Lauren Lapkus - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, Comedian, Brother, Family, Husband, Divorce, Ex, Children, Age, Height, Wiki, Podcast, Awards, Personal Life
Lauren Lapkus is an American actress, comedian, and impressionist who is best known for portraying Susan Fischer in the Netflix original series, "Orange Is the New Black"(2013). She even won a SAG Award for the first time for her role in the series. She is also popular for her roles in the blockbuster hit movie, "Jurassic World"(2015) as Vivian, and as Jess in the popular HBO series, "Crashing"(2017).
Her latest film, "The Wrong Missy" was streamed on Netflix on May 14, 2020, during the ongoing pandemic of COVID-19. Lapkus was featured in "10 Comics to Watch" for 2012, 2015, and 2016. Besides, she is quite active in social media sites with over 333k followers on her Instagram account: @laurenlapkus.
What is Lauren Lapkus Famous for?
- Famous for her role Susan Fischer in the Netflix original series, "Orange Is the New Black".
Where was Lauren Lapkus Born?
Lauren Lapkus was born on September 6, 1985, in Chicago, Illinois, United States. Her birth name is Dorthea Lauren Allegra Lapkus. Her nationality is American. Lapkus belongs to White ethnicity and is of half Lithuanian and half Greek/Serbian descent while Virgo is her zodiac sign.
Lauren was born in a well-to-do family and was raised in her hometown along with her older brother. She attended Evanston Township High School where she participated in the annual student revue and variety show YAMO. She had an interest in acting since her childhood as during those times, she used to film sketches with her brother.
During her senior year of high school, she even began taking improv classes at the iO Theater. Later, she joined DePaul University and got graduated earning a degree in English in 2008. Soon after her graduation, she moved to New York City for a year where she worked at Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.
After spending almost 15 months in New York City, she relocated to Los Angeles in 2010. Besides, Lauren grew up watching a lot of television sitcoms and "Saturday Night Live" which she credits for her success as a comedian. After almost a year in Los Angeles, Lapkus got roles in a number of commercials, including "Snickers" and "Jack in the Box".
Lauren Lapkus's Career Highlights
- Lauren Lapkus began her career as an actor after she was landed with her first role as Pamela in her debut film, "Movie Boy" in 2005.
- She then appeared in television sitcom and series including 2 episodes of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", "Carpeted Afterhours", "The Parents Project", "Video Game Reunion", "The Back Room".
- Lapkus also got landed with short films including "Dog DNA", "Secrets, Secrets", "Plastic Heart", "Manhattan Mixup", and "3D Printer".
- Lapkus got her first breakthrough after she was landed with a supporting role as Dee Dee in the short-lived, "Are You There, Chelsea?" in 2012.
- She then was cast as security guard Susan Fischer on the first and second seasons of the Netflix series, "Orange Is the New Black" in 2013. She did her audition by self-taping herself.
- In 2014, Lapkus launched her own podcast on the Earwolf network, called "With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus". The same year, she was seen in other series such as "House of Lies", "Drunk History", "The Hotwives of Orlando", "Friends with Better Lives", and "Key & Peele".
- In 2015, she portrayed the role of Vivian in the hit science fiction film, "Jurassic World" and as Joy, the receptionist in TBS's series, "Clipped".
- Lapkus appeared in an episode: "Lauren Lapkus" in the show, "Netflix Presents: The Characters" in 2016. She appeared as a voice actor in an animated sitcom, "American Dad!".
- In 2019, she was seen in a film, "Between Two Ferns: The Movie" and series, "Star vs. the Forces of Evil", "Lights Out with David Spade".
- Her latest movie, "The Wrong Missy" was released on Netflix on May 14, 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lauren Lapkus has won a SAG Award for portraying Susan Fischer in the Netflix original series, "Orange Is the New Black"(2013).
Who is Lauren Lapkus Married to?
Lauren Lapkus married twice throughout her life to date. Previously, she was married to her first husband, Chris Alvarado, who is an actor and improviser. Lauren and Chris got married on May 3, 2014, however, after almost 2 years of their marriage, they separated on February 14, 2016.
Two years later her separation, she got married to her second husband, Mike Castle on October 5, 2018. Mike is also an actor who appeared alongside Lauren in the TBS television series, "Clipped".
How Tall is Lauren Lapkus?
Lauren Lapkus is a beautiful lady in her 30s. Lapkus has a well maintained slim body physique of measurement 32-23-33 inches with 32 A as her bra size and 4(US) as her dress size. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inch.(1.78m) while her body weighs around 55kg(121 lbs). She has a fair complexion with blue eyes and blonde hair.
What is the Net Worth of Lauren Lapkus?
Lauren Lapkus has quite good earnings from her profession as an actress. Lapkus has been working in the show business for over 5 years and has undoubtedly managed to amass a healthy fortune from her movies and TV series. Her net worth is estimated to be around $800k.