Who is Lee Jong-suk? Everything To Know About South-Korean Actor and Model
Lee Jong-suk is a well-recognized South Korean actor as well as a model who is best known for his roles in TV shows School 2013 (2012-2013), I Can Hear Your Voice (2013), Doctor Stranger (2014), Pinocchio (2014), W (2016), While You Were Sleeping (2017), The Hymn of Death (2018) and Romance Is a Bonus Book (2019). He debuted in 2005 as a runway model, becoming the youngest male model ever to participate in Seoul Fashion Week. He made his theatrical film debut in the horror movie "Ghost" as Baek Hyun-wook in 2010 and made his first TV show appearance on "Prosecutor Princess" as Lee Woo-hyun in the year 2010. His breakout role was in "School 2013" (2012). His nickname is Ddochi. He has more than 20 million followers on his Instagram account under the account head @jongsuk0206.
Lee Jong Suk Turns 32: Lee Treats His Fans With A Mesmerising Birthday Selfie, Shares A Thank You Note For Warm Wishes
South Korean actor, Lee Jong Suk turned a year older on Tuesday (14th September 2021). While fans sent him heartfelt wishes on social media, now the actor himself took to his official Instagram handle to pen a thank you note for his followers. Sharing a mesmerizing selfie of himself against the backdrop of scenic sunset from a picturesque location, the birthday wrote, “Thank you” in Korean. He has also shared a glimpse of birthday gifts received from his fans, friends, and close people. On the work front, Lee Jong Suk was last seen in 'Romance Is A Bonus Book' with Lee Na Young. He was last shooting for his upcoming film 'Decibel'. He will also be seen in the new drama 'Big Mouth'.
What makes Lee Jong-sun so famous?
- Being a South Korean actor as well as a model.
- For his roles in numerous TV series such as School 2013 (2012-2013), I Can Hear Your Voice (2013), Doctor Stranger (2014), Pinocchio (2014), W (2016), and While You Were Sleeping (2017).
Who are Lee Jong-suk Parents? Details about his Age, Nationality, Education
Lee Jong-suk was born on 14th September 1989 in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. He holds South Korean nationality and his ethnic background is South Korean-Asian. His race is White. His present age is 32 as of 2021. Virgo is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion. About his parents, he was born to his father, Lee Han-kyu, and his mother. He also has two siblings; a sister and a brother. As a child, he learned to play piano, taekwondo, draw and play baduk or Korean chess. Once while going to the taekwondo class, he got into an accident and tore his cruciate ligament. He was happy that he would not have to attend the class anymore but as soon as he was released from the hospital, he was sent back to the class by his father.
About his education, he attended Konkuk University and majored in Professional Motion Pictures and Art graduating in 2016.
Lee Jong-suk Career Timeline
- Lee Jong-suk started his career at the age of 15 in the field of modeling at the Seoul Collection walkway in the year 2005. This made him the youngest male model to debut in the Seoul Collection program at Seoul Fashion Week.
- He then trained as an idol group member for three months and he signed on with an agency to debut but he quits after the agency broke their promise of debuting him as an actor.
- Then, he took part in a selection of actors at the SBS TV station. He made his official acting debut in the South Korean TV series "Prosecutor Princess" in the year 2010. Then, he made his big-screen debut in the horror movie "Ghost".
- He then rose to fame after his supporting role in the hit drama "Secret Garden". He also made his role in MBC's sitcom "High Kick" Season 3 from where he gained his additional popularity.
- In 2012, she co-starred in the film "R2B: Return to Base", a loose remake of the critically acclaimed 1986 film "Top Gun".
- His breakout role came in the teen drama "School 2013". He ranked fifth according to a survey entitled 'Actors Who Lit Up 2013' by Gallup Korea.
- He next starred in the critically acclaimed drama series "I Can Hear Your Voice" with Lee Bo-young.
- Moreover, he starred in the sports film "No Breathing" and had a supporting role in the box office hit "The Face Reader".
- He starred in the teen romantic comedy "Hot Young Bloods" and starred in the hit medical drama "Doctor Stranger", playing a North Korean defector who works as a doctor in South Korea.
- He also starred in "Pinocchio" opposite actress Park Shin-hye.
- He embarked on an Asia fan-meeting tour, and released a photo book titled "2014-2015 Asia Tour Story ~With~".
- He was also cast in his first Chinese drama entitled "Jade Lovers".
- He signed an exclusive contract with 'YG Entertainment' on 10th May 2016.
- He returned to the Korean small screen with MBC's fantasy thriller "W" in July 2016.
- He also co-starred in the promotional web drama "First Seven Kisses" for Lotte Duty-Free.
- Next, he starred in the 2017 crime film "VIP" as a villain. After that, he starred in the supernatural-procedural drama "While You Were Sleeping".
- He was cast in the three-episode drama "The Hymn of Death" in 2018.
- He also established his own agency "A-man Project".
- He starred in his first romantic comedy-drama "Romance Is a Bonus Book" in 2019.
- He comes back with a cameo in "The Witch: Part 2" in 2021.
- He will be seen in the tvN drama "Big Mouth" with Im Yoon-ah in 2022.
- about his military career, he began his mandatory military service on 8 March 2019 and was discharged on 2 January 2021.
Who is Lee Jong-suk in a relationship with? Details about his Affairs, Crush, and Personal Life
Lee Jong-suk is not married yet and he is still to get married yet. As of today, he is rumored to be dating South Korean singer and actress, Kwon Nara who is one of the original members of the South Korean girl group Hello Venus. There is recent and shocking news about Lee Jong Suk allegedly gifting his rumored girlfriend Kwon Nara an expensive Ferrari. Considering the two have not even confirmed their relationship. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, he was rumored to be dating her ex-girlfriend, singer Bae Suzy. There was also a rumor about him dating actress, Park Shin-hye in 2014. They were spotted together going out for late-night drives by the paparazzi. Lee Jong Suk has confessed in multiple interviews in the past that Lee Na Young is his celebrity crush and his ideal type too.
How rich is Lee Jong-suk?
Lee Jong-sun is a famous actor whose net worth is estimated to have more than $50 Million as of 2021. He is making a salary of $50K per episode. His major source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and he is satisfied with his earnings. He is also making a cool amount of money from his modeling career. At the age of 15, he started his career and till now, he has made a huge amount of money from his career work. His successful projects include "Doctor, Stranger" which was shown in 2014, "Pinocchio" (also in the same year!), "W: Two Worlds," which is now being eyed to have an American remake because it was that loved, and "While You Were Sleeping" (2017). He has appeared in the TV commercial for the brands such as Celebeau, BBQ Chicken, Skin Food, Korea Tourism Organization. He is the owner of the dining cafe, '89Mansion' as well. He is living a lavish lifestyle as of today.
How tall is Lee Jong-suk?
Lee Jong-suk is a good-looking man with a slim body build. He has a tall height of 6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm. His balanced weight consists of 72 Kg or 159 lbs. His hair color is black. However, he often tends to dye his hair 'dark brown'. He has a pair of dark brown eyes. He has fuller lips with tall height. His other body measurements are unavailable at a moment. Overall, he has got a healthy body at present.