Facts About Leon Goretzka
|28 Years Old
|Leon Christoph Goretzka
|Place Of Birth
|Source of Wealth
|35 million uuro (30 million pound)
|1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)
|Wikipedia Instagram Twitter
Talented German professional footballer, Leon Christoph Goretzka is excellently known as Leon Goretzka. He plays as a midfielder for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the Germany national team with the jersey number 18. He joined Schalke 04 in 2013 and debuted with the German national team in 2014. He started his professional career with VfL Bochum in 2012 after spending more than a decade in the club's youth setup. Leon scored 5 goals in 17 appearances for the German U17 team from 2011 to 2012. He won the Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal twice with Bayern in 2018 and 2019 and is also the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 winner with the national team. Additionally, he was selected to the squad for the UEFA Euro 202 on19th May 2021.
Leon Goretzka reacts after his late goal in Germany's 2-2 draw vs. Hungary
Germany made incredibly hard work of it, but thanks to a late goal from Bayern Munich's Leon Goretzka, their 2-2 draw was enough to see them finish 2nd in Group F and advance to the knockout stages of Euro 2020. Speaking after the draw, Goretzka admitted that, as they had anticipated, Hungary was a difficult side to break down and that it was always going to take a great fight to get a result (Tz). "Today's game was very, very difficult. There was a lot of resistance that we had to face. But it's great that we made it in front of a home crowd," he said. The lapse in concentration from Germany could've been far more costly had Goretzka not equalized late on. "What shouldn't happen is the situation after the 1-1 draw, we weren't awake enough from the head. You draw even and 15 seconds after that it's 1:2, that shouldn't be," Goretzka vented. "Of course I'm over the moon. You could tell that it was getting tight. The ball falls at my feet and then just put it in," he said.
- Being a German professional footballer.
- For playing as a midfielder for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the Germany national team.
What is the Real Name of Leon Goretzka?
Leon Goretzka took birth with the real name of Leon Christoph Goretzka on 6th February 1995 in Bochum, Germany. He is German by nationality and German-white by ethnicity. His religion is Christian and his race is white. Leon's present age is 26 which he celebrated in 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Aquarius. His father, Konrad Goretzka, is an automotive engineer and electrical engineer for Opel whereas his mother's details are unknown. However, we know that he has a brother named, Philip Goretzka.
Talking about Leon's academic qualification, he had completed his high school graduation from the Alice-Salomon Berufskolleg (Alice-Salomon-Vocational School) in his hometown of Bochum.
How was the Football Career of Leon Goretzka?
- Leon Goretzka jumps off his football career with Werner SV 06 Bochum in 1999 and stayed for two years with the WSV before making the move to VfL Bochum in 2001.
- He made his professional debut for Bochum in the 2. Bundesliga against Dynamo Dresden in the rewirpowerSTADION on 4th August 2012.
- He had an impressive 2012-2013 season at Bochum and was their standout performer as Bochum narrowly avoided relegation from the 2.
- Schalke 04 confirmed the transfer of Goretzka from Bochum on 30th June 2013 where he signed a five-year contract until 30th June 2018. The transfer fee was reported to be €3,250 million.
- He had a promising first season, scoring five goals in 32 appearances in all competitions during the 2013-2014 season.
- He was called up for the 30-man preliminary squad of the Germany national team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil at the end of the season and made his debut in a friendly match prior to the World Cup against Poland.
- Goretzka was limited to only 11 matches in all competitions due to a thigh injury during the 2014-2015 season however he later returned from the injury on Matchday 24 against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- He played in a career-high 41 matches in all competitions, scoring eight goals during the 2016-2017 season as well as he received a concussion and suffered a double fracture of his jaw while playing against Ajax in the Europa League.
- He played in 29 matches in all competitions and scored four goals during the 2017-2018 season which was his first season without European football since his arrival at Schalke in 2013.
- As well, Goretzka helped Schalke finish second behind champions Bayern Munich and thus qualifying for the UEFA Champions League for the first time since the 2014-2015 season.
- Goretzka officially joined Bayern by signing a four-year contract until June 2022 on 1st July 2018 and came on for Thomas Muller in the 64th minute on 12th August 2018, in the DFL Super Cup which was his first appearance for Bayern.
- He scored his first goal for the club in a 3-0 away victory over VfB Stuttgart on 1st September whereas in the same year, on 19th January 2019, he scored his first-ever brace in the Bundesliga, scoring twice in a 3-1 win over Hoffenheim.
- Goretzka scored his own goal in a Bundesliga game after 13 seconds on 15th February 2019; no Bayern player had yet touched the ball.
- He won his first Bundesliga title as Bayern finished two points above Dortmund with 78 points on 18th May 2019 whereas a week later, he won his first DFB-Pokal as Bayern defeated RB Leipzig 3-0 in the 2019 DFB-Pokal Final.
- As well, he scored his first Champions League goal during a 6-0 away win at Red Star Belgrade on 26th November 2019.
- He also scored a goal in a 2-1 win over Sevilla after extra time in the 2020 UEFA Super Cup on 24th September 2020 but, he missed the second leg against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League quarter-finals due to muscle problems in April 2021. However, he ended the season by winning his third consecutive Bundesliga title.
- Leon made his Germany national U-16 football team debut in a friendly against Northern Ireland and he scored in the 3-2 victory on 15th October 2010 and he made his Germany national U-17 football team debut against Turkey in a 4-0 victory on 24th August 2011.
- In May 2012, he captained the Germany national U-17 football team at the 2012 UEFA European Under-17 Championship in Slovenia and led the German U-17 team all the way to the final against the Netherlands. He also scored the lead goal of the match taking the scoreline to 1-0 and his goal was compensated in stoppage time taking the scoreline to 1-1.
- Leon debuted for the Germany national U-21 football team under Horst Hrubesch on 8th August 2013, in a 0-0 draw against France in which he had a magnificent match.
- He was unsuccessfully contacted by the Polish national team but rejected the offer as he is not aware of any Polish background.
- Goretzka was included in the 30-men preliminary squad of the German national team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup by Germany's manager, Joachim Low on 8th May 2014 where he made his debut in a 0-0 draw against Poland on 13th May 2014.
- He was removed from the team's preparatory training camp and final squad for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil because he had suffered a muscle injury after Germany's match against Poland.
- Later, he was named in Germany's squad for the Confederations Cup in Russia in May 2017.
- He scored his first goal for Germany in a 3-2 Group B win over Australia in the nation's opening match for the tournament on 20th June.
- He was also included in Germany's final 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup on 4th June 2018. He made his World Cup debut in the last match of the group stage in a 2-0 defeat to South Korea on 27th June as his side got knocked out from the World Cup for the first time since 1938.
- Goretzka was selected to the squad for the UEFA Euro 2020 on 19th May 2021.
- Leon Goretzka was named to the squad for the 2016 Summer Olympics. He captained Germany in their first match against Mexico, but picked up a shoulder injury, and returned to Gelsenkirchen.
- He played against Iceland for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification on 25th March 2021 whereas he also played against Hungary for UEFA Euro 2020 on 23rd June 2021.
- Bayern Munchen on 01/07/2018 for free
- FC Schalke 04 on 02/07/2013 for 3.3M €
- VfL Bochum on 01/07/2012 From VfL Bochum U19
Awards and Achivements
- Bundesliga: 2018-2019, 2019-2020, 2020-2021
- DFB-Pokal: 2018-2019, 2019-2020
- DFL-Supercup: 2018, 2020
- UEFA Champions League: 2019-2020
- UEFA Super Cup: 2020
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2020
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship runner-up: 2012
- Summer Olympic Games silver medal: 2016
- FIFA Confederations Cup: 2017
- Fritz Walter Medal in Gold (U-17): 2012
- FIFA Confederations Cup Silver Boot: 2017
- FIFA Confederations Cup Bronze Ball: 2017
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2019-2020
- Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2017-2018, 2020-2021
Who is Leon Goretzka Dating?
Unmarried footballer, Leon Goretzka is currently in a romantic relationship with his beautiful girlfriend Mathea Fischer. There are not many details about their relationship but they reportedly started dating in 2015. His girlfriend Mathea was born in 1992 in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. The pair's relationship is exceptional till now and hopes it will remain the same as in the future too. Furthermore, regarding his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Leon Goretzka Net Worth?
Being a professional footballer, Leon Goretzka has a net worth of around 35 million euros (30 million pounds) as of 2021. He earns a weekly wage of €125,000, and his annual salary is reported to be €6.5 million. His market value is €70 as of June 2021 which is also his highest market value as of February 2021. Leon's major source of income is from his football career. In addition, Leon also makes additional earnings from endorsement and sponsorship deals. He is a Nike athlete and endorses Nike products and shoes. He gets paid a huge amount for wearing and promoting Nike shoes during his game.
How tall is Leon Goretzka?
Leon Goretzka is 1.89 m (6 ft 2 in) tall in height and weighs 76 kgs. He has an athletic body build with brown hair and dark brown eyes color. Enriched with the toned bicep and perfect built, Leon doesn't hesitate to go shirtless. He's got an unconventional good look and raw appeal about him. Reasons for his amazing personality could be his roots.
Trivias About Leon Goretzka You Need To Know.
- Leon began his professional career with VfL Bochum in 2012 after spending more than a decade in the club's youth set-up.
- He scored 5 goals in 17 appearances for the German U17 team from 2011 to 2012.
- He and Miroslav Klose were teammates on the German national team.
- Goretzka has been an activist against hate crime, visiting the Dachau Holocaust memorial on his days off, and meeting Holocaust survivor Margot Friedlander.
- After scoring against Hungary during Euro 2020, Goretzka celebrated by making a heart gesture towards the Hungarian fans.