Leander Dendoncker - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Facts, Family, Weight
Leander Dendoncker is a versatile Belgian professional footballer. He is well recognized for playing as either a defender or defensive midfielder for Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers and the Belgium national team. He joined Anderlecht in 2009 and made his professional debut in July 2013, going on to play 171 games for the club and score 11 goals. Leander made his senior international debut for Belgium in June 2015 and was part of their squad that finished third at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, also featuring at UEFA Euro 2020. On 13th February 2022, he scored his first goal in the 2021-2022 Premier League season in a 2-0 win away to Tottenham Hotspur.
Leander Dendoncker Famous For
- Being a Belgian professional footballer.
- For playing as either a defender or defensive midfielder for Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers and the Belgium national team.
Where is Leander Dendoncker from?
Leander Dendoncker was born on 15th April 1995 in Passendale, Belgium. He is of Belgian nationality and he came from Belgian-white ethnic background. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Leander's -present age is 27 which he celebrated recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Aries. He is the son of Dirk Dendoncker (father) whereas his mother's name is not known. He also has two brothers named Andres Dendoncker and Lars Dendoncker.
Regarding Leander's education, he attended the Sint-Guido-Instituut school in Anderlecht at the time that it was being filmed for the fly-on-the-wall documentary "De School van Lukaku" (Lukaku's School) focusing on his teammate Romelu Lukaku.
What team does Dendoncker play for?
- Leander Dendoncker kicks off his career transferring from K.S.V. Roeselare to R.S.C. Anderlecht in 2009 and was incorporated into the first team in January 2013.
- He then made his professional debut on 21st July in the 2013 Belgian Super Cup, replacing Dennis Praet for the final nine minutes of the 1-0 win over Genk at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium.
- He debuted in the Belgian Pro League, on the first day of the season away to KV Oostende and was praised by former Anderlecht player Paul Van Himst after scoring his first professional goal on 18th January 2015 in a 3-0 win at Lierse S.K.
- Also, he played all 16 games in their European campaign that season, which ended with elimination by eventual winners Manchester United in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Europa League.
- Dendoncker moved to newly-promoted English Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers on 9th August 2018 and made his debut on 28th August in the second round of the EFL Cup away to Sheffield Wednesday (2-0 victory).
- He finally made a league appearance on 5th December in a 2-1 win against Chelsea, and scored his first Premier League goal on his sixth appearance in the competition, in a 1-3 win at Everton on 2nd February 2019.
- He became a permanent Wolves signing on 1st July 2019 and was the first Wolves player to have a 'goal' ruled out using VAR in a league match during Wolves' opening fixture away to Leicester City on 11th August.
- It was announced by Wolverhampton Wanderers on 14th December 2020 that Dendoncker had extended his contract with the club until 2023, with an option of a further twelve months available to the club.
- He made his 100th competitive appearance for Wolves in an F.A. Cup 4th Round tie away to non-league Chorley on 22nd January 2021 and scored his first goal of the 2020-2021 season in a home league game against West Ham United on 5th April 2021.
- On 13th February 2022, he scored his first goal in the 2021-2022 Premier League season in a 2-0 win away to Tottenham Hotspur.
- Leander Dendoncker was first called up for the Belgium national football team on 22nd May 2015 by manager Marc Wilmots.
- He made his debut on 7th June in a friendly game away to France, replacing Jason Denayer for the final five minutes of a 4-3 win.
- Manager Roberto Martínez named Dendoncker in Belgium's 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia on 4th June 2018.
- Leander made his tournament debut on 29th June in a 1-0 win over England at the Kaliningrad Stadium, with both teams fielding unfamiliar teams having already advanced to the last 16.
Awards and Achievements
- Belgian First Division A: 2016-2017
- Belgian Super Cup: 2013, 2014
- FIFA World Cup third-place: 2018
Is Leander Dendoncker married?
Leander Dendoncker is an unmarried footballer. He is currently dating his beautiful girlfriend Nikki. He has not however spoken very daringly and openly about his relationship, but he definitely shows his affection whenever the two are together. They have not yet made any plan for their marriage. Concerning Leander's education, he is straight.
What is Leander Dendoncker net worth?
Leander Dendoncker has a net worth of 8 Million euros as of 2022. He has also a handsome amount of salary which is around 2.3 Million Euros per year. In his short professional time also, Leander has established himself an identity already and he's also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Leander Dendoncker?
Leander Dendoncker is 5 ft 10 in / 178 cm tall and his body weighs around 148 lb / 67 kg. He has good-looking dark brown hair and eye color. His body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Leander Dendoncker You Need To Know.
- Dendoncker joined Anderlecht in 2009.
- He won two Belgian Super Cups and a Belgian First Division A title.
- He made his senior international debut for Belgium in June 2015 and was part of their squad that finished third at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- He made his professional debut on 21st July in the 2013 Belgian Super Cup.
- Dendoncker scored his first goal in the 2021-2022 Premier League season in a 2-0 win away to Tottenham Hotspur on 13th February 2022.