She starred in two films, "Freebird" and New Zealand funded "Apron Strings" in 2008 and starred in the Harlan Coben Netflix original 8 part mini-series 'Safe' where she plays 'Lauren Marshall'.
Is Laila Rouass still married?
Laila Rouass is a married woman. She married her family friend Abdeslam Rouass in 1990, but they divorced in 2003, after which she lived with London businessman Nasir Khan with whom Laila got married in 2005. She became pregnant in 2006 but ended her relationship with Khan shortly after the couple's daughter Inez was born in February 2007. From 2010 to 2011, Rouass dated celebrity chef James Petrie. In 2012, she began dating professional snooker player Ronnie O'Sullivan, to whom she became engaged in February 2013. Rouass and O'Sullivan appeared together as guests on BBC's Saturday Kitchen in February 2021. But, the couple never married, and Rouass announced on Twitter in February 2022 that they had ended their ten-year relationship. Furthermore, talking about Laila's education, she is straight.
Ronnie O'Sullivan and Laila Rouass Split
Ronnie O'Sullivan and Laila Rouass have split. The 50-year-old actress revealed on Twitter that she and the six-time world snooker champion, 46, had gone their separate ways after almost a decade together - but didn't give a reason why. Laila tweeted: 'After nearly ten years of love and memories, Ronnie I have parted ways. Peace and love to you all. Laila X (sic).' Ronnie has yet to address the split.
She said: 'It happened by accident. I was shown around Ronnie's house by his father, who told his son about meeting me. 'Ronnie called the estate agent, a friend of mine, and asked me out via her. 'When she said he was a snooker player, I said, "Yeah, but what does he do for a living?" I'd never heard of him because the sport doesn't interest me at all, although Ronnie's won me over to snooker.'
How much is Laila Rouass Net Worth?
Laila Rouass has a net worth of $2 million as of 2022. She also earns a handsome amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. Rouass wears expensive clothes and jewelry so, without any doubt, we can say that she is living a lavish and fulfilling lifestyle. In addition, her major source of income is from her acting carer. Laila has not done endorsement work for any brands yet.
What is the Height of Laila Rouass?
Laila Rouass stands at an ideal height of 5 feet 8 inches or 165 cm and her body weighs around 58 kg. She has dark brown hair and eyes color. Laila wears clothes that enhance her appeal more and mostly, she's spotted wearing outfits that show off her beautiful long legs. Additionally, her body build type is slim.
Trivias About Laila Rouass You Need To Know.
- She had her first entertainment job as a Video Jockey on the Indian network Channel V.
- She has portrayed the role of Sahira Shah on Holby City since 2011.
- She was married to Abdeslam Rouass from 1990 to 2003.
- She has appeared in the reality series Footballers' Wives, as well as the series Split Wide and Conan the Barbarian.
- She competed with Martina Hingis on the seventh season of Strictly Come Dancing.