Last updated on August 20th, 2023 at 01:19 am
Facts About Lee Westwood
|Celebrated Name||Lee Westwood|
|Age||50 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Lee Westwood|
|Birth Name||Lee John Westwood|
|Birth Nation||England, UK|
|Place Of Birth||Worksop, Nottinghamshire|
|Marital Status||Divorced [In Relationship]|
|Spouse||Laurae Coltart Westwood (M. 1999; Div. 2015)|
|Girl Friend||Helen Storey|
|Children||Samuel Bevan and Poppy Grace|
|Net Worth||$ 40 million|
|Source of Wealth||Golf career|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Eye Color||Light brown|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Lee Westwood OBE is an English professional golfer. Noted for his consistency, Westwood is one of the few golfers who has won tournaments on five continents – Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and Oceania – including victories on the European Tour and the PGA Tour. Westwood was named the player of the year for the 1998, 2000, and 2009 seasons. He has won the 2000 European Tour Order of Merit, and the renamed 2009 Race to Dubai. Westwood has frequently been mentioned as one of the best golfers without a major championship victory, despite several near misses including three runner-up finishes.
What is Lee Westwood known for?
- Winner of both the European Tour and the PGA Tour and was named the player of the year in 1998, 2000, and 2009.
Where is Lee Westwood grew up?
Back to his early life, he was born in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, England. He is British by nationality and belongs to the white ethnic group. His birth name is Lee John Westwood.
John Westwood his father, a mathematician by profession brought him up. While at school, he excelled in cricket, rugby, and football. Apart from this, his parents, siblings, and education details were not disclosed yet.
When did Lee Westwood pursue his golf career?
- He began playing when he was 13 with half a golf set given to him by his grandparents. Less than two years later, Lee Westwood was the junior champion of Nottinghamshire and by 1993, he won the British Youth Championship and turned pro. Lee Westwood has represented Europe in eight Ryder Cups.
- He has been in good form throughout all his career years. He was named the player of the year for the 1998, 2000 and 2009 seasons. He also has won the 2000 European Tour Order of Merit and renamed 2009 Race to Dubai. He also has subjected as one of the successful golfers without a major championship victory. He also represented himself in Ryder Cup that was held in October 2010 in Europe. He holds the number one position for a total of 22 weeks.
- In the 2013 Open Championship, Westwood led after 54 holes by two strokes over Hunter Mahan and Tiger Woods. They were the only three players in the field under par for the tournament. Westwood shot a four-over-par 75 in his final round to finish in a tie for third, four strokes back at one-over-par. Phil Mickelson went on to win the tournament with a total of three-under-par, the only player to complete the tournament under par. This was the second time Westwood had taken the lead into the final round of a major championship, with the other being in the 2010 Masters, which Mickelson also won. Westwood has now finished in the top three eight times in majors without ever winning one.
- In April 2015, Westwood won the CIMB Niaga Indonesian Masters for the third time in his career. He won in a sudden-death playoff over Chapchai Nirat, having held a five-stroke lead at the 54-hole stage. This was Westwood's ninth victory in Asian Tour events.
- At the 2016 Masters, Westwood finished joint runner-up with Jordan Spieth, three strokes behind winner Danny Willett. He was briefly only one stroke off the lead during the final round following an eagle on the par-five 15th but bogeyed the 16th to end his chances. This was the third time Westwood has finished as runner-up in a major championship. At the 2016 U.S. Open, Westwood was again near the top of the leaderboard after the first three rounds, but playing in the penultimate group during the final round he fell away badly shooting around 80 (+10) to finish T32.
- In an interview with CNN in November 2017, Westwood spoke of his desire to go into the golf course design industry once he had finished playing, saying he would vow to make courses "more playable and enjoyable".
- On 11 November 2018, Westwood fired an eight-under 64 to storm to a three-shot victory in the Nedbank Golf Challenge. Westwood's win in Sun City, South Africa claimed his 24th European Tour victory and his first since the 2014 Malaysian Open. The victory was worth $1,250,000. The Nedbank was his first Rolex Series title and third victory at Gary Player Country Club following wins in 2010 and 2011 before the tournament joined the European Tour international schedule. He also won the Dimension Data Pro-Am in 2000 also played at the Gary Player Country Club.
Who is the girlfriend of Lee Westwood?
Reflecting on his personal life, he was a married man in the past. After the divorce from Laurae Coltart Westwood, Lee was very disappointed. Even he stated that it’s not easy for him to play golf after split up.
No doubt, his current girlfriend, Helen Storey played a major role in stable his life and now he is playing his game with full concentration. Lee and Helen were living together only a few months after the golfer split with Laurae in 2015, perhaps lending a measure of credence to Laurae’s claims that Lee was not truly committed to the marriage.
Further, Lee has two children, Samuel Bevan, and Poppy Grace from his previous marriage.
How much net worth Lee Westwood assumed?
For his golf career, he has accumulated a lot of money in his life. According to some online sources, his estimated net worth somewhere around $ 40 million dollars at present. However, his salary was not revealed yet. In the case of revealed, we will let you know.
Moreover, there are lots of fans who followed him on social networking sites. He is actively growing on Facebook and Instagram. His playing swing footage can be seen on YouTube.
What are the body measurements of Lee Westwood?
Observing his body figures, He has a dynamic personality. He has a standing height of 6 feet and his weight is around 205 lbs. He is smart and handsome. His other body information was not disclosed yet.
Trivias About Lee Westwood You Need To Know.
- Lee began playing when he was 13 with half a golf set given to him by his grandparents.
- He is the winner of both the European Tour and the PGA tour and was named the player of the year in 1998, 2000, and 2009.
- When he became the world's No. 1 player in 2010, he ended Tiger Woods' long reign at the top.
- He often watched Jack Nicklaus play as a child, as he was a huge fan of Nicklaus'.
- He has represented Europe in ten Ryder Cups.
- Westwood has frequently been mentioned as one of the best golfers without a major championship victory.
- He is good friends with fellow Ryder Cup star Darren Clarke.
- Westwood was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2011 Birthday Honours