Facts About Laura Osnes
|Celebrated Name||Laura Osnes|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Laura Ann Osnes|
|Profession||Actress , Singer|
|Place Of Birth||Burnsville, Minnesota, U.S|
|University||University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point|
|Spouse||Nathan Johnson (m. 2007)|
|Source of Wealth||Acting and singing career|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Height||5 feet and 5 inches|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Laura Ann Osnes, an American actress, and singer is professionally known as Laura Osnes. She is well recognized for being the star of the Broadway revivals of "Grease", "Anything Goes", and "South Pacific". She received a Tony Award nomination for her starring role in "Bonnie and Clyde". In second grade, she played the role of a munchkin in a production of "The Wizard of Oz" whereas she was also a competitor on the reality show "Grease: You're the One that I Want!". Osnes was previously a judge and mentor for the Songbook Academy in 2015. She was seen in the title role of Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Cinderella" on Broadway, for which she received a Drama Desk Award and her second Tony Award nomination for Best Actress in a Musical. Additionally, Laura exited a concert production of Crazy For You at the Guild Hall in East Hampton in August 2021.
Laura Osnes says she quit the show over vaccine requirement
Laura Osnes said she quit a one-night benefit concert because the theater required actors to be vaccinated against Covid and she has decided not to get the shots. Osnes, 35, denied that she was fired and denied that she was offered the option to submit a negative Covid test. Osnes wrote in a statement posted to Instagram on Tuesday that she withdrew when she learned that Guild Hall was requiring vaccinations. "It was a drama-free and discrete transition," Osnes wrote, rebutting Page Six's reporting that her co-star had "pressed her on the matter." An option to provide a negative Covid test "was never extended to me," she wrote.
"I would have tested in a heartbeat something I have been doing for months, and will continue to do, in order to keep working safely," she wrote. She said she and her husband have not gotten the shots because "there is so much that is still unknown." "I stand by the decision my husband and I, with input from our physician, have made for ourselves, our family planning, and our future," she wrote. "I believe individuals have the right to do the research, consult a doctor, and come to their own conclusions before deciding whether or not to get any injection," Osnes continued. "I say this for myself and so many others, who are concerned about their rights, reputations, and livelihoods being on the line," she wrote.
- Being an American actress and singer.
- For being the star of the Broadway revivals of "Grease", "Anything Goes", and "South Pacific".
What is Laura Osnes Nationality?
Laura Osnes took birth on 19th November 1985 with the real name of Laura Ann Osnes in Burnsville, Minnesota, U.S. She is of American nationality and she belongs to the American-white ethnicity. Similarly, her religion is Christian and her race is white. Osnes has celebrated her 35th birthday as of 2020 which is her present age. As per her birth date, her star sign is Scorpio. She is the daughter of her father, Russell Osnes, and her mother, Jane Osnes.
Talking about Laura's education, she attended Eagan High School. She later attended the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point for one year as a Musical Theatre major, before dropping out to pursue a professional career.
What does Laura Osnes do for a living?
- Laura Osnes kicks off her career starring in the TV series "Grease: You're the One That I Want!" where she was named the winner on 25th March 2007.
- On 20th July 1008, she and Crumm played their final performances as Sandy and Danny and they were succeeded by Ashley Spencer and Derek Keeling, two of the runners-up of "Grease: You're the One that I Want!."
- Then she appeared in the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts' "Broadway: Three Generations" which was presented at the Kennedy Center's Eisenhower Theater 2nd-5th October 2008.
- On 21st October of the following year, she was seen as Elizabeth (Lizzy) Bennet for the concert version of the new Broadway-aimed musical "Pride & Prejudice". She also took part in the "Rock Tenor Showcase" on 11th January 2009.
- Later she took over the role of Ensign Nellie Forbush in the Lincoln Center Theater Broadway revival of "South Pacific" in March 2009 after which she starred as Bonnie Parker in the world premiere of Bonnie & Clyde at the La Jolla Playhouse from 10th November to 20th December 2009.
- She returned to the role of Nellie in South Pacific on Broadway on 5th January 2010 and played her final performance on 8th August 2010.
- As well, she starred as Bonnie in "Bonnie & Clyde" at the Asolo Repertory Theatre, Sarasota, Florida in November and December 2010 as well as she played Hope Harcourt in the Broadway revival of "Anything Goes", which began previews on 10th March 2011 and officially opened on 7th April 2011.
- She once again played Bonnie, this time in the Broadway debut of "Bonnie and Clyde" at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre.
- Analogously, she has appeared in several musicals such as "Cinderella", "The Threepenny Opera", "Pipe Dream", "The Sound of Music", "Carousel", "Bandstand", and many others.
- Moreover, Laura exited a concert production of Crazy For You at the Guild Hall in East Hampton in August 2021, NY after the producers mandated COVID-19 vaccinations for performers, though she denied the initial reports that said she was fired and said she chose to exit and defended her decision to not get vaccinated.
Television and Film
- Laura appeared in the pilot for HBO's "The Miraculous Year" in 2011 and voiced a guest spot for the Nickelodeon children's show Team Umizoomi as "Sunny the Sunshine Fairy" in 2013.
- She starred in an episode of the CBS television series "Elementary" in 2013 as well as she performed in PBS' "A Capitol Fourth", which was broadcast live from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol on 4th July 2017.
- She was seen in the Hallmark Channel film "In the Key of Love" which was released on the network on 11th August 2019.
- Osnes also appeared as Charlotte in Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' "A Homecoming for the Holidays" and as Anna in Hallmark Channel's "One Royal Holiday".
- She starred as Lucy in the short film, " Between the Black" in 2020 as well as she appeared as herself in the TV series "A Capitol Fourth" in 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Star Tribune Theatre Award for her work in "The Wizard of Oz"
- San Diego Theatre Critics Circle for her work in "Bonnie & Clyde"
- Broadway.com Audience Award for her work in "South Pacific"
- Drama Desk Award for her work in "Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella"
Who is Laura Osnes Husband?
Laura Osnes is a married woman. She tied a knot with her long-time boyfriend Nathan Johnson on 11th May 2007. Nathan proposed to Osnes on 23rd December 2006. She is basically leading a blissful family life and therefore it's far less likely for her to divorce her partner for any reason. The pair currently resides in live in Manhattan with their dog, Lyla. Concerning Laura's sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Laura Osnes Net Worth?
Laura Osnes is a versatile woman who has a net worth of $2 million as of 2021 whereas her exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. Laura has not done any endorsement work yet. In addition, her major source of income is from her acting and singing career.
What is the Height of Laura Osnes?
Laura Osnes has got a standard height of 5 feet and 5 inches and a convincing appearance. She has 54 kg of body weight with a slim body build. Her killer stilettos with short fabulous dresses showing off her envious long legs make her the object of desire among men belonging to any age. Laura's hair color is blonde and her eyes color are blue.
Trivias About Laura Osnes You Need To Know.
- Laura also played the lead of Sandy in "Grease" at the nation's largest dinner theatre.
- In second grade, she played the role of a munchkin in a production of "The Wizard of Oz".
- She was a competitor on the reality show "Grease: You're the One that I Want!".
- She performed a tribute to singer Barbara Cook at the 2011 Kennedy Center Honors.
- In 2017, she began starring in the original Broadway musical Bandstand.