Leandro Trossard - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Salary, Transfer, Height
Leandro Trossard is a versatile Belgian professional footballer who plays for Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion and the Belgium national team. He is also a Genk youth academy product. He made his international debut on 5th September 2020 in a Nations League game against Denmark, he substituted Dries Mertens in the 80th minute of the 2-0 away victory. Trossard scored his third goal for his country in an international friendly at home against Burkina Faso on 29th March 2022, where he also assisted Hans Vanaken's and Christian Benteke's goals in the 3-0 Belgium win. Additionally, he is also active in social media as he has gained more than 81.1k followers on his Instagram account and over 16.3K followers on his Twitter account. His shirt number is #11 for his current team.
What is Leandro Trossard Famous For?
- Being a Belgian professional footballer.
- For playing for Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion and the Belgium national team.
What Nationality is Leandro Trossard?
Leandro Trossard was born on 4th December 1994 in Maasmechelen, Belgium. He is Belgian by nationality and Belgian-white by ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Leandro has celebrated his 27th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Sagittarius. He is the son of his father, Peter Scheepers, and his mother, Linda Scheepers.
Talking about Trossard's education, he attended Sint Jan Berchmans College, a secondary school in Brussels, Belgium.
Leandro Trossard Career Timeline
- Leandro Trossard kicks off his career by joining the K.R.C. Genk youth academy from the Bocholt academy in 2010 where he was promoted to the senior squad in 2012, making his first, albeit brief, debut on the 13th May 2012 in a league match against K.A.A. Gent. The game ended 3-1 in favor of Gent.
- He didn't score his first league goal for Genk until over four years later, coming in a 4-1 away loss to K.V. Kortrijk on 25th September 2016.
- He was sent out on loan to Lommel United in January 2013 and made his debut for Lommel came on 3rd February 2013 in a 1-0 away loss to Sint-Truiden.
- He was loaned out to K.V.C. Westerlo in July 2013 and made his debut on 3rd August 2013 in a 2-2 home draw with A.F.C. Tubize which was also his first start for the club.
- He was loaned out to Lommel United again in July 2014 and scored his second career hat-trick for Lommel on 22nd March 2015 in a 6-0 demolition of Racing Mechelen.
- Also, he was loaned out again, this time to OH Leuven in July 2015, and in 30 league matches, he scored eight goals and made his Leuven debut on 25th July 2015 in a 3-1 away loss to the club he had been loaned out from in Genk.
- His first league goal for Leuven came on 16th August 2015 in a 2-0 victory over Charleroi.
Brighton & Hove Albion
- Leandro joined Brighton becoming the club's second signing of the summer on 26th June 2019 where he made his debut for The Seagulls on 17th August and scored the equalizer in the 1-1 home draw against West Ham United.
- He scored the only goal in a 1-0 home win over Tottenham Hotspur to secure the Seagulls' first home league win of the 2020-2021 season on 31st January 2021.
- As well, he scored the winner in a 2-1 away win over Southampton on 14th March 2021, sealing Brighton's first win over the Saints in Premier League history.
- He scored the first goal of Brighton's come back from 2-0 down to beat champions Manchester City 3-2 on 18th May and scored his first goal of the 2021-2022 season on 11 September.
- He enjoyed his time in North London in April 2022 by scoring two goals in two games against Arsenal and Tottenham whereas he assisted two goals and scored one with his chest which had to be reviewed by VAR for potential handball in the 4-0 home thrashing over Manchester United on 7th May.
- Leandro Trossard has been called up to the Belgium national football team on multiple occasions and Roberto Martinez first named him in the Belgium squad in September 2018.
- He made his debut on 5th September 2020 in a Nations League game against Denmark and scored his first goal for his country also adding a second in an 8-0 crushing of Belarus in a 2022 World Cup qualifier on 30th March 2021 on his first international start.
- On 17th May 2021, he was named in Belgium's 26-man squad for Euro 2020 as well as he made his first appearance of the tournament in Belgium's final group match against Finland on 21 June with Belgium already through to the knockouts.
- He began the match later being replaced by Thomas Meunier in the 75th minute of the 2-0 victory at the Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Petersburg that secured the Belgian's top spot in Group B.
- Trossard was a part of Belgium's squad for the UEFA Nations League Finals in Italy in October 2021 as he made two substitute appearances where Belgium lost to France in the semi-final and lost again to Italy in the third-place match to come forth.
- He also scored his third goal for his country in an international friendly at home against Burkina Faso on 29th March 2022, where he also assisted Hans Vanaken's and Christian Benteke's goals in the 3-0 Belgium win.
Awards and Achievements
- Belgian First Division A: 2018-2019
- Belgian Cup: 2012-2013
- Belgian Second Division: 2013-2014
- Brighton & Hove Albion on 01/07/2019 for 20M €
- KRC Genk on 30/06/2016 at End of the loan
- Oud-Heverlee Leuven on 06/07/2015 at loan
- Lommel SK on 01/07/2014 at loan
- KVC Westerlo on 01/07/2013 at loan
- KRC Genk on 30/06/2013 at the end of loan
- KRC Genk on 01/07/2012 From KRC Genk U19
Is Leandro Trossard Married?
Leandro Trossard is a married footballer. He tied a knot with his beautiful girlfriend Laura Hilven. The couple has been in love with one another for over 4 years. Among their shut associates and relations, they wedded in Opglabbeek, Belgium, in 2019. The duo is also blessed parents of a son named Thiago Trossard. Reflecting Leandro's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Leandro Trossard?
Leandro Trossard has a net worth of 3 million euros as of 2022 whereas he has also a handsome amount of salary which is around £1,820,000 per year. His current market value is €17.00m which is also his highest market value as of 26th May 2021. With the potential that's in store for him, Leandro can go miles. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Leandro Trossard?
Leandro Trossard is 1.72 m (5 ft 8 in) tall and his body weighs around 60.7 kg. He has good-looking brown hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, Leandro has an athletic body build with 40-32-14 inches of body measurement.
Trivias About Leandro Trossard You Need To Know.
- Trossard is a Genk youth academy product.
- He plays for Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion and the Belgium national team.
- He joined the K.R.C. Genk youth academy from the Bocholt academy in 2010.
- In January 2013, Trossard was sent out on loan to Lommel United.
- In October 2021, Trossard was a part of Belgium's squad for the UEFA Nations League Finals in Italy.