Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 12:14 pm
Facts About Laura Dern
|Celebrated Name||Laura Dern|
|Age||56 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Laura Elizabeth Dern|
|Profession||Actor , Producer , Director|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angels, California|
|High School||Loyala High School|
|Net Worth||$20 million USD|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Body Measurement||34-26-35 inches|
|Children||Ellery Walker and Jaya|
Laura Dern is an American actress, producer, and director who is currently playing the role of Renata Klein in the HBO TV series "Big Little Lies" since 2017. She has also won four Golden Globe Awards, one Primetime Emmy Award and has been nominated for two Academy Awards. She has acted in many movies such as "Citizen Ruth", "I am Sam", "The Master", "The Fault in Our Stars", and "Wild".
What is Laura Dern Famous for?
- Famous as an American actress, producer, and director
- Famous for her role in the TV series "Big Little Lies".
Laura Dern is 20 years younger than Sam Neill in Jurassic Park
The actress, Laura was 23 when she starred opposite Sam Neill, who is 20 years older. Now the duo is back in 'Jurassic World Dominion. Back in 30 years, Laura and Sam were asked to be the leads in his pioneering dinosaur blockbuster Jurassic Park. They would play Dr. Alan Grant, a paleontologist, and Dr. Ellie Sattler, a paleobotanist. Sam Neill was 20 years older than Laura Dern in "Jurassic Park," an age gap that somehow didn't make the stars uncomfortable until nearly three decades after the 1993 blockbuster hit theaters. For "Jurassic World Dominion", Dern is 55 and Neill is 74. They've already wrapped shooting "Jurassic World Dominion." Jeff Goldblum will also be returning to his role as Ian Malcolm alongside Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. The movie will be released on June 9, 2022.
When was Laura Dern born?
Laura Dern was born on 10th February 1967 in Los Angels, California, US. Her birth name is Laura Elizabeth Dern. American is her nationality. Her ethnicity is Catholic. Aquarius is her zodiac sign. She celebrated her 55th birthday as of 2022.
She was born to Bruce Dern(father) and Diane Ladd(mother). She has no siblings. Her both father and mother were actors. Her great-grandfather, George Dern was the former Governor of Utah and Secretary of War. When she was two years old, her parents got divorced and she lived with her mother and maternal grandmother.
She was raised in her hometown, Los Angeles. She did her schooling at Loyola High School. Since her childhood, she was interested in acting as her mother was an actress. She acted in school dramas and was in the school's theatre group.
At the age of 6, she made her first appearance in her mother's movie "White Lightning(1973)". In 1974, she also acted in the movie "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore" and she was widely appreciated for her role in the movie.
The Career of Laura Dern
- Laura Dern started her professional acting career by appearing in the TV series "Shannon" in 1981.
- In the year 1982, she played the starring role of Jessica McNeil in the movie "Ladies and Gentleman, The Fabulous Stains". For her role in the movie, she won the Miss Golden Globe Award and became the youngest actress to win the award.
- She played the role of Diana in the biographical drama "Mask" and of Connie in the movie "Smooth Talk" in 1985.
- In the year 1986, he worked with David Lynch by playing the roles in Inland Empire and Twin Peaks.
- She got nominated for an Academy Award along with her mother for their role in the movie "Rambling Rose" in 1992 and they became the first mother and daughter to be nominated for the same award.
- She also acted in various movies such as Jurassic Park(1993), Ciizen Ruth(1996), A perfect world(1993), Mask(1985), The Baby dance(1998) and Wild at Heart(1990). She also appeared in Widespread Panic's music video for the song "Aunt Avis" in 1997.
- In the year 2000, she acted in Robert's comedy "Dr.T and the Women" and her role was widely appreciated.
- She played the starring role of Pam Ferris in the 2005 movie "Happy Endings".
- In the year 2008, she won a Golden Globe Award for her role of Katherine in the television movie "Recount".
- She won another Golden Award in 2012 for her role in the Television series "Enlightened".
- In the year 2017, she won her first Emmy Award for her role of Renata Klein in the Tv series "Big Little Lies".
- She has also appeared in many TV series such as "Kroll Show", "Drunk History", "When the Game Stands Tall", "99 Homes", "Twin Peaks: The Return", and "F is for Family".
- At present, she is playing the role of Renata Klein in the TV series "Big Little Lies" since 2017. For the show, she won her first Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie for her portrayal of Renata Klein.
- In addition, she appeared as Diane Evans in the third season of David Lynch's television series "Twin Peaks" and as Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo in Rian Johnson's space opera film "Star Wars: The Last Jedi".
- In the year 2018, she portrayed a lead role in "The Tale".
- After a year, she appeared in Noah Baumbach's "Marriage Story" as well as in "Little Women", which stars Saoirse Ronan, Emma Watson, Florence Pugh, Timothée Chalamet, Meryl Streep, and Chris Cooper.
- She will reprise her role as Ellie Sattler in "Jurassic World Dominion", which is set for a 2022 release.
- Additionally, she is set to star alongside Hugh Jackman in Florian Zeller's adaptation of his stage play, "The Son".
- Also, she will star in the science-fiction drama film "Morning" directed by Justin Kurzel, and will star in the Netflix film "Lonely Planet".
Who is Laura Dern married to?
The American actress and director, Laura Dern is married and divorced. She was married to Ben Harper until September 2013. They tied the knot on 23rd December 2005. Ben Harper is a musician. The couple had a son, Ellery Walker and a daughter, Jaya.
She also dated Jeff Goldblum, Baron Davis, and Billy Bob Thornton after her divorce. She is a political activist and supporter of various charities. She also advocated for Down Syndrome awareness in a cover story for Ability Magazine.
She has been rumored to be in a relationship with an actor, Bradley Cooper. Currently, she is living in Los Angeles.
At present, Laura Dern seems to be in a relationship with NBA basketball player, Baron Davis. They have been together since the year 2017. In December 2017, Laura Dern posted a photo of herself and NBA player Baron Davis sharing a kiss while out and about in Los Angeles, and effectively set the internet on fire. An eyewitness told the outlet that while Dern was "trying to remain incognito," the two "were kissing and touching and were all over each other," adding that they looked "very much like a new couple in love." Whereas, they have not confirmed anything about their relationship at present. It's unclear whether or not the two are still together, broken up or if they were even ever officially together in the first place.
What is the net worth of Laura Dern?
The American actress and producer, Laura Dern has good earnings from her profession. She has an estimated net worth of $20 million USD as of 2022. She also earns additional income from different endorsement deals. In 1989, she appeared in the print ads for The GAP clothing. Her worth includes all her property and her present earnings. Her exact salary is still to get unfolded yet. Her main source of wealth is from acting career.
How tall is Laura Dern?
The 55 years aged, Laura Dern is a beautiful actor. She has around 570k followers on her Instagram account due to her beautiful face and her fit body. She stands 5 feet 10 inches tall and has a bodyweight of 135 lbs. She has a fair complexion with Blonde hair and blue eyes. Her body measurements are 34-26-35 inches.
Trivias About Laura Dern You Need To Know.
- The great poet, writer, and Librarian of Congress Archibald MacLeish was Laura's great-great-uncle.
- She revealed that she was sexually assaulted at the age of 14.