Leah Williamson - Bio, Net Worth, Partner, Age, Contract, Height, Wiki
Leah Williamson is a versatile professional footballer who is from England. He currently plays for Arsenal of the FA WSL and captains the England national team. On 5 April 2022, prior to the 2022 Euros, Williamson was announced as the permanent England captain. Her playing position is a defender. She started playing as a midfielder before moving to central defense after a managerial change. She has played for her only domestic football club since 2014 as a senior player. Previously, she joined Rushden & Diamonds Centre of Excellence at the age of 6. She made her senior team debut when she came on as an 81st-minute substitution for Rachel Yankey in Arsenal's 0–2 defeat to Birmingham City in the UEFA Women's Champions League quarter-final.
What is Leah Williamson Famous For?
- Being a British footballer.
- Playing for Arsenal of the FA WSL.
- Being a captain of the England national team.
Where is Leah Williamson From?
Leah Williamson was born on 29th March 1997 in Milton Keynes, England. Her birth name is Leah Cathrine Williamson. She holds British nationality and her ethnicity is British-White. She has not revealed any information about her parents, siblings, and education details. She comes from a divided footballing family, with her brother and father fans of North London team Tottenham Hotspur. She celebrated her 35th birthday as of 2022. She began playing professionally from the age of 9. She attended Portfield's School for primary education and Ousedale School for secondary.
Leah Williamson Career Timeline
Rushden & Diamonds
- Leah, at the age of 6, joined Rushden & Diamonds Centre of Excellence.
- At that time, he said, "My coach at the time left to go to Arsenal. I went across with her and had a couple of trials and luckily they took me on and I never looked back from there. So I owe it all to my coach from when I was 9."
- In 2006, she joined Arsenal's Centre of Excellence when she was 9.
- She made her senior team debut against Birmingham City in 2014 in the UEFA Women's Champions League quarter-final.
- Next, she made her FA WSL debut on 16 April against Notts County.
- With the team, she won her first major title, the 2014 FA Women's Cup with Arsenal on 1 June in the final against Everton.
- She made her first professional goal for Arsenal in a 4–0 win away against Millwall Lionesses in the League Cup on 13th July.
- She scored her first league goal against Chelsea on 4th September.
- In the 2014 FA Women's Super League, she made 12 appearances.
- She played in the 2014 League Cup final against Man City which Arsenal lost 1–0.
- Before the start of the 2015 FA Women's Super League, on 31st March, she signed her first professional contract with Arsenal.
- She helped her team reach the final of the FA Cup in 2016 where Arsenal won against Chelsea.
- Likewise, she appeared in the 2017–18 FA WSL Cup where Arsenal lost to Man City in the final.
- On 13th September 2020, she netted her first goal of the season in Arsenal's 9–1 victory over fellow London side West Ham United.
- She made her 150th appearance in all competitions for Arsenal against Tottenham Hotspur on 18th November 2020 where Arsenal won.
- She announced that Williamson had signed a new one-year contract with the club until the end of the 2021–22 season on 16th June 2021.
- In January 2022, she agreed to a prolonged contract with the club. Arsenal did not disclose the duration of the new commitment, but coach Jonas Eidevall stated that Leah Williamson is "a player for us to build Arsenal around".
Leah Williamson International Career
- Leah Williamson represented England since 2010 at youth levels.
- She captained England's under 17 sides in the 2014 UEFA Women's Under-17 Championship held in England in November.
- Further, she was part of the England women's national under-20 football team to compete in the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup in Canada in August 2014.
- She scored a penalty for her team in a qualifying match against Norway for the 2015 UEFA under-19 championship on 9th April 2015.
- She was called up to the senior England squad in November 2017.
- She made her debut for the senior team with six minutes left in a 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup qualifier against Russia in the team's 3–1 win.
- She was involved in the England squad that won the 2019 SheBelieves Cup in the USA against Japan.
- She was selected for the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup squad in May 2019.
- On 17th September 2021, she was named England captain for the FIFA World Cup qualifier against North Macedonia at St Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
- On 5th April 2022, prior to the 2022 Euros, she was announced as the permanent England captain.
Awards, Honors, and Achievements
- Champion: 2018–19
FA Women's Cup:
- Winner: 2013–14, 2015–16
FA WSL Cup:
- Winner: 2015, 2017–18
- Runner-up: 2014
- SheBelieves Cup: 2019
- Arnold Clark Cup: 2022
England Women's Youth Player of the Year:
- Winner: 2014
- Runner-up: 2012
FA WSL Continental Cup Player of the Year:
- Winner: 2014
PFA Young Women's Player of the Year:
- Winner: 2015
Who is Leah Williamson Boyfriend?
Leah Williamson is currently dating her handsome boyfriend whose name goes by Jordan Noobs. He is also her best friend. Jordan is an English footballer who plays for FA WSL club Arsenal. They played football together and they spend their quality time together. They are enjoying their present life a lot. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Leah Williamson Net Worth?
Leah Williamson is a professional footballer whose net worth is estimated to have around $5 Million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth comes from the football profession. She is making an annual salary is around $1 Million. She is also making a cool amount of money from different endorsement deals and sponsorship. She is enjoying a lavish lifestyle and has done endorsement deals with Sneaks Xclusives, Nike, Puma. She drives an expensive car and also, and she owns a luxurious house.
How tall is Leah Williamson?
Leah Williamson is a beautiful lady with a charming smile and glowing face. She stands at the perfect height of 5 feet 7 inches or 1.70 m. Her body weight consists of 57 KG. Her body type is athletic. Her eye color and hair color, both are black.
Trivias About Leah Williamson You Need To Know.
- She is a lifelong Arsenal fan.
- In 2006, she was selected as the mascot to the Arsenal men's team in a league cup match at the Hawthorns against West Brom.
- Her best friend in football is international teammate and Man City midfielder Keira Walsh.
- Aries is her zodiac sign.
- On 5 April 2022, prior to the 2022 Euros, Williamson was announced as the permanent England captain.