Laura Siegemund - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Ranking, Husband, Married, Nationality, Age, Birthday, Parents, Family, Height, Wiki, Awards, Facts, Titles
Laura Siegemund is a German professional tennis player. Her professional career began in 2006. She has won two singles and six doubles titles on the WTA Tour, as well as twelve singles and twenty doubles titles on the ITF Women's Circuit. On August 29, 2016, she reached her best singles ranking world's no 27, and also peaked at no 33 in the doubles rankings on September 14, 2020.
She is quite active on social media platforms with around 26.8k followers on Instagram @laurasiegemund and around 7.32k followers on Twitter @laurasiegemund.
What is Laura Siegemund famous for?
- Famous as a German professional tennis player.
Where is Laura Siegemund from?
Laura Siegmund was born on March 4, 1988, in Filderstadt, Germany. Her birth name is Laura Natalie Siegemund. She was born to her father, Harro Siegemund who was an engineer, and mother, Brigitta Siegemund. She has two siblings, a sister named Satu and a brother named Arlen.
She holds German nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Pisces.
Regarding her education, she completed her bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Hagen in 2016.
Laura Siegemund's Career Highlights
- Laura Siegemund was introduced to tennis by her family at age of three.
- In 2000, she won the Junior Orange Bowl in the "12 and under"age category as the first German since Steffi Graf in 1981.
- The same year, she played her first events on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2001, she contested her first WTA qualifying in Leipzig, Germany.
- In 2004, she continued playing in ITF tournaments and won her first ITF doubles title in 2005 in Darmstadt, Germany, and her first ITF singles title in 2006 in Lagos, Nigeria, and in that year also three other ITF doubles titles, but fell in WTA singles qualifying twice.
- In 2007, she won one ITF doubles title but fell in WTA singles qualifying once.
- She won three ITF doubles titles in 2008 and two ITF doubles in 2009 but fell in WTA singles qualifying at the US Open.
- In 2010, she played her first WTA Tour main draw at the Swedish Open, falling in the first round as a qualifier. She also won four doubles titles on the ITF Circuit but fell in WTA tournament singles qualifying once.
- In 2011, she won one ITF singles title but fell in WTA singles qualifying nine times.
- In 2012, she won three singles titles and one doubles title on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2013, she won three singles titles and two doubles titles on ITF Circuit but fell in WTA singles qualifying once again US Open.
- In 2014, she won her first main-draw match on the WTA Tour at the Swedish Open in Bastad, defeating Yaroslava Shvedova in the first round. She won two singles titles and two doubles titles on ITF Circuit, but fell in the first round once and in WTA singles qualifying four times.
- She reached the quarterfinals at the WTA Tour twice in Florianopolis, Brazil, and in Kockelscheuer, Luxembourg. She won three WTA doubles titles and also won one singles and one doubles title on ITF Circuit.
- In Wimbledon, she reached her first Grand Slam main draw after exiting ten times in the qualification rounds.
- At the 2016 Australian Open, she scored one of her biggest victories, defeating former world No.1 Jelena Jankovic in the second round in three sets.
- In April 2016, she made an upset by reaching the final as a qualifier in Stuttgart, losing to compatriot and defending champion Angelique Kerber. On her way to this success she beat three top-10 players in a row
- At the Premier Mandatory of the 2016 Madrid Open, she reached as a qualifier in the third round. After beating ninth-seed Svetlana Kuznetsova and Mirjana Lucic-Baroni. But she lost to Sorana Cirstea.
- At the 2016 French Open and the 2016 Wimbledon Championships, she was knocked out in the first round.
- In July 2016, she won the first WTA title of her career defeating Katerina Siniakova in straight sets in Bastad.
- She got to the quarterfinals at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- In September 2016, she won her first Grand Slam title, winning the US Open mixed-doubles championship with Mate Pavic.
- In 2017, she won her second career title in her hometown premiere event Stuttgart Open after a wildcard entry, defeating Kristina Mladenovic in the final in three sets.
- In May at the 2017 Nuremberg Cup, she suffered a knee injury which kept her out for the rest of the season.
- In 2018, she made her return to the WTA Tour at the Charleston Open where she got to the second round.
- She received a wildcard to compete at the 2018 Stuttgart Open as the defending champion. In the first round, she beat Barbora Strucova but lost to CoCo Vandeweghe in the second round.
- She won the doubles title at the 2018 Kremlin Cup, partnering with Alexandra Panova.
- She reached the semifinals of the Bucharest Open in July 2019.
- In 2020, she won the US Open women's doubles title in partnership with Vera Zvonareva, defeating Nicole Melichar and Xu Yifan in the final in straight sets. This was her first career Grand Slam title in women's doubles.
- At the 2020 French Open, she reached her first Grand Slam singles quarterfinal.
Who is Laura Siegemend dating?
Laura Siegement is unmarried but not single. She is dating a well-known tennis player and her coach, Antonio Zucca. The couple revealed their relationship via Instagram. Currently, they are enjoying their love life and they may marry soon.
How tall is Laura Siegemend?
Laura Siegmund is a gorgeous lady with a fair skin tone. She has a well-maintained Athletic body build. She stands at 1.68m (5 feet and 6 inches) tall and her body weighs around 62kg (137 lbs.). She has a pair of beautiful blue eyes and her hair color is blonde.
What is the Net Worth of Laura Siegemend?
Laura Siegemend might be garnered a huge net worth from her WTA career. Her major source of earnings comes from her professional tennis career. She has earned $2,429,666 as prize money from the competitions. However, there is no information about her salary, net worth, and other assets.
Trivias About Laura Siegemund You Need To Know.
- Her tennis idol growing up was Steffi Graf.
- She is fluent in German, English, and French.