Lee Zeldin - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Facts, Family, Party, Height
Lee Zeldin is an American attorney, member of Congress, and officer in the United States Army Reserve. He has represented New York's 1st congressional district in the United States House of Representatives since 2015. His political party is Republican. From 2011 to 2014, Zeldin served as a member of the New York State Senate from the 3rd Senate district. He defended Trump during his first impeachment hearings in relation to the Trump–Ukraine scandal. After Trump lost the 2020 presidential election and made false claims of fraud, Zeldin voted against the certification of Arizona's and Pennsylvania's electoral votes. He announced his candidacy for governor of New York 2022 in April 2021.
What is Lee Zeldin Famous For?
- Being an attorney, member of Congress, and officer.
- For presenting the New York's 1st congressional district in the United States House of Representatives since 2015.
What is Lee Zeldin Nationality?
Lee Zeldin took birth with the born name of Lee Michael Zeldin on 30th January 1980. He is from East Meadow, New York, the U.S. He spent his early childhood in Suffolk County, New York. His present age is 42 as of 2022. He is the son of his father, David Zeldin, and his mother, Merrill Schwartz. He holds an American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. Aquarius is his zodiac sign and his religion is Judaism. He graduated from William Floyd High School in Mastic Beach, New York, in 1998. He also attended Hebrew school. He received a bachelor's degree in political science from the SUNY University at Albany in 2001. He received a Juris Doctor from Albany Law School in May 2003. In 2004, he was admitted to the New York State Bar.
Lee Zeldin Career Timeline
- After his graduation, he received an Army ROTC commission as a second lieutenant and served in the United States Army from 2003 to 2007.
- In 2007, he transitioned from active duty to the Army Reserve, where he achieved the rank of lieutenant colonel.
- Then, he became an attorney for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in 2007, and after a year, he started a general-practice law firm in Smithtown, New York
- In 2010, he went to the New York State Senate’s 3rd district daring Democratic incumbent Brian X. Foley. He defeated Foley with 57% of the vote.
- He was reelected in 2012, defeating Democrat Francis Genco with 56% of the vote.
- He has supported a $250 million cut to the MTA payroll tax in December 2011.
- He defeated George Demos in the Republican primary and ran unopposed for the Conservative Party nomination in the June 24 primary. On November 4, 2015, he defeated Bishop with 54% of the vote.
- He ran unopposed in the 2018 Republican primary. In the general election in November, his chief opponent was Democratic candidate Perry Gershon, who also had the endorsement of the Working Families Party. He defeated Gershon, 51.5%-47.4%.
- He ran unopposed in the Republican primary in 2020. He defeated Democratic nominee Nancy Goroff, 54.9%-45.1%.
- As of August 2020, he was one of two Jewish Republicans in Congress. Amid the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Zeldin was one of 963 Americans the Russian Foreign Ministry banned from entering Russia.
- In April 2021, he announced he would run for governor of New York in 2022. As of August 2021, Zeldin had been endorsed by 49 of New York's 62 county Republican party chairs.
- In November 2021, Zeldin declined to commit to campaigning for governor with Donald Trump, saying, "There are plenty of New Yorkers who love him, there are plenty of New Yorkers out there who don't."
- His running mate in the 2022 gubernatorial election, Alison Esposito, is openly gay, and their election would make her the first openly gay lieutenant governor in New York history. He faced Rob Astorino, Andrew Giuliani, and Harry Wilson in the 2022 Republican gubernatorial primary. He was declared the winner on June 29, 2022.
- Next, he will face incumbent Governor Kathy Hochul in the November general election.
Who is Lee Zeldin Wife?
Lee Zeldin is a married man to his long-term girlfriend turned wife, Diana Zeldin. The couple has identical twin daughters namely Mikayla and Arianna. He was raised in Conservative Judaism whereas his wife is Mormon. The couple resides in Shirley, New York. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Lee Zeldin Net Worth?
Lee Zeldin is an attorney, member of Congress, and officer who has made cool money from his work. He has been active from the year 2003 till now. As of 2022, the net worth of Lee Zeldin is estimated to have $5 Million. His main source of wealth comes from the political industry. He is making a cool amount of money from his professional work. His salary is in thousands of dollars.
How tall is Lee Zeldin?
Lee Zeldin is a handsome man with a standing height of 6 feet 6 inches. He has a balanced body weight of 75 Kg. He has black eyes and his hair is also black. He wears a shoe size of 7 (US). On September 18, 2021, Zeldin announced that he had been diagnosed with leukemia in November 2020, but had achieved disease remission following treatment. Her other body size is still to get disclosed yet.
Trivias About Lee Zeldin You Need To Know.
- He served in the United States Army for four years and received an Army ROTC commission as a lieutenant.
- He has been representing the 1st congressional district since 2015.
- In May 2013, he was awarded a Juris Doctor when he was in Albany Law School.
- Arianna Zeldin and Mikayla Zeldin are the names of the twin of Lee and Diana.