Lenore Skenazy - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Son, Family, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Book, Articles, Let Grow, Career, Washington Post, Blogger
Lenore Skenazy is an American speaker, blogger, syndicated columnist, author, and reality show host who is widely recognized as the president of non-profit promoting childhood independence, "Let Grow" and founder of the Free-Range Kids movement. Skenazy went on making a national story after she made a controversial decision to let her then-9-year-old son take the New York City Subway home alone that literally changed the thinking point of people and gained massive media attention.
She was also dubbed, "America's Worst Mom" and was profiled in "The New Yorker" and "The New York Times".
What is Lenore Skenazy Famous for?
- Famous as the president of a non-profit organization, "Let Grow".
Early Life of Lenore Skenazy?
Lenore Skenazy was born on November 4, 1959, in the United States. Her birth name is Lenore Skenazy. Her nationality is American. Skenazy belongs to White ethnicity while Scorpio is her zodiac sign. Skenazy is a well-educated woman as she is a 1981 graduate of Yale University. She also earned a Master's degree from Columbia in 1983.
What Does Lenore Skenazy Do For Living?
- Lenore Skenazy began her career working as a columnist for the "New York Daily News". She worked for over 14 years until she was fired in December 2006.
- She then moved to The New York Sun and wrote there until it got shut down in 2008. She also worked as a reporter and writer for NPR, CNBC, and was featured in the Bravo series, "Tabloid Wars".
- Skenazy got much recognition when her column in "The New York Sun", "Why I Let My 9-Year-Old Ride the Subway Alone" went viral as it was her controversial decision to let her son take the New York City Subway home alone, which was completed without incident.
- The story was covered on several shows like "The Today Show", "Fox News", which later became worldwide news, and was featured on series like, Penn & Teller: Bullshit!, The View, Nightline, Good Morning America.
- Her popular blog led to the creation of the book, "Free-Range Kids", that was published in 2009 by John Wiley & Sons.
- In 2015, she was profiled in The New Yorker and The New York Times.
- Skenazy also became the host of the reality television show, "World's Worst Mom" that aired on Discovery Life.
- She currently serves as the president of non-profit promoting childhood independence and resilience, "Let Grow". She co-founded the organization along with Daniel Shuchman, Dr. Peter Gray, and Prof. Jonathan Haidt in 2018. Her goal is to renormalize kids doing things on their own.
- She is also the founder of the Free-Range Kids movement.
- Skenazy founded the book and blog "Free-Range Kids," with the aim of fighting the belief that children are in constant danger from creeps, kidnapping, germs, grades, and more.
Is Lenore Skenazy Married?
Lenore Skenazy is a married woman. She is also the mother of her 2 children.
What is the Net Worth of Lenore Skenazy?
Lenore Skenazy has quite good earnings from her professional career as a speaker, blogger, and television host. Having been in this field for over 14 years, Skenazy has managed to earn a healthy fortune. Her net worth is estimated to be around $800k.
How Tall is Lenore Skenazy?
Lenore Skenazy is a gorgeous lady in her 60s. Skenazy has a well-maintained slim body physique with brown hair and brown eyes.